• Published 22nd Jul 2017
  • 461 Views, 3 Comments

Lost - Hazel_Hester777



Request by dragon whisper 243. An old friend of Sunset's comes to visit

  • ...
 3
 461

Memories

Sunset Shimmer roamed the nearby forest to get some fresh air into her lungs. She wanted to play around for a while before she went home. Her parents let her be on the condition she didn’t stray too far and come back in a few minutes.

She knew she could’ve just gone and played with the other fillies and colts, but she wasn’t the type to be social. She spent most of her time indoors, reading books and practicing her magic. Overtime, she grew strong with such power. She was smart, but she lacked friends.

A small snap nearby drew her attention. The young filly crept over to where it came from. She was surprised to see what she had found.

It was a Unicorn colt, just about her age. He had a black mane and tail. His skin was orange and his eyes were chocolate brown. He didn’t have a cutie mark. He seemed to be rather bruised up and hurt.

For a moment, Sunset watched as the colt looked around his surroundings. He seemed to be rather confused and waiting for something. His ears then perked up as he walked around further. He then started to make his way over to where Sunset was. She hid under the bush. But watched, rather intrigued. He kept making his way over to her before they were literally face-to-face.

At first, she was expecting some violent reaction or something. But she was surprised when he raised his little hooves and felt at her face, as though looking for something. She just let him.

“You’re…just like me” the colt finally spoke, a small smile growing on his face.

She was feeling rather awkward, but shook it off she gave a small smile of her own. “Yeah, I guess I am”

“I knew I wasn’t the only one!” he laughed.

Sunset giggled at him. “I’m Sunset Shimmer, what’s your name?”

“My name is Uni”

“Oh, nice to meet you, Uni”

________________________________________

Sunset began to meet up with Uni in the forest almost every time she was let out to play. Her parents were happy to hear she made a new friend, but were curious as to why they lived in the forest. Sunset and Uni played most of the time. Sunset talked about her life with her family while Uni talked about life with dragons.

She found that Uni once lived with ponies before as he was one himself, but his parents were killed in an accident and he found by a dragon that found him, took him in, and raised him as their own. The only downside was that he never made any real friends since he lived with another species.

Uni soon learned to use magic himself. It took some strain and practice, but he soon was finally able to do it. He was surprised he was able to use it. Sunset was happy to see how he was when he realized he could use magic afterall.

One day, Sunset came to play with Uni again, but she was surprised at what she saw. Uni was crying as he lay beside a giant dragon, which was fatally injured. They were around fifteen feet high and ten feet tall. They had red and black scales as well as enormous wings. It had scars and cuts all over its body, and was badly burnt as well.

When Uni saw Sunset, he began to sob more. Sunset could only guess that this dragon was the one that adopted Uni. She went over and checked the dragon to see if there was anything she could do. But the wounds proved fatal and it would die in any second.

The dragon then saw Sunset and smiled at her. “You…must be Sunset…”

She was slightly afraid, but she nodded.

“Uni…told me…you were…nice…”

“Mom, please…please don’t die” Uni sobbed as he hugged the dragon by the arm.

“It’s alright, my child…you’ll…be alright…”

The dragon then looked back at Sunset, moving its other arm weakly to her. She then pulled her gently as she joined the hooves of Uni and Sunset together.

“Take care of him for me…okay?”

She tearfully nodded, feeling both the sorrow and pain of both Uni and this dragon. She watched on, as the female dragon took her last breath and closed her eyes forever. Uni then sobbed as he cried even louder now that his own mother was gone. Sunset did her best to try and comfort him as she kept herself from crying as well.

Where do I go from here?

________________________________________

Sunset took a while to help Uni bury his mother among the Dragon Lands. He mourned for a long time. But Sunset knew he was too young to live alone. She brought him over to her own family and she had to explain everything. They decided to adopt Uni so he could have a family to live with.

He took a while to mourn before he started acting like himself again. He was found to be a very fun-loving colt for his age. Sunset enjoyed his company as he began to adapt to life amongst ponies again.

One day, Sunset was sent to Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. She had to pass an entrance exam, but she did it with flying colors. Uni came along too, with the same results. It wasn’t that much of a surprise due to how it was Sunset who taught Uni to use his magic. He took small steps, but he was soon in sync with her own magic. Celestia was even so amazed at their gift and advancement that she had made them her very own personal protégés at the school. Their parents were proud of them, and they were happy to be going together.

They mostly kept to each other, always staying together. When it came to group works, they worked together. In individual tasks, they checked each other. It helped a lot. They were the talk of the school due to how they seem to always be in sync with each other. In fact, other students thought that they were twins, despite the difference in looks.

