• Published 31st Jul 2017
  • 1,749 Views, 53 Comments

Need for Speed:Horsepower - bluekeldeo



Two Need for Speed racers trapped in Equestria. Not sure what to do since the only thing they know what to do is race, race with cars.

  • ...
4
 53
 1,749

Chapter 3: Race-time

After getting a good night's sleep, it was time. Time to go to the stadium to race the so-called, fastest pony in Equestria. Getting out bed and doing my business, I went to a room. There Twilight was with the rest of her friends along with three new ponies, giving them a wave, I walked over to the round table and noticed that the seats are just pillows. Taking a free seat I give em a face that indicates, so...what I miss.

“Who are these new ponies?”

“Arthur, I want you to meet Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo” Twilight said

“Nice to meet you all, Actually I have a question, aren’t you kids supposed to be a school?”

“It’s a weekend Arthur.” said Twilight

“Ah, whoops, my bad. Actually, second question why are you three here?”

“We heard about the race, and We really want to see Rainbow Dash win this Race.” Said Scootaloo the orange pegasus. She then grabbed a little tiny flag with Rainbow Dash’s mark on it.

“Heh, nice seems like you got a fan club Rainbow.” I said, she blushes for a second.

They then showed me a list of food of which none really sound edible. All of the food has some type of flowers that human stomach might not handle. However, one type of breakfast looks tasty. Almost on cue, the waiter arrives on the scene. All the ponies ordered their food as I ordered mine.

“You ready to race Rainbow?” I ask

“Hay yea I am” she responds filled with energy “I still can't believe that umm, what do you call it? “Car” can go fast.”

“we’ll just see on the stadium.”

After having our breakfast, of which if you really want to know what I ordered. It was a cream cheese with bread, they didn't have bagels for some reason. As we exited the building I looked over at my car and saw that although the crowd wasn't as big as before, there was still a little bit of a group most of which looked like reporters. Asking Twilight to remove the force field, I politely ask the ponies to move. Unlocking it then proceeding to enter. I started the engine, the engine then starts causing the usual satisfying sound, surprising the ponies hearing the engine bursting to life.

Rolling down the window I wonder if Rainbow would want to raise the stakes in a way. “Hey Rainbow, think you want to raise the stakes.”

“How?”

“Well how about inviting the reporters here to the race to see who wins.”

“Alright the more ponies to watch my awesomeness.” she replied, almost a little too eager.

After telling the reporters to follow us since they will have a big scoop after this whole event ends. However, I didn't notice two ponies incognito in the group, the two rich assholes. I drove it at a walking pace to the train station. Waiting for the train, I checked the status of the car with a tablet monitor, everything seemed normal. The train then arrived, after explaining the conductor about this situation we had to wait for a few minutes for a flatbed to be brought here.

Securing the car to the flatbed, we headed out to the area called Canterlot. The six ponies said that the place is mostly filled with rich ponies which angered me, I hate people or ponies in this case that just think they're so powerful all because they have money.

“Arthur?” said Twilight

“Yea, Twilight?”

“How do you feel about all this? You know, the race.”

“The same thing I feel for most of the races I’ve done, excited.”

Now arriving at Canterlot

“Well, that's our stop. Also, can you tell Rarity to come over here?”

Twilight then went on to Rarity and told her to come. “Yes, darling?”

“Umm Rarity, this might be a weird question, but I heard you're a fashionista no?” she nods “Well I have no clothing, and I'm wearing the same thing as yesterday. So can you maybe possibly make me some new clothing?” I ask with a little nervous smile

“Of course darling, besides it gives me a new challenge. I just need to take your measurements back at my boutique. Then give me a day and I'll deliver your clothes personally so I can hear your thoughts on it.”

“Wow, thanks, Rarity.”

“Are there any preferences you want?” she asks, almost levitating a quill and notepad out of nowhere

“Not really, I don't really have anything that I look for in clothing other than comfort.”

“Nothing on looks?”

“No, the reason is that I have bad taste when it comes to fashion.”

“Ahh, leave the whole looks to me, darling. I promise you'll look fabulous.”,

“Well you know fashion more than I do, so I trust you.”

The train then stopped at the station, after detaching the car off the flatbed and reactivating the car, we set off to the Canterlot stadium. As we traveled through the city I noticed that the ponies were staring this way, figures. As we got to the stadium, which was a huge place, I told Twilight to set up a finish with some sort of sensor so we can tell for sure who finished first. Once everything is set up, it was time to start the race. Not wanting to show off the true potential of the car I decided to skip all of the showoffs for now. However, something was missing...right, music. I checked the glove compart and there I found my collection of CDs. Picking out one, I inserted it in the CD player,

3..2..1..GO!

