• Published 25th Jun 2017
  • 2,408 Views, 43 Comments

The Change in Our Wind - Sapphire Harmony

  • ...
2
 43
 2,408

Chapter 5 - Canterlot Part Three

Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle arrived at the Canterlot Stadium. As they both landed, Twilight turned to Dash.

"Are you sure you can get in?"

Dash nodded. "I'm a reserve. My job is to fill in for any Wonderbolt that can't fly for whatever reason, so they have to let me in. I got it under control."

"Okay, if you say so."

The two friends flew towards the Wonderbolts entrance when a security guard stopped them with his hoof.

"Sorry, this is Wonderbolts only."

Dash lowered his hoof. "Don't worry, I'm one of the top reserves, and she's with me," she motioned to Twilight.

The security guard rolled his eyes. "I haven't heard that one before," he held up a clipboard, "name?"

"Rainbow Dash."

The guard looked before shaking his head. "Sorry, your name isn't on here."

Dash rolled her eyes before taking the clipboard and looking through it.

"Can I least talk to Soarin?"

"I'm sorry, but he has a show going on. He can't have fans surround him right now."

"But I'm his marefriend, and it's really important!"

The guard laughed and took the clipboard back. "Listen here, what was it, Rainbow Dash? I don't know if you think I'm stupid or something, but I know you aren't Soarin's marefriend. That's Blaze."

Dash glared at the guard at the mention of Blaze. "Will you at least let Twilight in? She's a princess so she has a higher status than the Wonderbolts so..."

The guard shook his head. "Sorry, as much as I do appreciate everything you and your friends have done for Equestria, I can't let you in. Only Wonderbolts and the listed reserves can go in."

Dash flew closer to the guard. "Listen here... whatever your name is... I AM Soarin's marefriend, I AM going to talk to him and you ARE going to let me get through. There is nothing you can do about it."


"I CAN'T BELIEVE HE KICKED US OUT!" Dash yelled angrily as she and Twilight flew away from the stadium.

"Well, you did kinda threaten him back there and started to look like a maniac in front of everypony."

"I didn't threaten him!" Dash defended, "I just said that if he doesn't let me in, I saw a flank whooping in the near future."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "I thought you got tickets."

"I thought the reserve thing was going to work. Why didn't you get tickets?"

"Cause you could only buy them up here."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Cause you were busy yelling at the security guard. Seriously, you need to be calmer if you want to do this in the easiest way possible."

"I am calm!"

Twilight took a deep breath. "Dash, I know you really want to sort this out with Soarin, but you can't go up to him like this."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just fine," Dash pouted.

"Do you hear yourself?"

"Well, I'm sorry, Twilight, but my one chance to find out what the hay is going on just blew up in my face," Dash then folded her ears. "I'm tired of feeling like this..."

Twilight thought for a moment. That was until she realized something.

"Let's go get something to eat, then we can go back there after the show, you know, during the meet and greet?"

Dash tilted her head. "Don't you think the other fans are going to be pretty mad? Plus, I don't think Spitfire is going to let Soarin leave just because I popped out of nowhere, especially right after the whole 'Soarin and Blaze are a thing now' ordeal."

Twilight smiled. "I'm very sure that Soarin would rather talk to you other than random fans. Plus, didn't you say Spitfire and Soarin were best friends? I'm sure she's trying to get it under control too, and she wouldn't want her second in command to be distracted during the tour."

Dash rolled her eyes. "Yeah, it's not like Blaze is right there or anything," she mumbled.

Twilight looked at her with concern once again. "Let's just get something to eat. It'll pass the time."

"Okay."


After the Wonderbolt Show

Spitfire looked for Blaze almost immediately after the show. She wasn't in the showers and she wasn't outside yet. Spitfire had finally found her, talking to Soarin, who looked like extremely annoyed.

"Come on, Soar! Do you really think I wanted this all to happen? I hang on everypony, it's common Equestria knowledge!"

"What am I going to do? We all know news like this doesn't just stay in one city when it involves the Wonderbolts. All of Equestria knows, and I'm pretty sure even Dash knows! She's going to hate me forever..."

Blaze folded her ears. "I'll try to fix this, I promise! If I have to, I'll tell Dash personally that we were never a couple and we'll never be. I don't want to ruin your relationship."

Before Soarin responded, Spitfire flew over to them. "We have a ton of fans out there waiting to talk to us. Get out there NOW!" She yelled in her usual drill sergeant ways.

Blaze and Soarin both saluted her before flying off. Spitfire checked to see if there were any remaining Wonderbolts before leaving herself.


As soon as Soarin had flown in the view of all the fans, questions about Blaze started being thrown at him faster than the speed of light. He tried to explain the truth, but nobody let him. Blaze followed not long after when all the questions began to be thrown at her just as fast.

"Listen, everypony," she began, but no one heard her.

Blaze looked around for Soarin, who was lost in the crowd of screaming fans somewhere but saw a very familiar pegasus and an alicorn.

"Oh no."


"There are too many fans, Twilight. Maybe we should just go back to the castle," Dash said as she looked at the huge crowd in front of her.

"We should at least find one Wonderbolt, they could find Soarin for us," Twilight suggested as she looked around.

She then spotted a stallion in the Wonderbolts with a slightly dark coat, dark blue mane, and navy eyes and flew over.

"Excuse me, do you know where Soarin is?" she asked the Wonderbolt.

"Yeah, but I don't think I can pull him away. Most of the fans want to know more about his sudden relationship with Blaze."

"Please try, I have someone who really needs to talk to him as soon as possible."

"Who?"

Twilight nodded her head towards Dash, who was currently looking through the crowd of ponies looking for Soarin.

"Oh no. We have to wait until the meet and greet is done. Everypony here believes that he and Blaze are together, and this will most likely not end well for anypony in public."

"What do you want me to do with her, then?"

The Wonderbolt thought and looked around. "I got it! I'll get Soarin to come back in the stadium, and I'll tell security that you're with us. Don't follow close behind, that'll create suspicion."

Twilight nodded. "By the way, who are you? Sorry, I don't know many Wonderbolts."

"Oh, right. The name's Wind Chill. Princess Twilight Sparkle, right?"

"Yeah, but you can just call me Twilight. I'm not big on the whole 'your highness' act."

Wave Chill laughed before turning around. "I'll get Soarin and you get Dash. I'll signal to you when you can come to the back."

"Okay."

Twilight walked back over to Dash, who still was continuing her search for Soarin.

"I just asked Wave Chill about Soarin. He said he'll get Soarin and we'll follow shortly after so you two can talk about it away from the crowd."

Dash nodded slowly, looking anxious.

"You can do this. I'll be right there if something goes wrong."

"You're right, I can do this... right?"

"You're Rainbow Dash. The holder of the Loyalty Element! Hero of Equestria on countless terms! Fastest flyer in all of Equestria and beyond! You are the toughest pony I've ever met, and I can assure you that I have met many many many many many many many ma-" Twilight was cut off by Dash laughing.

"Okay, okay. I get it. I get it."

Twilight smiled before lightly punching her in the arm. "There's the Dash I know! You can do this. I know it!"

Dash smiled. Yeah, she can do it.

Author's Note:

I ended on a happy note for once! :pinkiegasp::derpytongue2:

Let's just hope this happy note continues on in the next chapter... :trollestia:

Thanks for reading! :pinkiehappy: