• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 3,584 Views, 19 Comments

Don’t Sit Under The Apple Tree, With Anypony Else But Me - Stormbringer



Sometimes a bad incident can lead to the greatest discovery. Applejack and Twilight find this out the hard way.

  • ...
7
 19
 3,584

ACT FIVE: Surprise Announcements

Twilight and Applejack decided that it would be fun to have all their friends over for a dinner and make the announcement officially about Apple Bloom. Twilight’s parents were going to still be in town and Twilight and Applejack were happy to have them around.

Apple Bloom insisted that she move in with her mother at the castle. It was impressed on the filly that it didn’t exempt her from her chores and responsibilities at Sweet Apple Acres.

They were afraid that it’d be a lot on Big Mac being alone with Granny. But it turned out that Cheerilee was visiting a bit more with Big Mac. And It was apparent that Big Mac and Cheerilee didn’t have the restraint Applejack and Twilight had.

Perhaps the biggest adjustment was with Apple Bloom. It was hard at first to quit calling Applejack by name or ‘sis’. Applejack told Apple Bloom that it was okay for now, but Apple Bloom wanted to call her ‘mama’.



And now Twilight and Applejack were feeling like a complete family.



It was a week later and Twilight’s parents arranged the dinner and insisted that they pay to have it catered. They asked for very little input from their daughter, but they were constantly talking with Applejack.

Twilight was starting to be suspicious, but she was glad that her parents appeared to like her marefriend so much. And they were constantly spoiling Apple Bloom, who took to calling Twilight’s parents Gram and Papa. Twilight was worried that the filly might become more than the hoof-full that she already was. But it was so heartwarming to see Twilight Velvet cuddling Apple Bloom. Apple Bloom looked as if she was in Elysium.



Twilight Velvet and Night Light had contacted all the ponies that Twilight and Applejack said that needed to be there. But just before the dinner, Twilight noticed that there were more places set than the number that she’d given her mother.



Everything was set and the guests had arrived. Twilight Velvet told the couple to wait in the library until everypony was settled and they would send for them.

Twilight was starting to smell a rat, and she was sure Fluttershy hadn’t brought any of her animal friends with her. Especially since Rarity insisted that they wear some nice new dresses and Applejack didn’t resist a bit.



“Apple-Honey,” said Twilight nuzzling AJ the way that made the Earth Pony weak. “What are you and my parents up to?”

“Twi Sugar,” said AJ, “ya know Ah can’t lie, ’specially to my one an’ only love. So please trust me.”

“My Dearest,” said Twilight, “I trust you with my life.”



The two kissed and were getting really into it.



“You know,” said a voice, “I could watch this all evening. But I don’t have any popcorn and there’s a room full of ponies waiting for you. Apple Bloom is in the hall waiting as well.”

The two looked and saw it was Rainbow Dash.



“Shall we, My Love?” asked Twilight to her marefriend.

“We shall, Sugar,” Replied AJ.

The two followed Rainbow to the formal dining room. Outside, Apple Bloom was waiting in a nice dress as well. The filly looked like she wasn’t too comfortable.



Rainbow opened the door and revealed all their and Apple Bloom’s friends. The local Apples including Granny and Big Mac with Cheerilee. Along with AB’s new friends’ parents, the Riches and the Spoons. Many ponies from the town, and most surprisingly Shining Armor, Cadence and Flurry Heart as well as Princesses Celestia and Luna.

All stood and applauded the three ponies who entered. Twilight’s parents motioned them to sit at a head table with the family and the Princesses.



As they all sat, Twilight Velvet announced that there was some good news to share, but they wanted to wait until the meal was finished.

Twilight the Younger kept noticing how ponies would look their way and whisper. Most notably; Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash.

Eventually the meal finished, and Twilight Velvet stood to address the ponies:



“Family and friends, thank you for coming everypony. Twilight and Applejack have some fantastic news to share with us before the dessert is brought out.



Applejack?”



AJ and Twilight stood.

“Everypony, Ah’m sure some of ya’ve heard by now that Ah’d been keeping a secret. But now we need to share.” AJ reached out to Apple Bloom and had her stand as well. “For those of y’all who ain’t heard yet. Ah’ve finally admitted that Apple Bloom ain’t my sister (some mumbling from ponies that hadn’t heard). Ah need to let everypony know that Ah’m proud to announce that Apple Bloom is the best daughter Ah could ever ask fer.”

There was cheering and AJ and Twilight shared hugs and kisses with Apple Bloom. Then when the commotion settled AJ continued:

“Now Ah’ve got two matters to clear up an’ both are gonna be a surprise to the ponies involved.” Applejack turned and faced Apple Bloom. “Sugar Cube, this is gonna come as a shock, but yer name ain’t Apple Bloom.”

Apple Bloom had a confused look.

“Apple Bloom was more of a nickname that stuck. You need to know that yer name is actually Apple Blossom.”

“Apple Blossom?” said Apple Bloom not knowing what to say. AJ just nodded her head.



