• Published 12th Aug 2017
  • 1,067 Views, 22 Comments

Terror in Equestria 8: A New Threat - StormLuna



A thousand years have passed since the Dark Goddess Twilight Sparkle reclaimed the world as her own but when an ancient sect of ponies are discovered in the Everfree Forest, Twilight's reign could be brought to an end.

  • ...
6
 22
 1,067

The Cleansing of Twilight Sparkle

White Magick's Preparations

After what turned out to be a relatively quick battle, the least bloody battle in Ponyville's history, King White Magick and his forces prevailed. With his victory, the king now had some major decisions to make. He wondered if he should take Equestria for himself and give his subjects a much larger realm in which to live or if he should allow some high level official from one of the big cities to take over. Before he could make any decisions on that though, he knew he had to cleanse Twilight of the evil that had corrupted her for thousands of years.

He and his son walked over to Twilight who was screaming in a fury, "You haven't seen the last of me! When your dark goddess breaks free she will kill you, she will kill all of you!"

Given that she was completely covered in ooze, immobilized and unable to use her magic, her captors couldn't help but chuckle. White Magick asked, "Oh and how are you going to break free? You are covered in ooze and you can't use your magic."

Again Twilight began screaming that she would break free, return to power and slaughter all who stood in her way. White Magick knew what had to be done but knew that he could not do this right away. He knew that to access the most powerful of the white magic that resided within him, that he would likely need a decent meal and a few hours of meditation.

White Magick began to walk away from the screaming dark goddess and his son asked, "Father, where are you going? Aren't you going to remove the evil from her?"

White Magick replied, "Son, we just fought a battle. For me to do what I need to do I need a decent meal and I need to do some meditating to unleash the most pure form of my magic."

White Magick looked around wondering where he would get a decent meal. He knew that the chances of getting a meal at the restaurant were likely zero, he knew the chances of it even being open were remote so he headed to the one place where he knew a good meal could be had, Twilight's tower. As he headed in he began to wander around, attempting to find the dining hall.

Once he found and entered the dining hall, he was immediately greeted by the chef. The chef immediately began screaming at him and calling for Twilight to come and punish the intruder. It did not take long for White Magick to realize he had to stop this. He grabbed the chef in his aura and calmly said, "Listen, Twilight is no longer in power. I am King White Magick and I am your ruler now."

The chef looked at the white Alicorn who stood in front of him and realized that he was not joking. He bowed and asked, "Is there anything I can get for you your Majesty?"

White Magick replied, "Yes, I would like a hay steak, some hay fries and a pitcher of cider."

Again the chef bowed and said, "Of course your Majesty."

While White Magick was waiting for his meal, he began to go into a trance as he was gathering the energy of Twilight's tower to get a good feel for exactly what kind of energy would be needed to free her of the evil that she had been corrupted with. It would not be long until his meal was brought to him. When the chef arrived White Magick said, "Thank you kindly."

The chef replied, "Of course your Majesty."

Even while he was eating his meal, he continued to pick up on the energies of everything in the tower, including the food he was consuming. The longer he stayed in the tower and the more he ate, the more he realized that this would take a lot more meditation than he ever imagined. Once he finished his meal he knew that there was one other place he had to go, Twilight's sleeping chambers.

After his lunch he began to wander around the tower and knew that Twilight's chambers would likely be on the second or even the third level. He headed up the stairs and suddenly felt himself being guided by something. Eventually he found Twilight's sleeping chambers and as he headed in, he got a case of the shivers, much worse than he had when Twilight first saw him heading towards Ponyville.

The first thing he felt himself drawn to was the jade Alicorn. He analyzed it closely and could tell that it had not only been used by Twilight. Soon he began to see images from the past, images of LaurFa using it, Twilight taking control of it, images of Colgate altering it to where she would use it and then images of Twilight retaking control of it. The next thing he decided to do was lay down on Twilight's bed.

When he did this he truly began to realize how long Twilight had been corrupted. He said to himself, "Over 5,000 years of corruption, this is going to require a whiter form of energy than I thought and it will take much longer to do this."

He sat up and went into another trance, building up his energy for what would be the most difficult cleansing of his life. Even in the ancient days, he rarely had to cleanse ponies or other creatures of evil but it had been nearly 10 millennia since he had done a cleansing so all he could do is hope that his abilities were still as strong as they were back then.

The Cleansing of Twilight Sparkle

After three hours he believed that he had built up enough energy and cleared his mind enough to do this. He headed to the balcony and took off in the direction where Twilight and his army was. When he landed in front of the belligerent dark goddess his son gave him a strange look and asked, "Father, are you alright? You were gone for so long."

White Magick led his son away from Twilight for a moment and said, "Son, this is going to be far harder and require a lot more energy that I ever imagined."

Blue Star asked, "Her corruption is that bad?"

