• Published 26th Jul 2017
  • 777 Views, 18 Comments

Fixing the balance - BRITICAL-HIT



two worlds connected by a shrouded past will once again come together as three British teens are accidentally transported to equestria and transformed. As otherworldly beings try to fix the balance, one way or another..

  • ...
2
 18
 777

Chapter 4; fitting in

The journey to town proved to be a long one, despite it being in view throughout the whole journey. The group was once again silent, but unlike the forest with no end in sight, they had a goal, and morale. Made was taking in the scenery, or what little of it there was and Ivan continued to attempt flying. While time consuming, he could now maintain flight for about 12 seconds, an achievement that gave him a smile for the first time since setting off for this world.

However, Theo was in thought, again. Ivan was used to this, but was upset because this was the main cause for the lack of conversation. Made was neutral, as speaking to Theo usually led to arguments. Theo was deep in thought, and looked a bit sad. Made sighed and lightly tapped his shoulder.

"You good Theo?" She asked." You look a bit, well, sad."

Theo looked at Made, and sighed." Do you wanna know?" After a short delay, made nodded. Theo just sighed again." I.. I was thinking. About my dad. What if I never see him again?

Made put her hoof on his shoulder to comfort him." I feel you man, well, Colt, horse, whatever the fuck you are." She said, getting a snigger from Ivan, but Theo remained silent." Look, I hate to admit it, but you seem to be the brains of the group. Ironic coming from the nerd, but I know that you will find a way to get us back."

"You have that much faith in me?" He asked, his face looking up at her.

"Well, if you don't, I'll break your legs." Ivan added, making Theo laugh. Made sighed.

"Look, I don't usually do, well, feelings. But I know your dad will be fine."

"You don't know him! He's the kind of person who would put the toaster in the microwave in hopes it would make toast faster!" Theo said. Ivan took this as a joke and laughed, but Theo's expression said otherwise.

"I did, that once." Ivan said sarcastically." Don't worry, my tongue only burned for the first 17 minutes." Theo laughed.

"Dude, your parents must've killed you." He sniggered.

"Nah, I'm an orphan. They let me get away with murder." Ivan said." Never met my folks, the services could never find them."

"My parents are never around." Made added." Always away either on a foreign bank thingy or whatever it is they do. I don't really care. What about you Theo? Just you and your dad? No mom?"

Theo sighed." No, just me and my dad. Always has been for as long as I can remember. I asked my dad about her once, but that's all I know about her."

"What did he say?" Ivan asked.

"She was beautiful, magical even. She had this glow to her that my dad can see in me, even in the midst of puberty. She had this way to make anyone open up about almost anything. She, ahem, shined like the sun." This last bit the group sniggered at." I always wanted to meet her, even once. I wanted to see how alike we were." The group was silent until Ivan spoke out.

"Dude, that was deep." He said." What was her name?

"Dunno." Theo answered." Dad never told me for some reason."

"You know, not to sound scripted or anything, but I hope you get you wish." Made said. This ended a long silence as the group headed into town.

-0-0-0-0-0-

Eventually, Theo, Made and Ivan arrived at the town, Ponyville. It was a nice place, mostly made up of several small houses and several stalls running through the entire town. Several ponies moved from shop-to-shop, some sitting in café's. Theo looked over to Ivan to see his face in sheer terror. He could barely handle one pony, let alone several.

"Dude, you good." Theo asked, Ivan turned to him.

"I can't take it, there's too many, I'm going back." Ivan said, turning to leave. That was until made hit him in a leg joint and made him fall." Bitch, don't do that."

"Ivan, just act natural, let Theo do most of the talking and stay close." She responded, ignoring his 'bitch' comment. Theo walked down the path with his two friends in toe.

"Who do I talk to?" He asked.

"Anyone, but be quick about it." Made said." Ivan looks like he's gonna blow." Theo looked around for someone to speak to, and chose the pink pony walking towards them.

"Excuse me, have you got a minute?" He asked. The pony he asked looked as if she was gonna burst, but for the opposite reason Ivan.

"Hi there, I've never seen you before. Are you new? You must be new!" She said extremely quick.

"Woah there, slow down." Theo said, he barely understood half of what she said. The pony calmed down, but was still extremely exited.

"I'm pinkie pie, who are you, and you and you?" She asked, her speech now understandable.

"I'm Theo, the other one is Ivan and the other other one is Made." He said as he gestured to his two friends. Made waved, Ivan nodded.

"Well it's nice to.. Wait, you have weird names." She said. Ivan was triggered, but Theo continued.

"We get that a lot. Hey, can I ask for a favour." He asked." We are looking for some jobs for while we are here, do you think you could help?"

"Okie-doki-loki." She said, pulling a list from her main and quickly scanning it.

"Did she just pull that from.." Made started.

"There's a position in the ponyville weather ponies up for grabs, the demo ponies need somepony to increase their numbers and there's a waiter position going at sugar cube corner, where I work.." She told them, interrupting Made.

"Weather ponies? That I gotta see." Ivan said

"Demo ponies? Like demolition?" Made grinned.

"Waiter? I'm not sure.." Theo started.

"It's settled. I'll take you guys there." Pinkie said." Let's go!"

-0-0-0-0-0-

After his two friends were dropped off, Theo was taken to sugar cube corner. Before this however, he reminded them to meet him be the clock tower at 3pm. The bakery had a rustic feel to it, being also part cafe. The exterior looked like it was made of food, yet was clearly a building. He and Pinkie walked inside to be greeted by two other ponies in bakers attire.

