• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 1,195 Views, 29 Comments

I Don't Care - RainbowDashian



A challenge to make five unrelated, 300 word stories, with one overarching theme. Guess the theme!!!

  • ...
2
 29
 1,195

Raising

Luna placed a warm cloth gently upon her sister's head. "Are you sure?" The princess of the night asked. "I'm not sure it's such a good idea."

"Don't worry, Luna," Celestia rasped. "You'll do fine. Raising the sun isn't so hard. You're just not used to it."

"Are you sure you can't?" Luna asked.

"Yes, I'm sure," She replied. "I'm too sick to do it today. I'll be fine tomorrow, though." The ivory princess looked out of the open doors onto the balcony. "It's time, Luna. Don't worry. You'll do great."

Luna stepped out onto the balcony and took a deep breath. She tapped into reserves of magical ether via her horn and channeled the magic towards the the sun. Rivulets of pain shot through her head as she slowly, strenuously lifted an object 72 million times larger than the moon. A groan of pain escaped her lips as more magic shot from her horn, the glow around her horn changing into a sporadically shape changing explosion of magic.

"Luna!" Celestia wheezed from her bedroom. "You're going to hurt yourself!"

"I don't care!" Luna shouted, increasing the magic. "I need to do this!" The princess of the night reared back on her hind hooves and halted her magic. She harnessed all of the magic she could and concentrated it all into the center of her horn. Then she let it loose.

The magic shot off so fast, it broke the sonic rainboom barrier, a poly-chromatic circle emphasizing the raw power of the blast. It reached the sun in almost an instant, and, with enough force to knock Luna back into the bedroom, the sun rose into the sky.

The sun was barely visible on the horizon, a small half-circle of bright light. She had done it. She had risen the sun.

Comments ( 28 )

The theme is ponies. I win. :pinkiecrazy:

Theme is following through.

Five short stories with an over-arcing theme, and one of them involves a sandwich. If the challenge idea wasn't yours, then the person challenging you has a thing for Adventure Time.

Theme is continuing despite difficulty

Well done btw :)

Theme is, chapter titles ending in "-ing" that contain exactly 300 words.

Wow. I liked it!:pinkiehappy:

It's no small feat to string together such small chapters and still communicate the theme. Well done, good sir.:twilightsmile:

949351
Well, I was given the theme by someone who's never seen the show... And I put in the sandwich without thinking about it. :derpytongue2:

951476 How unusual.... Still, it's better than Adventure Time and has no disturbing faces, so A+ for you.

949351 Strangely enough, I haven't watched adventure time, no. Unless I watched it in the future, then sent the idea back to myself in the past through persterchum... I've been reading too much homestuck. Anyway, coincidence... I think.

956199 Well, if one diseased writer for the most inappropriate kid's show ever can come up with it, I'm sure a regular human being such as yourself can do it too.

956363 :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright: I may or may not be a diseased writer. of doom.

956377 Aye, but you're still higher on the evolutionary scale than an Adventure Time writer.

956387 I thought that guy had evolved to the next state of consciousness, where the world is made of dubstep and acid as a baseline?

956403 Mate, that's a Stone-Age throwback you speak of. Seriously, watch the show from a studious, serious point of view, particularly the episode (Ironically, the one I assumed this wonderful piece was based off of) "Five Short Graybles." It will give you brain-herpes if you try to look at it. It's such obvious stoner comedy :rainbowwild:

956412 I shall watch this monstrosity at work tomorrow. I work in a mental institution, so it'll be a short walk if I end up going over the edge because of it :pinkiecrazy:

956451 Wow, how unlikely-yet-convenient! :twilightsmile:

956461 Indeed, it's been rather advantageous for writing characters, understanding how abnormal psychology works makes for more interesting "normal" people. Though I don't work with the patients much, I do pick up on the happenings and ideologies of some of them.

956500 That must give some otherworldly vivid insight. Being able to see other layers of the mind in nonstandard states- It must be tough work, but I am totally jelly right here.

956509 Bleh, don't be. I get off lucky, since I work laundry (and deal with patients during deliveries and assorted things), but the techs on the floor are getting mandatory overtimes. Two 16 hour shifts in a row, sometimes up to four. Refusal is grounds for dismissal.

956527 I'm jealous of the depth of characterization that could be achieved after studying mental abnormalities so closely, even if you are the laundry guy. Bugger me roundly, those guys must hate life! By "in a row" do you mean one directly after the other? An entire average work week crammed into two days, and no leeway for complaint? That's inhumane... :fluttercry:

956539 Ah. Indeed, it's helping my writing a lot. Well, 16, go home, come right back, do it again. And yes, it is rather inhumane.

956546 I'll have to go check it out then, see what you've seen and all that. So, they get sent home and, in essence, pull a U-turn to come back? I think those conditions should be reported.

956572 well, they have 8 hours. 8 hour shift (Lets say from 3-11 with a one hour lunch), they get mandated till 7 am, then they have to go back in at 3 for their normal shift, where they get mandated again. And the entire state department knows. They dgaf.

956593 Ah, my heart fills with vitriol to see such a miscarriage of justice.

956601 Indeed. Anyway, I'm off to sleep. Dashian, you can delete my half of the comments if you think this clutters your section too much, with Blanks permission as well that is.

956608 G'night. Dashian, do as you please. I realize we sort of set your inbox alight, so delete if you wish.

Login or register to comment