At one point, Sunset noticed that Uni had this tendency to go into the woods alone. At first, she thought that he was probably just visiting his dragon mother and let it be. But soon enough, he went more frequently, and he started coming home later and later and later.

Sunset sometimes asked Uni what he was doing out there, but all he would say is that he was ‘talking with his new friend’. She didn’t mind it as it was a healthy sign, but she grew lonely as he soon stopped playing with her. In fact, he started to gain an attitude for any bullies who hurt them at school. It was fine at first, but it soon grew violent. He then started to be rather hostile to almost everyone else. The only exception was Sunset. Their parents grew worried as well due to his changes.

Sunset grew more and more worried about Uni with each passing day as he grew up with attitude. She soon followed him into the forest one time to see just what was going on. The path was the same as the one going to where they buried the dragon mother, but it strayed at the last meter. She followed closely and was surprised at what she saw.

Uni stood infront of a huge figure. This figure was triangular in shape. He was color yellow throughout on his triangle form. He had black arms and legs. He wore a black bowtie and top hat. He had one eye.

“How was school today?” the creature asked.

“It was fine, I guess. Some kids were giving us the look again and scurried off, such cowards” Uni spoke with a grimace.

“I see, and your little Sun friend?”

“She’s been great”

“Good to know, and how’s your power?”

Uni looked around for something to practice on. He then rested his eyes on a dead log that would be heavy to fillies and colts that carried it. He then started to rest his magic on it. Sunset knew the color of his magic was scarlet red, but this time, it turned cold blue. He then caused the log to stand up, and then retake root in the soil, before becoming an alive tree again.

The figure clapped. “Getting better each day”

“Yeah, and the white Alicorn Celestia? She hasn’t even seen half of what I can do. I just wish I could do the same thing to Sunset. She and I would be powerful and unbeatable if we worked together”

Bill seemed to stay silent for a bit before he finally spoke up. “What do you wish to be when you grow up?”

“I want to be great and powerful, and have Sunset by my side, with the same power as me!”

“Well, you can see right now, Uni, that you are both just so young. This wish you want, it’s too hard for even me to grant as your current age. It takes a lot of skill and practice. But if you strive hard enough, one day, you will get her to join you. And your vision will come true”

Uni smiled as he hugged Bill. “As always, you know just how to make me feel better, Bill”

“Why, of course”

Sunset flinched at what she saw seeing. So that was how Uni was changing. This Bill character was what was causing him to be so hostile. She had to get away before she could be spotted. Unfortunately, she stepped on a twig.

Uni and Bill looked at her direction, but she ducked just in time. “Who’s there?”

She couldn’t hide anymore as she bolt for it. They tried to catch up with as she ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She did her best to dodge anything that would cause her to trip and fall as well as keep running. Her lungs were burning, and her legs ached, but she had to get away.

She soon neared the clearing which would lead back to where her parents were, but she was caught in a scarlet red aura and levitated up in the air. She flailed around in a desperate attempt to escape, but it was all in vain. She was soon brought to face the creature called Bill Cipher.

“I see your little friend here actually followed you” he spoke.

“Sunset, you were spying on me?” Uni asked.

“Well…” she played around with her hooves for a bit. “I worried about you”

“Bill, let her go, please”

“I’m sorry about this, Uni, but it must be done” Bill spoke up. He then faced Sunset as he enveloped her in a scarlet red glow. She struggled against it, but to no avail. The magic soon reached her own mind.

Uni watched for a bit, trying his best to not get scared, but Sunset soon fell into deep sleep from the magic. He then called out. “Bill, stop! Can’t there be an alternative to this? I don’t want her to get hurt!”

Bill looked at him, before speaking for a bit. “Very well. I’ll let here live, but she’ll lose memory of what she saw back here. She’ll gain some of your own attitude in the process, but she’ll be alive nonetheless. Do we have a deal?”

Bill’s hand glowed blue as he reached it out to Uni. The colt thought for a bit before nodding as he shook hands with him. Bill then continued on to Sunset. He reached into her mind and altered her attitude slightly. He took away the memory of what she saw today. He then put her back down, still unconscious.

“She’ll awake in a while”

“Thank you, Bill”

Bill then turned into mist as he reentered Uni via the mind. Uni himself then used his strength to carry Sunset back home.

Sunset hadn’t been the same since the incident in the woods. She gained some hostility towards others, even worse than Uni’s really, if we’re being completely honest. She was strong as ever in her magic. Celestia began to grow concerned when she noticed the changes in both protégés.

One day, Sunset’s parents had decided Uni could be the influence of why their daughter was acting up. They had Uni sent away to an orphanage for his own good. They had no choice but to forbid the filly from seeing him as well.