"Hey mr and mrs cake, here's the waiter you needed." She said to them with a smile. A look of relief appeared on their faces.

"Thank Celestia!" Mrs cake blurted out first. She had a coat similar to that of Made, yet her hair was reminiscent of icing. Theo wondered who this 'Celestia' was however, but kept it to himself.

"So how is this gonna play out?" He asked." Interview?"

"Well, not exactly." Mr cake said. He had a yellow-ish coat with ginger hair covered by a bakers hat." Our policy is a trial run."

"Wait, what?" Theo asked, confused.

"We believe that actions speak louder than words, so you do your job as if it was your first day. If you do good enough, it's yours." Mrs cake said. This extended version Theo understood.

"When do I start?" He asked her.

"Well, it's near 12 now, so I'd say from now until 2." She suggested." We can discuss payment and other info afterwards.. Wait, we may need your name."

"I'm Theo." He said, starting his work. There was a lack of a particular comment after saying his name.

-0-0-0-0-0-

"That is the single weirdest name I've heard in my life."

Ivan was being interviewed for his new job, and his instructor was leaving no stone unturned. Ivan had managed to keep himself together despite his constant internal screaming. His instructor had a coat of brown and black hair curled up into a bun. She seemed only a few years older than him, yet spoke to him as if he was a child.

"Says the one called.. Wait.. What was your name again?" Ivan tried to insult her, but couldn't remember her name.

"It's Shade Storm, please remember in future." She moaned. She was gonna make a comment on his memory, but returned to her questions." What is the longest you can maintain flight?"

"I can successfully maintain flight for 15 seconds, but I am.." Ivan tried to explain, until he was interrupted by Shade in the midst of a laughing fit.

"15.. Seconds.. I know kids that that can fly for longer than that!" She said in the midst of her laughing, barely able to talk.

Hey, don't judge! I've only been flying for a couple of days." He explained, getting a confused look from his boss." Please don't question that. Point being I'm a quick study and very.. Well."

"Talkative? Annoying?" She asked, sarcastically.

"Loyal. I know how to take orders." He said. Shade growled out of confusion.

"Gaaahh, I gotta call a favour, be right back." She said, exiting the room

This left Ivan alone in the room. Alone with a bowl of mints on the desk. He ate one, and then stuffed several more in his wings and closed them. A few minutes later, Shade walked back into the room.

"Well, I've got good news for you." She said, looking a bit smug." I have called in a friend to help you increase your flying abilities, and fix your accommodation problem." Ivan couldn't help but have a bit of a smile to him. He managed to get the job and a place to stay. His two main goals.

"When do I start?" He asked.

"Thunderlane's shift doesn't start until 4, so your free until then." It seemed that Ivan hit the jackpot. He got the job! But he wondered who this 'thunderlane' person was.

"So your Ivan." A Colt said to him as he exited the room. He looked the same age as Ivan, having a black coat with white-ish hair sticking upwards.

"Your Thunderlane then?" Ivan asked him. He nodded, allowingIvan a sigh of relief. This was the first guy he met in this world, not including Theo." Good, nice meeting you."

"I've been told you need help improving your flying abilities." Thunderlane said." Your lucky I've been training my kid brother lately."

Ivan repeated the same question he asked Shade." When do we start?"

"Straight to the point? It ain't an office mate." He responded." But honestly, I will give you a few pointers now then meet you by the clock tower at 3:30. Got that?"

"Kay." Ivan was glad to finally get to grips with flying. He and Thunderlane were walking off to start practicing.

"So, give me one then." Thunderlane demanded. Ivan looked confused.

"Give you a what?" He asked. Thunderlane shook his head.

"Nobody goes into Shade's office without taking a tonne of mints, so give me one." Ivan laughed lightly, spreading out his wing to reveal a few mints, allowing his new friend to take one. For the first time since getting here, Ivan's internal screaming had stopped.

-0-0-0-0-0-

Made was stood face to face with a group of three other ponies. Two male and one woman. Made wasn't much for being social, but knew how to speak for herself.

"You lot the demo ponies then?" She asked, although the hard-hats and safety jackets gave away the answer.

"What's it to you miss?" A slightly younger Colt asked her. His attitude gave a deep look from the older looking one.

"Mortar, what have i told you about talking to strangers like that?" The older one said, glaring at the kid." Sorry about my kid brother, he's always like that with strangers.. Did Pinkie send ya?"

"Yeah, names Made." She said. She awaited the obvious 'weird name' comment.

"Nice to meet you Made, I'm Brick." He said. His coat was red like Theo's, yet brighter." We've been needing backup since half our group was transferred to trottingham."

"Is she any good though?" The mare of the group asked." She doesn't look like much."

"Neither do you Titana." Brick responded." Besides, she has the mark for it." He gestured towards the mark on her rump.

"And she is here and can be spoken to directly." Made snarled, getting the groups attention." Do I have the job or not?" Brick looked over at Titana, who sighed in return.

"We ain't exactly got a choice in the matter, do we?" Titana said. Brick was extremely exited.

"Yeeaahh, welcome to the demo's. We build stuff, we break stuff." Brick blurted out. Made stayed back, slightly scared by the guys sheer enthusiasm. She found herself by Mortar.

"Is he always like this?" She asked him.

"Only when your new guys." He responded through embarrassment.