• Published 25th Jun 2017
  • 2,408 Views, 43 Comments

The Change in Our Wind - Sapphire Harmony

  • ...
2
 43
 2,408

Chapter 6 - Reunion

She can't do this.

Dash flew behind Twilight after Wave Chill gave his signal to go. The security guards let them in, and Dash could only give the one guard from earlier a smug look as they both passed through. That look quickly went away when she finally saw Soarin. Dash tried to think of something to say, but it was almost impossible. She could just act as if she didn't really know, but he could just play along. She could get straight to the point and tell him off, and as perfect as that sounds to her, she most likely will get too upset to even be able to hear his side of the story. She could send Twilight to talk to him first before she said anything, but Dash would look pathetic and cowardly. She didn't know what to do.

Twilight watched Dash as she tried to think of a solution, and then turned to Soarin, who didn't know she nor Dash were here. Wave Chill had come up with an excuse to get him away from the fans but without telling him about Dash. Twilight then turned back to Dash as she spoke up.

"Let's just go, I can't talk to him. This can only end in disaster," Dash said quietly as she put her head down.

"Just go and say hi."

"But what if-"

Twilight raised her hoof up to Dash. "You are not going to get any full answers until you talk to him. I promise I have your back. I'll be right behind you, okay?"

Dash nodded before cautiously walking towards Soarin. Wave Chill saw this and quickly ended whatever conversation he and Soarin were having.

"Uh... h-hey, Soarin."

Soarin's head immediately turned around and a face of shock was written across his face. He quickly looked at Twilight, then Wave Chill, then back to Dash.

"Rainbow! What are you doing in Canterlot?"

"I, uh... um..." She tried so hard to get it out. She thought she could do it, she had to! There was no turning back now. She took a deep, deep breath.

"I know about you and Blaze..."

"What?"

"I know about you and Blaze."

Soarin still couldn't understand her. He looked at her confusingly.

"I know about you and Blaze."

"Nonononono, Dash, I promise you we aren't together. We never saw each other as more than friends."

"Then why did she have her arm around you at the last press conference?"

Soarin looked at her confusingly once again before he realized what she had meant. "She was trying to defend me after Fire Streak brought up that fact that I'm dating you. He didn't say your name, so everypony began questioning me about it. Blaze tried to help by telling them to stop, and she put her arm around me while she spoke out. I swear to Celestia that you can ask anypony that was at that conference and they'll tell you the same thing. I wouldn't hurt you like that. You're way too important and special to me."

"I really want to believe you, but if you weren't dating Blaze, why didn't you send any letters lately? I know you're busy but a little heads-up would've been nice..."

Soarin looked at her puzzlingly. "What are you talking about? I thought you stopped sending letters after my letter about Fillydelphia."

"My last letter to you was my reply to your last letter to me last week."

"I sent you a letter yesterday though."

Twilight walked forward as she began to think. "Maybe the letters were lost in the mail."

Wave Chill shook his head. "It's not likely for a letter or any mail to get lost for this long when it's being delivered to a Wonderbolt. I'm guessing it's the same with the holders of the Elements of Harmony."

Dash shrugged. "Yeah, I guess it is."

Twilight shook her head. "None of this makes sense. Rainbow, are you sure you sent it?"

Dash nodded. "Of course I did, I went to the post office and they sent it to Soarin right away. I watched them do it."

"And you say you never got her letter?" Twilight turned to Soarin, who shook his head in response.

"We have a special mail-mare that takes care of that stuff when we go on tour. I check up on her every day to see if there's any mail for me."

"Who is she?"

"Airbrush," Wave Chill answered, "She's a really nice pegasus, very social but also very good at her job. She hasn't messed up once since she began to work with us, and it's been a few years too."

"Where is she?" Dash asked.

"She should be back at our hotel. The meet and greet should be over now, so we can head there."

Twilight nodded and both her and Wave Chill began to walk out of the stadium, leaving only Dash and Soarin. They both sat in silence before Soarin spoke up.

"Dash, I-"

"No, it's cool."

"No, listen to me."

"Why? I heard your side of the story, and I really want to believe you. Once we get this letter thing sorted out, I'll ask the others about it like you said."

"Dash, I love you. I know this sounds way too cliche but I don't ever want to hurt you. You mean so much to me and if I had to throw myself in front of a train to keep you safe I would. I really love you and I swear over my Wonderbolt status that I didn't cheat on you."

"Soarin, I-"

Twilight yelled from the entrance before Dash could really even begin her reply to Soarin.

"Come on, you two, we gotta go!"

Dash nodded before flying up. "Twilight's right. We should go while everypony is busy. Knowing this place, we probably don't have enough time to keep her and Wave Chill waiting."

Soarin nodded before he flew up as well. "Yeah, totally."

They both flew out of the stadium and made their way to the Canterlot Suites.

Author's Note:

Whoo! Another Chapter!

So, Rainbow Dash and Soarin finally got to talk to each other since the news, and to me, it doesn't seem as if Rainbow Dash fully believes Soarin just yet. The missing letters, however, are quite intriguing. Who or what could've possibly caused this problem? Will Dash ever believe Soarin? How will they ever fix their relationship after so much trust has fallen down the drain? More importantly, can their relationship even be fixed? Who knows...:trollestia:

Sorry that this chapter was a little late than the others. I was in New York for the first time and saw two of my favorite Broadway shows, Dear Evan Hansen and Anastasia. They were incredible, nothing I could've ever imagined. I couldn't thank my family and a friend enough for letting a dream of mine come true by taking me to see these musicals. My love for both the musicals and these great people has only grown! :pinkiehappy: