• Published 13th Aug 2017
  • 4,109 Views, 62 Comments

T.I.M. of EQUESTRIA - Winter Eclipse



I am The Invisible Man. Just call me Tim. Ive been in Equestria for five years and no one knows it. But this night, I am desperate. I need help and i have chosen to make myself know.

  • ...
17
 62
 4,109

I'm a old man

After talking to Celestia and Luna, I decided to do some physical training. So I made my way to the guard barracks and made use of the weight equipment they had. Seeing what they had and how I could use it, I got started. Thirty minutes later I discovered two things. One is I'm out of shape. The other.... I'm a old man. Time has caught up with me. It sucks when you realize that your almost fifty. That made me slam on the metaphorical brakes. Where had the time gone. I then thought back to what I had asked the princesses. I literally sceamed at myself in my mind. ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE? I need to fix this right now and left to find the two sisters.

You would think that tracking down two alicorns would be easy right? WRONG. I spent three hours looking for those two. I finally was informed that they had been in a meeting with their scientists and had been looking for me as well. After I got guidance to the meeting room I felt that I needed a nap. Oh joy. Another sign I'm getting old. After reaching said meeting room, I took note of a hint of concern in their eyes.

"Hello girls, I've got something I wish to discuss with both of you."

"We do as well Tim" Luna began. "Both of us feel that you should not have to do what you have asked to do Tim. In our eyes it's too dangerous for you." If there was any doubts in my mind, they was laid to rest. I knew now that Luna had feelings for me. Why me though? I was just a pathetic and weak human. What could I possibly offer her. A throat being cleared brought me back.

"Oh, sorry. I kinda got lost in my thoughts" I grinned sheepishly. "That's what I wanted to speak to both of you about. I came to a shocking discovery about myself a little while ago" I couldn't help but smile a little bit. "I'm too damn old to be galivanting around as a so called spy for you. I'm sorry for that."

Celestia scoffed at my words. "You can't be that old Tim. What are you? Thirty maybe?"

"How long do ponies live Celestia?"

"Two fifty to three hundred years in most cases. For us alicorns, we are ageless." I nodded my head. I know Luna is about to be disappointed.

"Well that's the problem Princess. I'm fifty and humans live on average to be around seventy five to eighty years old and that's if something doesn't happen to me before." I was not prepared for the sadness that I could see in their eyes. "The human body can take tremendous punishment, but it also is incredibly fragile. I've pulled a muscle in my rib cage just by sneezing before."

"So....you are basically over half way through your life" Celestia stated.

"In a ways, yes. As I said, if nothing happens and I take care of myself, I have about thirty years or so left." Celestia had a strange look in her eyes when she glanced Luna's way.' I wonder what that is all about' I asked myself. "Was there anything else Celestia?"

"Yes there is. Our scientists have found a way to enchant a ring with Luna's spell so that she doesn't have to cast it every day and if you wish to be invisible, just take it off" she replied handing or I should say hoofing me the ring. I stared at it a moment before looking back at them.

"Thank you both for this" I said to her. The smile I got in return was as bright as her sun.

"Your welcome Tim. We're happy we could help you." When I looked at Luna, I could definitely tell something was bothering her.

"What's wrong Luna?" The weak smile I got from her didn't do anything to take away the unease I felt.

"Nothing is wrong Tim. I am tired is all. Twas a long night." One thing I had gotten good at was reading people and I've been around her long enough to know she was lying to me, but I wasn't going to call her on it at the moment. A sudden question hit me about the ring.

"Celestia? When I want to be invisible what do I do with the ring?"

"Oh! Sorry, I forgot about that part Tim. When you take it off flip it around and put it back on. It will turn invisible as well and when you wish to be visible just take it off and flip it back."

"Thank you both for this."

"Tis not a problem Tim" Luna said with a smile.

"Thank you both again for this. If that's all, I'll see you both at dinner." When I got confirming nods from both of them I took my leave. While I walked away, I decided I needed to take some time and figure out my feelings and what I should do about Luna. There was no question that she has developed feelings for me from the way she reacted and the emotions showed during our discussion.

As I walked, I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't pay attention to my surroundings and ended up in a secluded part of the gardens I had found in my time here. It was a tranquil and quiet spot that was surrounded by night lilys. The only problem is, I wasn't alone. A certain dark colored princess was currently laying down with her eyes closed and a frown upon her muzzle. She hadn't noticed me and I believe that for us to work around our feelings we needed to talk.

I made my way over to Luna and say down in front of her. So lost in her thought as she was, she still hadn't noticed me until I had gently placed the palm of my right hand against her cheek. When I did her eyes snapped open and looked up to mine. Surprise crossed her beautiful features before she spoke.

"I..I had no idea that somepony else knew of my sanctuary."

"I didn't know this was your private area Luna. I found it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was a perfect spot to gather my wits when I needed to. If you want me to leave I will."

"N..no that is not necessary Tim. Please stay. I believe we have a few things to talk about."

Author's Note:

Yeah, sorry about the wait. 12-16 hour work days for the last month doesn't give much time for me to work on chapters. Hopefully this made sense because I worked on it when I could. Anyways back to the grind for me and the next chapter is when these two get into the nitty gritty of their feelings for each other