White Magick replied, "Yes, it is. She has been corrupted for over 5,000 years and from the energy I picked up on, it was two very evil individuals who corrupted her but I am pretty sure that I can do this."

His son nodded and the two headed over to where Twilight had been immobilized. White Magick began, "Twilight Sparkle, I know you have been corrupted for over 5,000 years and you have punished many ponies unjustly. I know you have slaughtered some ponies, banished many to the void and have been responsible for ruling over the world with an iron hoof but today, that shall come to an end."

Twilight began to laugh, "Oh and what makes you think you can put an end to what I do? Don't you know that the Dark Goddess Twilight Sparkle is the most powerful pony in the universe? Don't you know that you can't do anything to a pony more powerful than you?"

White Magick began to stare intently into Twilight's eyes and asked, "Twilight Sparkle, do you not wish to be free of this evil? Do you not wish to be your own pony again?"

Twilight spit in his face and sneered, "Your Dark Goddess is her own pony and don't you dare challenge her. When I break free I'll kill you! You shall wind up on my dinner plate and I will feast on your flesh like I did with Dark Goddess Cadence and Flash Sentry!"

White Magick decided that the time to do this had finally arrived. His eyes began to shine a bright white, he began to glow a bright white and his cutie mark began to shine a bright blue as he stared straight into the soul of Twilight, causing her to be unable to speak and she could not even blink her eyes. In her soul he saw all the events of her past. He saw her days as Celestia's protege, her time in Ponyville as a unicorn, her ascension, her being corrupted by Queen Chrysalis and King Sombra, her enslavement of the ponies of Fillydelphia, her stealing LaurFa's energy, her banishing LaurFa to the void, her taking of the jade Alicorn, her global conquest, her being banished to the sun, her return from the sun, her being unmade by Brevity, her return to this world, her defense of Ponyville against Cadence, her victory over Colgate and most recently, her banishing Celestia, Pinkie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash to the void. After this he knew exactly what kind of energy that would be needed.

His horn began to glow a bright white and he began to recite one of the most ancient spells known to ponykind, one that he never shared with LaurFa, one that only he knew, the rite of absolute cleansing,

"Oh mighty Creator, this pony has been corrupted my much evil and hate,
In her past she was a sweet, caring mare and ahead of her was a wonderful fate
The darkness that took her has her imprisoned like a beast in a crate
This pony must be freed and be allowed to start with a clean slate.

Oh mighty Creator help me free this pony from the curse that has her in its poisonous hold,
Allow the evil that has imprisoned her to become a thing of old,
Those who cast these chains on her were very bold
But the poison of their spells has left her alone in the cold.

Oh mighty Creator, this evil can no longer stay, it must be forced to flee
For many millennia has this pony been chained like a dog to a tree
And those days can no longer be
The time has come for this pony to finally be FREE!"

As he finished reciting the rite of absolute cleansing, a massive amount of black, green and dark lavender energy shot out of her body and she began to decrease in size. As the energy left her, the spell she had cast on her black tower was broken and the suddenly rusted out tower began to collapse.

White Magick kept his gaze on Twilight to make sure the evil was completely purged but his son and army saw three ponies rushing out of the collapsing tower, Queen Galaxia, King Cosmos and Iron Skillet, the royal chef. They also saw something fall out of Twilight's chambers, the jade Alicorn and the golden plate it sat in. It landed on the ground and one final thing happened to free Twilight, the top of the tower fell on the ancient relic and shattered it and the golden plate, forever destroying the great green eye. When this happened, the ooze melted away from her and a bolt of reddish-white energy shot skywards out of Twilight's horn.

Once the energy shot out of Twilight's horn, White Magick knew that he could finally release his hold on her. It took her a moment but she finally came to, shook her head and opened her eyes as a freed pony for the first time in over five millennia.

White Magick gave her a smile and said, "Feel the light of being a free pony Princess Twilight."

Twilight looked around and asked, "What do you mean being a free pony?"

Before White Magick could say anything, a bright white light opened up by the base of the ruins of the black tower and out of it came Princess Celestia, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis. When he saw who had been released from the void he yelled, "Chrysalis and Sombra, cover them in ooze now!"

Almost immediately the two were covered in ooze and were subdued. White Magick knew that the two would have to be cleansed but freeing Twilight from her corruption had taken a huge toll on him. Blue Star saw a nervous look on his father's face and asked, "Father, what is wrong? Do you not think that you can free those two?"

White Magick replied, "Actually son, I know I can, it is just a matter of when. Freeing Twilight took a lot of energy from me and I am going to need to meditate and grab a bite to eat." He looked at the rubble that was once a black tower and sighed, "Well forget about a royal meal. I'll just have to hope that despite there having been a battle earlier today, that the local cafe is open."

White Magick headed off to see if he could find someplace to eat. He knew that if no where was open, that he would need to head to the forest and eat whatever he could find. What truly mattered to him though was that after over 5,000 years, that Princess Twilight had finally been restored to her former self.