“The next surprise is because Ah’ve admitted now to havin’ a daughter Ah’m in a situation that Ah’d never thought Ah’d be in a’fore.

Ah’ve always thought a mother needs all the help that she can get raisin’ a young’en. That’s why Ah need to ask the pony Ah love the most, a ’portant question.”

AJ turned and faced Twilight.

“Twilight Sparkle, Ah love ya more than anypony ever. Ya’ve treated me with respect an’ have loved me in a way Ah didn’t know a pony could be loved.” Then AJ glanced at Rainbow, “an’ in spite of what Rainbow thinks, an’ as hard as it’s been, ya’ve maintained your promise of chastity with me. Proof of the high quality of yer love.”

“Yeah, right,” said Rainbow joking. Most ponies chuckled as Rarity gave RD a mild pop on the head, “ouch!”

“Now Ah have to ask somethin’ that’ll make us end that promise,” continued AJ.

Twilight looked puzzled. AJ reached and took Twilight’s hoof.

“Twilight, my darlin’ love. Would ya consent to helpin’ me raise my daughter an’ be my helpmate fer life (everypony was silent, Twilight noticed tears in Applejack’s eyes).

Twilight Sparkle, will ya marry me?”

Twilight Velvet levitated something in their direction, it was a diamond ring. The younger Twilight gasped.

Twilight threw herself at AJ and hugged her for all she was worth.

Yes! Oh, Faust Yes!

The ring went on the finger-like end of Twilight’s left wing and the two kissed deeply, not caring who was watching.

All applauded, cheered and most of their friends cried (even Rainbow Dash).



After Everypony settled down. Dessert was served but there were happy murmurs among everypony.

Later, everypony was mingling when Princess Celestia approached Twilight, AJ and their friends.

“Thanks a lot, Applejack,” said Celestia smiling, “do you know how much work you’ve caused now?”

Applejack looked lost.

“How’d Ah do that?”

“There’s a lot of work that goes into the planning and executing a royal wedding, not to mention the coronation of the Princess Consort.”

“Princess Consort?” exclaimed Rarity overhearing, she half seriously said, “Applejack a princess? Not fair!

Twilight! Marry me instead!”

“You’re not a mare-lover,” said Applejack.

“Twilight, to become a princess, I’ll learn to love your marehood! (The gathered friends snickered.)

Twilight, I’ll do anything you ask... Anytime you ask... And for as long as you ask!”


“Maybe I should give that a try first,” said Twilight laughing.

AJ put a foreleg around Twilight’s neck, pulled her close and poked her chest with her other forehoof.

“Listen here Missy,” said AJ smiling, looking Twilight in the eyes, “yer mine, and there ain’t nothin’ that Unicorn hussy could do fer ya that Ah couldn’t!”

“Hussy?” said Rarity feigning offence. It was hard to take her seriously with her giggling.

“You can’t blame me for trying, Darling,” said Rarity, with a seductive whip of her tail under Twilight’s chin, “keep me in mind Twilight, if Applejack doesn’t work out.”

There was a lot of laughing. Rarity hugged Applejack and kissed her cheek and congratulate her to show she was joking (for the most part). The rest of the evening went smoothly and there were a lot of well-wishers.

When everypony was starting to leave, Princess Celestia had a few quiet words alone with Twilight.



As the party was breaking up, Rarity approached the family.

“Okay everypony,” said Rarity, “since Twilight won’t come to her senses and marry me: I’m going to have to have the three of you come to Carousel Boutique for measuring’s. I’m going to have a Tartarus of a time getting three spectacular and princess worthy dresses ready.”

“We don’t know when we’re getting’ hitched yet,” said Applejack.

“That gives me more time,” said Rarity.

“That sounds nice,” said Twilight, “and I can’t wait to see the results. But you only have to make two dresses. One for My love and one for my daughter-to-be.”

“What about you,” said Rarity confused. Applejack looked lost as well.

“Princess Celestia told me she had that part covered.” Said Twilight, “and don’t take it personally Rarity. I love your work and I can’t wait to seeing my fiancée’s gown. But I guess I’ll have to wait for the wedding itself.

Bad luck you know.”

“When did ya become superstitious?” asked Applejack.

“I’m not,” said Twilight, “but something this important, I’m not going to jinx it!”

They all laughed.

“Well that gives me more time to work on Applejack’s dress,” said Rarity, then her face lit up. “And I know just the one!”

“Thanks a lot, Sweetheart!” said AJ giving Twilight a kiss. The sarcasm was palpable.

Rarity squealed:

“This is going to be so much fun!”

“Yeah, fun,” said AJ, then looking at Twilight, “maybe we should just elope.”

Rarity shot a glance at Twilight.

“I’m afraid that Princess Celestia would be disappointed,” said Twilight, “and I wouldn’t want to have to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life because Rarity is mad at us.”



Later that night, Twilight and Applejack were in bed. They were, as usual, holding the other close.

“Apple-Honey,” said Twilight quietly, “my love for you has doubled. Truly, my dreams are coming true.”

