• Published 18th Aug 2017
  • 1,991 Views, 56 Comments

CPU of Equis Re;Birth - Maziodyne



A Japanese teen gets her consciousness thrown into the mind of a child. The child is then stranded in Equestria without either of her two sisters to comfort her. Displaced.

  • ...
6
 56
 1,991

Chapter 1: Beyond Cosplay

Through the howling winds of a blizzard, the figure of a child could be seen lying in the snow. The child had shoulder-length, dirty blonde hair, and was wearing a winter cap, winter coat and winter boots that were all in a matching baby blue. The child was lying in the front yard of what appeared to be a cottage.

After a few moments, the child stirred, using their bare hands to get up. "Ouchie..." the child said in a quiet, female voice, her hands recoiling from the cold bite of the snow against her skin. She opened her blue eyes and took a look around. "Where's Ram and Blanc...?" the child asked. As she asked the question, something else stirred.

Damn... Maiko said. What was that woman's problem...?

The child heard this voice and jumped. "Wh-Who...?" she asked, scared.

Wait- What happened to me? Maiko asked. I can't move at- Maiko then fell silent when she realized that her field of view was darting around, seemingly on its own.

"W-Where are you...!?" the girl asked, starting to seem terrified.

Maiko realized that the voice seemed to come from 'her' mouth. I... think I'm in your... head...? Maybe? Maiko answered, unsure.

"Wh-Who are you...?" the girl asked hesitantly.

My name is Maiko, Maiko supplied.

"Um... Why are you in my head...?" the girl asked next, seeming to be a bit less scared.

I honestly haven't the slightest idea, Maiko said truthfully.

The girl had still been glancing around as this conversation was happening, not sure what else to do while she basically spoke to herself. Maiko noticed the blizzard that was raging. Maybe you should get inside, she said.

"Huh...? O-Oh... Um, okay..." the girl answered. She looked around her until her eyes stopped on the cottage behind her.

You should knock on the door and see if whoever lives there will let you come inside, Maiko suggested.

"Okay..." the girl said, approaching the small building.

You know, Maiko suddenly said, I still don't know your name.

"U-Um..." the girl hesitated as she stopped in front of the cottage's door. "Rom..." she answered shyly.

Rom!? Maiko said in surprise. Ahem, well, alright Rom. It's nice to meet you. Rom had yet to knock on the door. Don't forget to knock, Maiko reminded her.

"Oh..." Rom said before knocking. "Thank you..."

Rom waited for a few moments, starting to shiver in the cold. Nobody answered.

Maybe nobody's home... Maiko said.

Rom looked behind herself nervously. "Now what do we do...?"

Maiko noticed a shape coming towards them through the blizzard in the direction Rom was looking. Hang on, someone's coming.

As the figure came closer, the two could see that it was a young woman with long, pink hair that curled upward near the tips. She was wearing a large, green winter coat dress, and had a pink scarf around her neck. Her eyes were a marine green colour.

Do you think she's the one who liv- Maiko began to ask, before getting interrupted by four strange creatures suddenly jumping forth from the blizzard. The creatures looked like blue blobs with canine ears, muzzles and tails.

The creatures surrounded the woman, who squeaked in fright at their sudden appearance.

"Ah...!" Rom said in fright. "Monsters...!"

Rom, get a grip! Maiko said. They're just some simple Dogoos! You're a CPU Candidate, aren't you? Take them out and rescue the poor woman!

Rom paused for a moment. "Y-You're right..." she said. "I-I'll save her from the meanie monsters...!"


As Rom's staff materialized into her hands, the four Dogoos seemed to sense her intentions, turning away from the woman and lining up between her and Rom.

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 14600/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo A!
Rom swept her staff in front of her, creating a flash of light that erupted on the left-most Dogoo.
784 damage!

The four Dogoos then swarmed Rom and tackled her one by one.

Dogoo A attacks Rom!
304 damage!

Dogoo B attacks Rom!
307 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
309 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
302 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 13378/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo A!
Rom continued to hit the left-most Dogoo with the same magical attack.
777 damage!

As the Dogoo took more damage, its movements became a bit more sluggish, but it continued to ram Rom with the others nonetheless.

Dogoo A attacks Rom!
305 damage!

Dogoo B attacks Rom!
303 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
301 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
308 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 12161/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo A!
As Rom casted her attack a third time, the light erupted on the Dogoo considerably more intensely than the previous two times.
Critical Hit! 2357 damage!
The Dogoo then slumped down, defeated, before fading away.
Dogoo A was defeated!

