• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 436 Views, 3 Comments

Relative of Apple Annie: Greatest Sharpshooter in Equestria - Creativa-Artly01



While doing some research on her family, Applejack stumbles across the name Apple Annie and immediately wants to know more.

  • ...
 3
 436

Chapter 5

The next day as she's bucking apples, Applejack can't help but think about her great aunt Apple Annie Oak Tree.

"What ya thinking about, big sis?" asks Apple Bloom.

"Great aunt Apple Annie and her legacy as a sharpshooter and what that means for us," replies Applejack.

"Yeah, Apple Annie, from what Granny has told me, was the most famous member of our family ever, but she oft forgets to leave out that our great aunt came from nothing into a life of fame," adds Big Mac. He then bucks another tree and Applejack does the same.

After a long day of apple bucking, the three siblings go to Goldy's to learn more about their great aunt Apple Annie Oak Tree. Goldy gladly tells them everything like she did for Applejack a day after Applejack first learned about Apple Annie. Goldy even takes all three of them back to Apple Annie's grave stone. As before, Applejack bursts into tears, but unlike last time, Big Mac and Apple Bloom do the same. After a few minutes, they leave the cemetery. They then return to Goldy's and learn so much more about their great aunt.

Three hours later, the siblings return home to the smell of hot pancakes. They then sit down to eat with Granny Smith and Granpear. The five happily chat and laugh and tell stories as they eat dinner. A few minutes into dinner, though, the talk about Apple Annie is brought up by the Apple siblings. Granny Smith then agrees to tell them all about the other half of the story that Goldy never got around to telling them. After five hours, Applejack, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom know absolutely everything about their great aunt: the amazing sharpshooter, Apple Annie.

"Why never tell us about her before? We had to go talk to Goldy just to get the stories." Asks Applejack.

"Because, after her death, sharpshooting was retired as a sport and we weren't allowed to really talk about it or her anymore," replies Granny Smith.

"I, I had no idea," replies Applejack. "Is that why the book about her was hidden in the dust of the top shelf?" Granny Smith nods.

"Yes," replies Granny, "but I'm guessing you managed to get it down and read it." Applejack nods.

"Yep," responds Applejack.

"Well, the truth about her being our relative is now in newspapers all across Equestria because you pulled off her trick, so, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about her earlier," sighs Granny.

"It's fine, Granny," replies Applejack as she gets up and goes over and hugs her grandmother. "You did what you thought was best for us, but now that the truth is out, it's going to stay out for a long while and we just have to live with that now."

"Speaking of which, Celestia and Luna want you to come and perform your great aunt's special trick for them," responds Granny Smith.

Applejack nods. "Gladly, I'll do anything to please the princesses. I'll head out first thing tomorrow morning, thanks." Applejack kisses her grandmother on the head then heads upstairs to pack. A few minutes later, the rest of the family retire to their rooms for the night and within an hour, every member is fast asleep, thinking about Apple Annie as they sleep with the exception of Granpear.