“My dreams as well, Sugar Cube,” said AJ kissing Twilight deeply.

Applejack felt Twilight trembling. Then she was surprised as Twilight jumped out of the bed.

“Where’re ya going Sugar?” said Applejack confused.

“I need to take a walk,” said Twilight. “Drink some wine or take a cold shower.”

Applejack couldn’t tell how to read the tone in Twilight’s voice.

“What’d Ah do?” said Applejack getting out of the bed and walking up to Twilight.

Twilight grabbed her fiancée and kissed a rather large and deep kiss.

“You haven’t done anything, except be the most beautiful and desirable mare in all of Equestria,” said Twilight breaking the kiss. Her hoof stroking Applejack’s soft fine coat. “I had to get out of the bed because of the mood I’m in. If I lay there holding you one more moment. I wouldn’t be able to stop myself.

I love you so much, you’re now my whole world. I couldn’t live without you. Because of that, I want you so badly. I want to kiss your whole body, I want to make love to the mare who’s the center of my life.

I love you Apple-Honey. I can never tell you how much because there are no words that would ever come close!”

There were tears in Applejack’s eyes. Never had she ever been held so high in anypony’s opinion.

“Twi Sugar,” said AJ nuzzling her love, “come back to bed. Ah know how hard it is keepin’ to our promise. Ah feel the same.

An’ Darlin’, like we said a’fore. If’n we slipped up, it’d mean both of us slipped. An’ it wouldn’t change anythin’ in our relationship.

Yes, Ah still wanna wait as long as we can. Ah can’t give ya the virginity of my body. But Ah wanna give the virginity of my heart to ya as a special gift. But if somethin’ happened an’ we couldn’t control ourselves, Ah would still be givin’ ya that special gift.

So come back to bed an’ hold me. Ah need to feel ya next to me, My Love.”

The two lay back down and embraced.

“My lovely, lovely cowpony, good night.”

“Good night my precious princess.”

Somehow the two fell asleep without consummating their love.



“Apple-Honey,” said Twilight, the next morning. AJ was getting ready to go to work. Apple Bloom had left for school. “There might be a chance that I won’t be home when you come home this evening. I have some business with the princesses while they’re still in town.”

“’Kay Darlin’,” said AJ giving a deep kiss to her love.

Twilight stood there watching as AJ trotted off toward Sweet Apple Acres. Up to her came Princesses Cadence, Luna and Celestia along with Twilight Velvet.

“Are you ready?” asked Celestia.

“I am, Celestia,” Twilight was still not comfortable calling her former teacher familiar. But it was impressed that they both are princesses and only under formal situations would she have to address her mentor formally being Celestia was the senior princess, first among equals. It was a little uncomfortable that her mother had Twilight wear her tiara.

“Then let’s go,” said Twilight Velvet, “this is going to be fun!”



Later that day, Spoiled Rich was in the back of the jewelry shop doing inventory. Her goldsmith, Karat, had been earning his pay; her stock was impressive. But her thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the bell at the door. She started to grumble to herself, she just lost count on this lot and would have to start over. To compound it, Diamond Tiara ran into the back.

“Mother!” said the filly, “you need to come out into the shop!”

“I’m busy,” said Spoiled, “have Karat handle it.”

“Trust me, mother,” said Diamond, “you’ll want to do this.”

Spoiled rolled her eyes;

‘What could be so important?’ she thought to herself.


She quickly found out.


When she emerged from the back she saw her shop was being graced by four princesses and one of the princess’ mother. There were ponies outside looking through the windows to see what was going on in the jewelry shop with the ruling princesses in there.



“Your Highnesses,” said Spoiled bowing and in shock.

“Spoiled,” said Twilight, “we’re here because you’re the mother of my future daughter’s friend.” Said Twilight graciously, “you were at the dinner so you heard, I’ll be getting married and now I need an engagement and wedding ring for my beloved.”

“Of course, Princess Twilight,” said Spoiled, actually feeling honored.

“Please Spoiled,” said Twilight blushing, “just Twilight.

However, Princess Celestia has a request to make as well.”

“Mrs. Rich,” said Celestia, “the manufacture of royal accoutrements is normally produced by smiths in Canterlot.”

Spoiled got a shiver, this sounded important and possibly a way to advance her shop and family in Canterlot High Society.

“Twilight has requested that the tiara for the Princess Consort and her daughter plus a third be made by your shop. If that is acceptable to you.”

“May I have a moment, please Your Highness?” asked Spoiled. The princess nodded.

Spoiled quickly went through the curtain that divided the sales floor from the back. Spoiled grabbed her daughter in a tight hug and was bouncing up and down.

Everypony laughed as they heard Spoiled in the backroom squealing with glee. And heard Diamond Tiara say:

“Mom, I can’t breathe!”

Spoiled made a mental note to apologize to her daughters friends for the low regard she’d held them in the past.

It wasn’t long when Spoiled came back out to the front, she had found her composure.

“It will be my honor, Your Highnesses.” Said Spoiled with a deep bow.