• Published 22nd Jul 2017
  • 461 Views, 3 Comments

Lost - Hazel_Hester777



Request by dragon whisper 243. An old friend of Sunset's comes to visit

  • ...
 3
 461

When Things Get Serious

The next week was quite a disappointment for some of the girls. They barely acted like themselves since the day that Fluttershy came in with a bracelet from Uni. They pretended to be fine the best they could, but the boy himself knew something was wrong.

Rainbow was pushing herself too much on the field that it sometimes scared the kids. Pinkie wasn’t so enthusiastic as ever, but did her best to hide it. Rarity didn’t feel so awkward going out alone anymore since she barely paid attention. Applejack just hid it well by helping her sister but she just cried on the inside.

Uni himself grew worried about them. He hated to see that they were not acting well. He thought they were sick. Fluttershy was worried too. Sure, she was happy, but she still cared enough to know that her friends weren’t being themselves. Sunset was worried as well when she noticed.

It went on for quite a while until Sunset had arranged a meeting with them. They did their best to come over. She let Uni got out and play at an arcade game station nearby since she didn’t want him to be around when they talked.

“Okay, I suppose you’re wondering why I have gathered you all here today” she called their attention after they all took a seat.

They all nodded.

“Well, in case any of you haven’t noticed, you haven’t been acting like yourselves for the past couple of days. Now, we have tried to settle this and find out why back at school, but it looks like we need to have a one-on-one talk with each of you. I want you to be honest and say whatever is bothering you”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, mom” Rainbow groaned.

Sunset interviewed each of the girls one by one to see how they were acting. It was quite hard just trying to get even the tiniest bit of information out of them. Luckily, she had some help. Since Fluttershy was still normal, she assigned the yellow girl to keep an eye on three girls while she talks to one. She was happy to oblige. She even made tea to try and help calm their nerves, especially since they were in her house.

“Pinkie, come on! Just tell me what’s going on so I can help you!” Sunset whined as the pink girl refused to answer her questions but kept trying to change the topic.

“Well, I’m sorry bit I aint coughing up anything! Make me all you want, I’m not spilling the beans!” she huffed in her chair.

“Pinkie, please! I want to help you! We want to help you, and the rest of the girls! Just tell me what’s going on, please”

“Oh, please, as if the same girl who stole him from me is going to give him up without a fight...”

Sunset perked up at that. “What?”

“Yeah…I guess I shouldn’t have been too surprised with her kindness and gentleness, and cute face, but that barely made any sense since if I remember correctly, she was scared of him the first couple of times…”

“Wait, are you talking about Fluttershy?”

“Who else?”

“And who is this boy you’re talking about?” she knew Pinkie had a tendency to slip her tongue without knowing it.

“Uni, and he even gave her a bracelet!”

Sunset was surprised to hear that. She put two and two together from how they were all acting, and finally got it. Uni was closer to Fluttershy than he was now with the others, and they had a crush on him. They were all just jealous.

“Thanks, Pinkie” Sunset thanked the pink girl before she ran off to meet with the rest of the group.

“And then he just gave her a bracelet…” Pinkie rambled on without noticing that the orange girl she was talking to had left to the other room, until she came back to bring her along.

________________________________________

For the past few minutes, Rainbow, Applejack, and Rarity just sat in the living room on the couches. Rainbow fell asleep at one point and went on until she was awoken by Rarity, due to ‘being rude’. They were all just hoping that none of them spilled the beans and told Sunset what was going on. It would be a little hard for that in each of their cases. Rainbow does anything if challenged or if her ego was fluffed up. Rarity could lose temper or be flattered. Applejack can’t lie.

“Hey girls, gather around” Sunset called to them as she entered the living room with Pinkie. They all groaned, but got up immediately.

Rainbow then suddenly perked up when she noticed something. “Hang on, where’s Fluttershy?”

“She went back into the kitchen to make more tea” Applejack spoke up. “You were asleep”

“Anyway, I finally found why you were all acting so strange lately”

They all looked nervous suddenly before they began to check on each other. Each had a suspicious look given to the other. They kept saying to each other who didn’t do it and who did, but they all just were stuck. They then eyed the last one who entered the room to be interviewed. Pinkie just shrugged nervously.

Sunset sighed. “It doesn’t matter. What matters is I found this out about all of you: You’re all jealous”

Rainbow blew a raspberry. “Jealous? Me? As if!”

“It’s true. You’re all just jealous of Fluttershy because she seemed to be closer to Uni than the rest of you. You’re jealous because he cared so much about her that it made you feel threatened. And don’t think that I don’t know you each have a thing for him”

All their faces turned a bright shade of red. Rarity then spoke up. “Wouldn’t you feel the same way if somebody you have a crush on is interested in somebody else?”

“That’s not the point! The point is that Uni has made a close connection to Fluttershy…”

“A close connection?! She’s his girlfriend!” Pinkie pointed out.

“Okay, fine! She’s become his girlfriend, and you all didn’t get to have that. But that doesn’t mean that you should let it get to you. Uni can love whoever he loves, and he loves Fluttershy. All you can do now is accept it and move on”

“Easy for you to say”

Sunset mostly regretted what she had said. She herself felt some affection for Uni, but she hid it so much that it wasn’t as obvious as the others. She feared it ruin her own friendship with him. But Sunset knew that Uni would tell him if he ever got a girlfriend due to their old bond. It most likely that he and Fluttershy were just as close as them. But if he did like her, she knew she would have to just support him and hope she enjoys him as much as she could’ve.

