• Published 9th Aug 2017
  • 3,193 Views, 16 Comments

Natural Emotions - MetalJrock



Starlight ponders her feelings for Sunset as time passes.

  • ...
9
 16
 3,193

Spring Blossom

Well, the past few months have been a little crazy. With the new year coming, I thought I probably should use this journal at some point. Especially considering what happened the last time I tried to bottle up my emotions.

I thought being Twilight Sparkle's student and learning about friendship was difficult and ridiculous enough. I had to make amends with Sunburst years after we separated, befriended Trixie, and bonded with the ponies I once called my enemies. And I had to help stop Queen Chrysalis and the changelings when they sought to rule Equestria. After that, I thought that was it. Twilight thought that I was ready to graduate from being her student.

But then I met Sunset Shimmer last Spring, and I felt like there was more to learn about friendship once I got back to Equestria.


Season 1: Spring Blossom

The magic mirror began to glow, signaling the arrival of someone from the other world. The glass began to ripple and from the frame came Starlight Glimmer, landing on her stomach, realizing that she was now back in Equestria. The unicorn groaned, rubbing the side of her aching head, "I'm never going to get used to that." she grumbled, getting back on her hooves.

"...Hello?" she called out, her voice echoing across the room, "...Twilight? Spike?" she said, hoping to get a response.

"Starlight?" called out another voice, closer than she had expected. The door to the room opened, and stepping forth was a lavender alicorn, a proud smile on her face. "Oh, there you are." she greeted, hugging her student. She had been for a few days in the Mirror World while Twilight was out solving a Friendship problem.

Starlight returned the embrace, "Yeah, it's been a crazy couple days." she sighed.

Twilight giggled and let go, "From what Sunset wrote to me, it seemed that way. But I'm glad to see you're alright."

"You have no idea..." exhaled the unicorn, recalling the events that occurred when she first arrived. At least she and Sunset were willing to give Juniper Montage a second chance like what they received to stone for their mistakes.

It was a simple gesture, and she was glad to see Sunset pay the kindness she was given over to another who needed it.

Nodding in agreement, Starlight looked around, "Is the magic book here by any chance?" she wondered.

"Hm? Yeah, it is. Why?"

The unicorn shook her head, "Just c-curious. I-If you need me, I'll be outside." she said before trotting away at a good pace. Twilight put a hoof to her muzzle, noticing her student's response. But she chose to let it go for the moment.


The smell of fresh air pleased Starlight's nostrils, noticing the slow but sure growth of plant life. Even though Winter Wrap-Up occurred only a few weeks ago, it took a while for her to readjust to the warm climate. Even then, the other world felt comfortable too based on her time. She lowered her head, noticing the rose growing on the grass next to daisies.

The ever growing scent of the Spring weather and the plants brought Starlight's mind back to Sunset. She wasn't really sure why, but she just assumed it to be the rose or perhaps the mood of the day reminding her of the other world already. She didn't want this train of thought to stop though, considering that she felt at peace and her lips twitched into a smile.

Unfortunately for her, something did end it, "Hey, Starlight!"

The voice prompted the unicorn to jump, snapping her out of her mind for a moment. Turning around, she saw a purple dragon, another friend, "Oh, hi, Spike." she greeted with a sigh.

"Nice day, huh?" Spike wondered.

Starlight nodded, "That it is." she paused, her mind dawning back to the plants that led to her previous thoughts, "Oh, by the way... You've been to the other world right?" Spike nodded at that, "Do you like Sunset Shimmer?"

The dragon raised a brow and shrugged, "I don't know what she said to you, but Sunset's pretty cool now. Why?"

"...N-No reason. I think so too." Starlight was ready to facehoof herself, noticing Spike's apprehension at her comment.

Shaking his head, Spike replied, "...Okay? Anyway, you wanna head inside and play a board game? I managed to pick it up while we were away." he suggested.

Starlight smiled, "I'd love too. Be there in a minute." she answered, seeing her friend walk inside. That left the unicorn to her own devices and her eyes looked to the sky, "What the heck?" she groaned, womdering if what she was feeling was normal.

With a sharp inhale she stepped inside, choosing to think it over next time she visited Sunset. After all, she had a game to win right now.