The other three Dogoos continued to attack Rom, either ignoring or unaware that one of them had been defeated.

Dogoo B attacks Rom!
306 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
309 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
304 damage!

As the Dogoos continued to damage Rom, she began to feel more tired, however she kept fighting anyway.

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 11242/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo B!
Rom continued with the same attack, moving on to the next Dogoo.
776 damage!

The Dogoos simply continued to retaliate in the same way.

Dogoo B attacks Rom!
309 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
304 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
302 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 10327/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo B!
785 damage!

Dogoo B attacks Rom!
304 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
301 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
307 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 9415/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo B!
782 damage!

Dogoo B attacks Rom!
305 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
307 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
304 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 8499/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo B!
780 damage!

The Dogoo Rom had been attacking was now panting in exhaustion, but didn't let that deter it as it attacked with the others.

Dogoo B attacks Rom!
304 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
307 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
302 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 7586/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo B!
778 damage!
As Rom's attack defeated the second Dogoo, it slumped and faded away, just like the first.
Dogoo B was defeated!

The remaining two Dogoos were once again unaffected by the defeat of one of their own, behaving almost like programmed machines.

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
306 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
303 damage!

As Rom's HP waned below half, she could feel the tiredness weighing on her. Despite this, she pushed herself to keep going and save the woman from the monsters' ambush.

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 6977/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo C!
784 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
307 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
309 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 6361/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo C!
781 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
302 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
305 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 5754/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo C!
779 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
306 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
307 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 5141/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo C!
786 damage!

Dogoo C attacks Rom!
305 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
308 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 4528/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo C!
776 damage!
Just like the first two, the Dogoo slumped and faded away upon defeat.
Dogoo C was defeated!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
When the remaining Dogoo made to attack Rom, this time its lunge was considerably more forceful.
Critical Hit! 928 damage!

Rom was beginning to feel very tired at this point, but she continued to push through, not wanting to let the monster have its way with the defenseless woman.

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 3600/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo D!
783 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
304 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 3296/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo D!
784 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
308 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 2988/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo D!
779 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
303 damage!
Rom's HP is low...

As Rom's HP dropped below one fifth, sweat began to form on her forehead. Despite this, she continued to fight the remaining Dogoo, sure that she could beat it.

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 2685/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo D!
785 damage!

Dogoo D attacks Rom!
309 damage!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 2376/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Rom attacks Dogoo D!
776 damage!
As Rom attacked the Dogoo through the intense exhaustion she was feeling, her magical attack finally managed to finish it off as it slumped and faded away like the rest.
Dogoo D was defeated!

Dogoo A
-------------------------

Dogoo B
-------------------------

Rom
HP: 2376/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Dogoo C
-------------------------

Dogoo D
-------------------------

Victory!


"I did it...!" Rom said, overjoyed but exhausted from the battle. She then looked up at the woman. "Um... A-Are you okay miss...?" she asked the woman.

The woman looked down at Rom. "Um, yes. Thank you," she said in a quiet, sweet voice.

You should ask her if she lives in the cottage, Maiko suggested.

However, before Rom could say anything, the woman jumped and looked around. "Who's there?" she asked.

Maiko realized that the woman must have heard her. Um, my name is Maiko Hayakawa, she ventured. You won't be able to see me though.

"Huh...?" the woman said, still looking around.

"She's in my head..." Rom said. "But she doesn't know why..."

The woman was quiet for a few moments. "Maybe Twilight will know what that's all about..." she said to herself quietly. She then looked down at Rom again. "But, yes. I do live in this cottage." She gave Rom a smile. "You should come inside out of this blizzard," she offered. "You look very tired, so you should definitely rest."

"Okay..." Rom answered, nodding. "Thank you..."

As they walked to the door, the woman introduced herself. "My name is Fluttershy. What's yours?"

"Rom..." was Rom's reply. "Um... Can I just call you Miss Shy...? Your name is kind of long..."

"Sure," Fluttershy said as the two stepped inside.

End of Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Here we go, the remake begins now!

I am so happy with those health bars, you have no idea. Anyway, things that are different from the original:
Battle GUI - so that you can see everyone's HP.
More HP - for more accuracy in damage calculations and whatnot.
SP - which will come into play later.
Everyone can hear Maiko - because I feel the awkward dynamic of only Rom being able to hear her dragged the quality of the original down a bit.
Rom saved Fluttershy instead of the other way around - because I thought it would be interesting.
Battle in chapter 1 - since I actually know how I want to treat combat from the get-go this time.
Solo battle - because why not.

Anyway, I have so much planned for this remake. I sincerely hope you enjoy it!