• Published 25th Jun 2017
  • 460 Views, 1 Comments

Starlight's Quest - 21latenighter



Follow Starlight as she tries to right her ultimate wrong...

  • ...
 1
 460

The Legend

"Twilight is WHERE!!?!" Applejack screamed as she and the other mane five heard the grave news of Twilight's abduction.

"I-I tried to save her, b-but I couldn't.." Starlight said sadly as she recalled the events earlier.

"But your a pretty powerful unicorn Starlight, why couldn't you?" Rainbow asked as she scratched an itch behind her ear.

"He was an alicorn Rainbow, and he had a magic powerful enough to overtake Princess Luna too, I-I just wasn't strong enough... not that it matters now, I have don't have any magic anymore.."

"WHAT!!!" The other five screamed in unison.

"When he left, my magic went crazy and left my horn, and now I don't have any magic."

Starlight slowly walked over to a window where she looked out at the town of Ponyville. "He said that tonight was the beginning of the end for Harmony..." she said before turning around and looking back at her friends. "What if he was right, without Twilight, the Elements can't work.."

"Maybe darling," Rarity said as she comforted Starlight, "but the Elements were locked away for a thousand years and harmony still existed.."

"Yes... but this, is different.." came the voice of Princess Celestia.

The six ponies began to look around for the ruler of Equestria to find her softly gliding to the ground outside the castle.

The six friends rushed out to meet her and to hear her wisdom.

"What do you mean Princess?" Starlight asked as she and the others sat down around the ruler.

"Twilight has always been different from the other ponies, and I had always overlooked it until the events of today.." she said as she looked over the six with motherly love. "My brother spoke of the balance between harmony and chaos so often before he left, and I thought he was just struck with grief, until he told me a story..." she said before using her magic to produce a holographic image of a book.

"Long, long ago, long before the birth of Equestria, were the two... Helia the Harmonious, and Caspian the Chaotic... they fought numerous times, with the balance of power shifting between them so often that it could not be counted, until Helia was able to reason with Caspian, and together they created the Elements of Harmony and forged a balance that would hold the world in order... and so it came to pass and the two lived in harmony, until Caspian plotted to destroy the balance and rule the world. To do this he tricked Helia into entering the afterlife with him, saying that they would return when the world was driven out of balance, but Helia saw through his scheme and held him in the afterlife, for all eternity..." Celestia said as she looked to the stars.

"But I fear that even eternity, isn't forever... and thus Helia and Caspian have both returned.."

The other ponies gasped as Celestia told them of the old legend.

"What does this have to do with Twilight?" Starlight asked, confused.

"Well Starlight Glimmer, at first I was as oblivious as you, until the realization hit me, that Twilight Sparkle is the reincarnated Helia, the Harmonious.."

The ponies gasped a second time.

"That would explain why Fury would want her, but what did he mean when he talked about me??" Starlight asked, beginning to grow concerned.

"You once played a vital role Starlight, as you once held the reincarnated soul of Caspian, until you were shown compassion by Twilight. Caspian, then sensing his defeat, allowed the map to eject his soul from yours, and was able to attach to Fury's.." Celestia said as she returned her gaze to the ponies before her. "And now, the only pony who can stop him.. is Twilight.."

"How are we supposed to get to her princess?" Applejack asked as her and the mane five began to strategize.

"I'm afraid that I cannot send you five... without Twilight, you are no match for Fury, and so I will send others," Celestia said as she turned to Starlight.

"You and your friends will travel to find Fury, in which you will find your magic, and more... but beware Starlight, though you and friends fared well against Chryssalis and the changelings, Fury will be a much harder challenge, and he will push you to the very edge.. I'm afraid that is all the information I can give on him, and so I bid you farewell, and best of luck," Celestia said as she returned to the air and began to fly back to Canterlot.

"Well Starlight, I guess we'll be here if you need us," Applejack said as she and the others turned and walked into the castle.

Starlight sat alone in the street as the weight of her new mission weighed on her. She had to save Twilight from an evil alicorn that contained the soul of a god, and she had to do it without her magic.