“And sandwiches are ready!” a familiar soft voice called out as she entered the room with a plate of sandwiches. “I’m sorry it took so long”

Pinkie marched up and took the plate of sandwiches from her hands, taking one and eating it in one bite before throwing the rest. Rarity was quick to catch it, reprimanding the pink girl for being so rude.

Fluttershy immediately felt frightened. “Oh, I’m sorry if you didn’t like cucumber, Pinkie. That’s okay; I’ll go and see if I have some cookies…”

She turned to leave again when the pink girl stopped her. “Oh no, don’t think you’re fooling me this time”

“Um, I’m sorry?” she was confused.

“You should be sorry!”

“Pinkie, stop” Sunset tried.

“Don’t think you can get away this time, Animal girl. I know what you did”

“Um, what?” she was getting really scared now.

“Stop pretending to be innocent! I know you what you did! It wasn’t that hard to find out!”

“Pinkie, what are you saying?” Sunset and the others were now getting confused.

“We could’ve gotten a chance to tell Uni how we felt, if she didn’t call in her little friends from the shelter to stop it!” she then pulled out a camera from her hair. “And I got it all right here!”

________________________________________

Soarin, get a hold of your brother!” Spitfire ordered the boy. She was having a hard time just keeping all of the younger members under control. Apparently, someone mixed up the drinks between the energy drinks for the older member and the vitamin water for the younger ones. Now, there were hyperactive kids everywhere.

I’m trying! They’re all so fast on their feet!”

Ditzy, keep them on the bench! I need all hands on deck! Where’s Rainbow Dash?!”

The rest of the crew was already getting scared from how angry their main Captain was getting. If this kept up, they were surely going to be an outlet for her anger later on.

Spitfire then felt something tug on her pants. She looked down and saw a dog tugging on her. She tried to get it off, but to no avail. It bit hard, as though trying to pull her along with it. It soon let go, but she watched as it looked at something under the bleachers nearby. She went over to see what it was and saw Rainbow Dash with Uni.

Rainbow Dash!” she called to her, causing both of them to look at her. “Get your butt over here! There’s too many members and too little of us! You can date your boyfriend later!”

The blue girl sighed before nodding. “I’ll be over there!”

As Spitfire left to head back to the team, the dog left as well in the opposite direction. It headed back to the gates of the field and to a yellow girl with a backpack.

Did you do it?” she asked.

The dog barked with a smile.

Good boy. Thank you, Jack” Fluttershy pet him before giving him a few doggy biscuits.

________________________________________

Screams were heard inside the Gym room when the lights turned off. In the darkness, a small figure ran around, grabbing balloons in its mouth before making a fast sprint to the door. It then turned the lights back on before sprinting again.

Here, Venus, come here” Fluttershy called to it as it ran up to her by the staircase. She caught the kitten as it jumped into her arms. She then took the balloons out of her mouth before tying them to the rail of the staircase and running off before she herself got caught.

Thank you, Venus. There’s extra cream for you tonight”

Meow!” the kitten purred happily in response.

________________________________________

Fluttershy held her finger out as a bird flew back to her. She had watched the whole thing go down at the fountain and was rather ashamed about that.

Did you have to poop on her, Cody?”

The bird just tweeted in response.

Oh well. A promise is a promise, here you go” she then handed him a handful of sunflower seeds and nuts as they went to the viewing area.

________________________________________

Fluttershy readied one of the dogs of the rescue she was assigned to. By chance she spotted Applejack and Uni and knew she was about to confess too. She positioned the dog towards Applejack.

Okay, Sparky, I know you’re not supposed to do this, but please just this once. Please?” she begged the dog.

The dog barked, wagging its tail before dipping its head in preparation. Fluttershy guessed it meant yes. She then let her go when the time was perfect, covering her eyes when Applejack got knocked down. Sparky then ran around for a bit before returning.

Fluttershy pet her head. “Thank you, Sparky. I got these for you”

She then handed the dog a handful of treats, which was eaten.

________________________________________

“How do you even know where she was going to be?” Rainbow asked, surprised at the footage that was all played.

“I just had a feeling, called Pinkie Sense”

Sunset’s jaw nearly dropped. “Fluttershy, is this true?”

The yellow girl looked rather frightened. The look of someone caught in the act was right on her face. She fidgeted with the bracelet as she backed into a corner.

“Admit it: Guilty is written all over your face”

The scared girl then looked down before she closed her eyes. At first, Sunset thought she was about to cry or something from the pressure of being accused, but she didn’t. Something in the corner of her eye was caught. The bracelet on the caretaker’s hand began to glow a scarlet red on the band with the butterfly turning blue as she fidgeted with it. Then, the wearer herself slowly opened her eyes, revealing they had now also turned a scarlet red from their natural cerulean.

“What the?!”

They didn’t get to react when a huge spark of light suddenly arrived in the room. They all covered their eyes to avoid the brightness. Only when it was gone did they re-open them. They were surprised to see who it was.

It was Uni, and he was surrounded by a scarlet red glow. A cold blue glow was emitting from his hands. His eyes turned bright blue as well to suit it.

“Master” Fluttershy spoke up, her voice gone monotone. “They found me out”

“Wait, Master?!” Sunset was frightened as much as the others.

“I’m sorry”

“It’s okay, you did your best” Uni spoke to her, his voice gone deep.

Author's Note:

Sometimes we surprise ourselves, or rather...each other!