• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 1,201 Views, 29 Comments

I Don't Care - RainbowDashian



A challenge to make five unrelated, 300 word stories, with one overarching theme. Guess the theme!!!

  • ...
2
 29
 1,201

Tailoring

Sweetie Belle moved the fabric slowly away from her, allowing the sewing machine to stitch a decorative white lace onto the hem. Once she was done with the hem, she stepped back to admire her handiwork. The bottom of the dress was done. Now for the rest.

Sweetie's sister, Rarity, entered the room. "Oh, Sweetie Belle, what are you doing?" The mare asked, reflecting upon vivid memories of her younger sister's past failures at dress-making.

"I'm making a dress for that funeral of yours, Rarity!" The filly chirped. "You know, the one for that young filly."

"Oh, Sweetie Belle," Rarity said. "I already have a dress for funerals."

"But Rarity, I wanna make this dress for you!" The filly pleaded. "Can I at least try?"

Rarity sighed. "Fine, fine. But I get to choose which one I wear, deal?"

"Deal," Sweetie Belle agreed, watching her sister exit the room. Immediately, she turned around and grabbed another piece of black fabric, sewing it onto the other piece. Once she was done with this, she discovered something horrible. There wasn't any more black fabric!

Okay, Sweetie, think! The filly thought. What can you use instead of black? Oooh! Blue! Bright blue! Wait, no, it needs to be black, it's a funeral. Well, I don't care! This will be the best funeral dress ever!

Sweetie ran to the fabric shelves and grabbed a few yards of electric blue silk. She rushed back to the sewing machine and sewed it together with the lacy white fabric just right to create a top half for the dress. Once she was done, she rushed the dress to her sister.

"Oh, Sweetie, it's - it's -" Rarity said, her eyes widening, Sweetie Belle's heart quickening. "Beautiful! It's so innovative, so amazing, so completely perfect! I'll wear it!"