• Published 25th Jun 2017
  • 455 Views, 1 Comments

Starlight's Quest - 21latenighter



Follow Starlight as she tries to right her ultimate wrong...

  • ...
 1
 455

The meeting

The next evening, Starlight found herself at the courthouse at dusk. She watched as the princess of the night flew regally down towards her. She landed beside Starlight with a gentle grace as she gestured for Starlight to follow.

"Good evening Starlight, does this night find you well?" Princess Luna asked as she began to stroll down the main road of Ponyville.

"Yes it does princess, but I'm wondering if why I needed a quill and scroll?" Starlight asked as she pulled out the aforementioned materials from her saddlebag.

"Yes, we asked you here for an important reason Starlight Glimmer, a way end an argument between me and my sister.."

"What? You mean you don't really need me, just another pony?" Starlight asked, hurt.

"No Starlight, it is you that I wanted, as it was you who brought me and my sister closer, and it is you who can end this argument.."

"Well, ok.. what's going on?" She asked as they passed Sugarcube Corner.

"Well, there is a pony that we're both close to, but my sister thinks he's evil, but we know better, and we wanted to show our sister from the eyes of another pony.." Luna said proudly as she looked to Starlight.

"Ok, who is it?"

"Oh.. he's our brother," Luna said with pride.

Starlight stopped dead in her tracks...

"Wait? What!?!" Starlight nearly screamed.

Luna turned around and looked at Starlight peculiarly. "Did you not know?" She asked, confused.

"I don't think any pony knows Princess!!" Starlight said.

Luna looked puzzled for a moment before continuing her path. "Well, he has been gone for a few hundred years, but nonetheless, he has returned.."

"Where and who is he?" Starlight asked as she caught up to Luna.

"His name is Fury Flight, and he is meeting us at the bridge on the edge of town," Luna said as she pointed with a wing to the bridge, where a cloaked pony sat alone, watching the stars above.

"Um, why are we meeting him during the night princess? Is he a bat pony or something?" Starlight asked as they came closer to the bridge.

"What? No Starlight, he is an alicorn like us... why do you ask??"

"I dunno.. I just get weird feelings when I meet ponies at night.. I just get that feeling like something bad is gonna happen to me ya know.." Starlight said quickly as she brought forth a forced smile.

Princess Luna began to laugh as she spoke. "Star-light, our brother is not going to hurt you... we can assure you, but we are meeting at night because he has been rather busy with our sister today, formalities and all.." she said as they reached the bridge.

The cloaked pony turned his head to look upon his new guests.

"Good evening sister, and hello Starlight Glimmer, am I right?" The pony asked in a moderately deep voice.

"H-How do you know my name?" Starlight asked.

"My dear, you do not become the student of the famed Twilight Sparkle or invited on one of my sister's private strolls without other ponies knowing your name.." he said with a small smile. "And Luna may have told me your name.."

Starlight's confusion lessened a little as she smiled back at the alicorn as he drew the cloak back. Behind the cloak were a pair of brilliant blue eyes, eyes that danced in the moonlight. His mane was spiked back and shown like fire with yellow and red Mix.

"Um, why doesn't your mane, well ya know... do that?" Starlight asked as she pointed to Luna's mane, which shimmered and moved to an absent wind.

Fury simple chuckled as he explained. "My mane does not... shimmer because unlike my sisters, I do not control a celestial body."

"If you don't control some part of the world, what do you do?" Starlight asked as she began to scribble on her scroll.

"Now I didn't say that.. I may not control the sun or moon, but I still have a part in the world.." he said as he removed the cloak completely to reveal a the rest of his body. His cutie mark shown a scale with the Elements on one side and something else on the other.

"My part in this world is balance... between chaos and harmony..."

"So your a parent to one of the Elements?" Starlight asked, confused.

"No, the Elements existed long before I was born, I am simply here to ensure neither side gets out of whack.... which brings us to you.." he said as his voice and body language changed.

"Your little debacle with time has created a major problem..."

"What, but I learned my lesson! I'll never do it again!" Starlight said squeamishly.

"Maybe you have, but there are still consequences, and the keepers of the balance are not happy... the balance has been broken, and now Harmony outweighs chaos..."

"Isn't that a good thing???" Starlight asked weakly.

"Our world is governed by a fine line of chaos and harmony, each keeping each other in check... but now, the line is severed... and harmony now reigns without equal, which is why I returned...".

"To do what???" Starlight asked, scared.

"To correct this wrong, and restore the balance... whatever it takes," he said as he turned to Luna, who had been silent the whole time, trying to comprehend what she was hearing.

"B-brother... n-no..." she said lightly as she finally realized what she had done.

"Tonight, begins Equestria's restoration to balance!" Fury growled as he used his magic to grab Princess Luna. "And the beginning of the end for Harmony..." he said before he and Princess Luna vanished.

#EAWGLate
#StoryReview