Using a quick shot of Nitrous Express at the start I see that Rainbow is ahead but only in a few inches. Shifting to 4th I started to catch up, When she looked to her side, she then speeded ahead.

Heh, I guess that’s her version of nitrous.” I thought

Shifting up, I then started to catch up to her again. Surprised to see me keeping with her she then made one final push, only this time she didn’t go ahead too much. Making one final shift I then pressed the button to the Nitrous as the exhaust left behind flames. Feeling a big rush of speed the car then pulled ahead of Rainbow. Rainbow Dash however, feeling exhausted couldn’t do anything as she just watched the vehicle pull ahead of her as they crossed the finish line.

Pulling the E-brake the car then stopped to a complete halt, it didn’t take long for Rainbow to come by after crossing the finish line.The rest of the ponies then ran up to us all in disbelief.

“How...how did you beat me.” said Rainbow panting heavily

“I’m not sure, but you were actually really fast, I’m surprised,” I said extending my arm. “Great race.” she then took the handshake, which the reporters took it as the cue to start taking photos.

“Arthur, I’m afraid we can’t celebrate now,” Twilight said

“Why?”

“Princess Celestia wants us to meet her in her palace.”

“Oh, well I guess we better get going then. Um, Rainbow?”

“Yea?” she responds still tired

“Since you’re tired out, how about I give you a lift in my ride.”

“Sweet.” she says

Opening the passenger side of the door she hops inside and sits down on the seat. Closing the door, I walked to the driver side and went back in. Opening the windows I drove it besides the 6 ponies.The reporters headed back to ponyville to probably write this event, Celestia’s castle wasn’t too far it was near the stadium anyway. Upon arriving, Rainbow broke the silence in the car.

“I really like how this car looks.”

“Really? I mean it’s OK I guess.”

“And these seats are really comfortable.”

“Yea that’s the custom racing seat of the STI.”

As I was parking the car Rainbow observed me working the car, “So, how does your car work?”

“Well it’s not as easy as it looks, it took many months to get the hand of manual drive and then there is maintaining it. I could go on to explaining it, but we don’t have time for it.” I said, parking the car

Once we both got out of the car and Twilight doing her spell we headed inside to Celestia’s castle. Her castle wasn’t too different than Twilight's just different layout and materials. When we reached the huge doors containing Celestia the two guards stopped us from entering in only for a moment. After Twilight explained to the guards what was happening they let us in. Once inside I saw that the throne room was huge, even huger than Twilight’s throne room. There I saw probably-Princess Celestia-in the throne chair waiting. Once up to her the others bowed down in respect.

“Arthur, bow,” Twilight whispered sternly, hearing this I quickly got on one knee and put my head down

“There is no need for that.” Celestia said, “I heard about our new guest, pleased to meet to meet you, Arthur.”

“How do you know my name?”

“Twilight told me about you in a letter.”

“Oh, uh, pleased to meet you too Celestia.”

“Now the reason I called you all here is that there is a report of another human in Appleloosa. And he appears to have a machine just like yours Arthur, only it’s different.”

“Different, eh? Can you maybe describe it?”

“Well the reports say it’s red with something the human says a MazdaSpeed body kit.”

“Mazdaspeed body kit?! Then it must be a Mazda RX-8 then. Do you know his name?”

“Well, the reports didn’t say what his real name is just that his nickname is Mikekirby.”

“Mikekirby?!” I yelled out loud surprising everyone. “No way, are you sure that’s his nickname?!”

“That's what the report says. Why are you so surprised?”

“Mikekirby...is the nickname of...my brother. Twilight how far away is Appleloosa.”

“Appleloosa is quite far away we have to take the train,” Twilight responded

“Then let's go then,” I said running off.

“Hold it,” Twilight said stopping me in my tracks. “I’m afraid we’ll have to wait until tomorrow, if we go now we might make it there in the middle of the night.”

“Damn it.” I said snapping my finger. “Oh well, I guess we’ll go back to ponyville. Thanks for the heads up Celestia.” I said waving off.

Walking out Twilight then ran up to me, “Is Mikekirby really your brother?”

“Yup, he too is a Need for Speed racer. I just don’t know how he got here, tis’ a mystery alright.”

Author's Note:

Sorry if any of you lost any brain cells or IQ points grammar is not my strong suit do help me by correcting my mistakes

Finally, I got this thing uploaded sorry for making you wait so long. Also, something scary happened on Thursday night. A fire broke out in the building, the damage wasn’t so bad but it was still enough to cover the entire 5th and 6th floor where I live with ashes. I’m fine just a little shaken up, and also if you guys really want to know. Mikekirby the Mikekirby is my older brother, whether you want to believe it or not he is my brother. :pinkiehappy: