• Published 13th Aug 2017
  • 2,601 Views, 21 Comments

Spike's Dilemma - Creativa-Artly01



Spike is starting to learn the hard way that the ponies don't treat him better than any slave. What will he do, leave them behind or stay with them and endure more abuse?

  • ...
31
 21
 2,601

Chapter 2

As Twilight runs through town, she is joined by Rarity. "Have you seen Spike?" she asks concerned.

"No, but I have a feeling where he went," replies Twilight. "When I told him he was a slave, he just ran off and is likely heading for the Dragon Lands."

"Oh no!" replies Rarity. "Let me come with you!" Twilight nods. She knows Rarity is the only one who can talk sense back into him right now.

Meanwhile in the Dragon Lands, Spike is greeted into dragon society with a smile by Ember, who makes him her dragon lord, making her the dragon lordess. "I'm glad you decided to rejoin your own kind," says Ember to Spike with a smile on her face.

"I'm glad that dragons are more accepting than ponies," replies Spike smiling back.

He then grabs Embers claws as she takes to the sky, him dangling below her, before landing on the opposite ledge near a lava pit, where she and Spike dive in together, laughing as their heads pop up from under the lava. "This is fun!" exclaims Spike.

"You're going to love being a part of dragon society!" replies Ember with a giggle. "There's so much you don't know. I'll show you it all, don't you worry!"

After swimming in the crackling, warm lava for several hours, Spike grabs Ember's claws once again and they take back to the sky. A few minutes later, the two touch down on a cliff, where they watch meteors fly by overhead. "The meteors are beautiful, do they fly overhead often?" asks Spike.

"Yeah, every hundred years or so," replies Ember with a smile. The two then go silent and get back to watching the meteors for hours on end.

Meanwhile, Twilight and Rarity continue their trek to the Dragon Lands, arriving on its border by the time the sun sets. They then encamp there for the night. The next morning, however, they feel themselves being carried off by two well built dragon guards to the thrones of Spike and Ember and then are dropped down before the two.

"Spike!" says Rarity, "What is going on? Why are you doing this to us? Why'd you leave?" She's begging at this point.

"I left because you treat me like a slave, I'm sorry, but this is for the best," replies Spike forcing the tears from filling his eyes. "Besides, I can't leave now since I'm one of the rulers here now alongside Ember."

"But Spike," cries Rarity, "we miss you. I miss you." Spike's eyes then fill with tears. Maybe he made the wrong decision after all. Now, he has no idea what to do. He needs some time to think.