• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 436 Views, 3 Comments

Relative of Apple Annie: Greatest Sharpshooter in Equestria - Creativa-Artly01



While doing some research on her family, Applejack stumbles across the name Apple Annie and immediately wants to know more.

  • ...
 3
 436

Chapter 1

One day after a long day of work, Applejack decides to dig deeper into her family history. She goes to the shelf and pulls down a book with an old leather cover with an apple and a pistol carved into the cover. She then begins to read. "Back before movies and comic books, all of Equestria was entertained by a single mare, a mare named Apple Annie Oak Tree. She was a sharpshooter by trade and the ponies loved it, including the princesses. Apple Annie would travel all across Equestria performing her sharpshooting stunts. Her favorite trick was the tri-lasso duel pistol apple shoot extravaganza. It was also her most popular and beloved trick. Her home, though, was far from fancy and fringe. It was a simple country farm called Apple Hill. She lived there with her four sisters and her brother. Her parents had died not long after her brother was born, so Annie was the head of the house."

"Huh?" says Applejack, "that's weird. There's not much about Apple Annie in here, just her time as a sharpshooter. I wonder if Goldy would know more about her. I'll go and ask her in the morning."

The next morning, Applejack goes to Goldy Delicious's. As soon as Goldy hears the knock on the door, she opens it and lets Applejack in. "What family member do ya wanna know about now?" asks Goldy.

"Can you tell me about Apple Annie Oak Tree?" asks Applejack.

"Your famous great aunt Apple Annie, sure," replies Goldy with a smile. She then sits Applejack down, pours her some apple crisp tea, and then begins to tell her the story of Apple Annie's life. "Your great aunt Apple Annie Oak Tree was born to my brother, your uncle Grant Oak Tree and his wife Morning Mist Oak Tree one rainy summer day on August 13th, 1860. When she was fifteen years old, she took her younger sisters and brother with her to watch her compete against Franklin Flankler, a visiting sharpshooter. Your great aunt ended up beating him. A few days after that, she was approached by Buffalo Billiard, leader of the Buffalo Billiard Wild West Show, and was asked by him to join to which she agreed as long as she could take her sisters and brother with her, to which Buffalo, the old coot, agreed. Within the following weeks, Annie became a star, great, if not greater, than Franklin. On her second show with the show, she did her famous tri-lasso duel pistol apple shoot extravaganza, which was beloved by all the beholders and soon became a staple of her act every show. She then went on to travel the world and got medals from Saddle Arabia, Trottingham, and even Caballara. Soon, she was a star. Business ponies began to make posters, dolls, t-shirts, lunch boxes, cider mugs, and so much more with her image on them. Your great aunt Apple Annie loved all the fame, until Franklin moved away to join a rival show: Buck Tooth Billiard's. When he left, that destroyed your great aunt. She continued to show, though, because she knew the ponies loved her. She sucked it up and smiled on despite her heart being broken. Luckily for her, that heart ache only lasted two years because within two years, the two shows reunited and became one show once again. A week after it started back, the two married. They then showed together for thirty more years up until your great aunt's death."

"Please tell me more," begs Applejack.

"Come back tomorrow and I will, sweetie, it's just time for my nap," replies Goldy. Applejack nods, thanks Goldy for the information on her great aunt, and then heads on her way. She's just glad to know that she's related to a sharpshooter. After all, it just proves how much fire and flare is in her blood. She can't wait to see if she can pull of her great aunt's trick at the next rodeo. Maybe, just maybe, she'll pull it off no hitches attached.

Author's Note:

Apple Annie Oak Tree=Annie Oakley
Buffalo Billiard=Buffalo Bill
Franklin Flankler=Frank Butler
Buck Tooth Billiard=Pawny Bill