• Published 31st Jul 2017
  • 1,749 Views, 53 Comments

Need for Speed:Horsepower - bluekeldeo



Two Need for Speed racers trapped in Equestria. Not sure what to do since the only thing they know what to do is race, race with cars.

  • ...
4
 53
 1,749

Chapter 2:Introduction

After a little bit of a discussion between the violet (purple, I don’t know, your choice) pony, it seems that I’m in a place called Ponyville.

“So we aren’t anyplace on Earth what you're saying.”

“Doesn't sound like anyplace I’ve heard of.”

Great.” I said in the most exaggerated tone. “Now what am I supposed to do?”

“Well you could come with me. I still have tons of questions.”

“Alright but first, I need to park my car someplace safe.”

“Your what?” she asks, raising a eyebrow.

“My...car.” I said, questioning if the inhabitants here has heard or even seen one before.

Walking towards my vehicle, I get inside and drove it towards her. “Do you know a place safe to park this thing?”

“hmm, I think I know a place to put that.” she says, motioning her hoove to follow her.

After a few seconds of roaming and tons of stares, most likely of awe or maybe even confusion seeing a weird contraption. We made it to some type of castle that appears to be made of crystals.

“You can leave that here.” she says, pointing the area to leave the vehicle.

“Right here? Out in the open?” I ask a bit concerned for the safety of my car in a place I don't even know. “I don't know, what if someone steals it or scratches it? I don't feel confident leaving this baby here.”

“hmm.” the pony says before an idea hits her. Her horn then lights up as my car is covered by what looks like some type of force field. “There that should protect it. Now come.”

Turning the car off, then proceeding to get out I see the car is surrounded by a purple aura. Locking the car I then followed the pony in the castle of some type. I take mental notes of the place, the area really is made of crystals and not a single speck isn't polished to the point that it sparkles however, there were some parts that appeared to be bitten off. We then entered a large room with a throne ahead.

“I need you to wait here for a few minutes I have to get the rest of my friends.” she says before running off.

Feeling that she might take a while I decided to go to the nearest pillar take a short nap. As my eyes opened my vision was really bad, all I can see is really blurry figures. Two figures, short and next to two vehicles, they seem like they're ponies. The two vehicles I can't make out what they are.

“Thank you for donating a ride, I really appreciate it.” the figure says before laughing along with the other one, as both the vehicles were taken away.


“WHAT THE!” I shouted, having a weird disturbing dream. The shouting disturbed the six ponies waiting in the same room.

“You alright?” said the purple pony with a concerned look on her face.

“huh, uh yeah I’m fine. Just a little shaken up thats all.” I said stretching my arms. “So these are your friends?”

“Yes.” she replied, giving them a nod to introduce themselves.

The whole introduction went just as well as any introduction really. So it turns out there names are Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, and Rainbow Dash (the one who got shot). Each pony has there own personality, Rarity, a pony with a white coat with a curled mane and tail is a fashionista who speaks in a rather formal tone. Applejack, a pony with a orange coat with a lighter shade of,blonde for the mane with a red ribbon on her tail. She speaks in southern accent of which I really like. Pinkie Pie is with a pink coat with a even pinker poofier mane is...for the lack of better words, a crazy party pony. The second she met me she was all in my face talking so fast to the point where I couldn't understand her. The only thing I can make out is something about throwing a “welcome to Ponyville” party. Fluttershy a pony with a yellow coat with a straight pink mane that she mostly uses to hide herself is well as the name suggests, shy. While she is a really polite pony, she just has trouble speaking to new people. The rest of her friends had to speak for her. Twilight Sparkle is supposedly a princess, or in otherwords the leader of the area. However, she doesn't act like how a leader would stereotypically act. You would think that the head of the area would just lock me in a dungeon straight away but, she didn't do that. Instead she just took me to the castle to get to know me a bit better and meet the rest of her friends. Rainbow Dash, is a pony with a lot of pride in herself. She claims to be the “most awesome and fastest pony in all of Equestria” but, I'm a little skeptical about that.

“So what's your name?” said Twilight.

“Well, my name is Arthur, and I'm a Need For Speed Racer.”

“A Need For Speed Racer? What's that?”

“Well it's the term that we street racers use. We set up illegal drag, sprint, even circuit races. Most of the time the cops show up to arrest us, that's when we all scramble to get away. Some get caught but some escape.”

“Hold up.” Rainbow Dash interjected “So you mean that thing you have can go fast?”

“yup.”

“how? That thing doesn't look like it can go fast at all.”

“oh believe me that car can move. If you want we can race, you did say you're the fastest pony in Equestria, no?”

“yea, I am.” she says with pride

“well you got a lot to live up to that name. Umm, Twilight?”

“yea?”

“Do you know a place perfect to drag race? Like a runway about at least six to eight miles long.”

“hmm, there is the Canterlot Stadium, that place is mostly used for races.”

“Perfect. How far away is it?”

“it's pretty far we have to go by train.”

“darn but then again, we do have to wait for your wing to heal Rainbow. Again sorry for what happened earlier.”

“it's fine, Nurse Redheart said my wing should heal completely by tomorrow anyway.”

“Tomorrow? That fast?” is the medical field in this place that well? A bullet wound would take about days if not weeks in order to heal.

“OHMYGOSH,” cried Pinkie Pie “I’ve been caught so up that I didn't set up your “Welcome to Ponyville” party!” she said before zooming off.

“Is she always like that?” I ask, they all nod. Damn, she has a lot of pent up energy.

“knowing Pinkie she should be done with your party in few seconds. So let's head there right now.” says Twilight, before we head out.

As we exited the building, we saw many ponies examining my car, two of which caught my attention. One has a brown coat and black smooth mane who wears some type of suit and tie, the pony looks like a stallion. The other one a mare, is a lighter shade of brown with a short run down mane she wears a silver necklace with a dark blue dress, her face looks like she had a failed plastic surgery. Both look like rich ponies.

“ah Twilight, we've been waiting for you. We've never seen this amazing type of machine and wanted to know if you're interested in selling it.” said the stallion, his tone sounds like a stereotypical rich person or pony in this case.

“Oh, hell, naw. They ain't thinking about buying ma’ car.” I thought with an accent. “woah woah woah hold up!” I said, running up to the car holding my hand out in a back the fuck away kind of manor “You're not going to buy ma’ car, that shit’s mine.”

“Move vile creature we have business to attend to.” said the mare, her attitude just screams bitch.

“You're not going to make any business, not with me around.”

“Twilight, can you tell this creature to move.” said the stallion

“I’m sorry Filthy Rich but, that machine is his.” said Twilight, Filthy Rich, so that's his name.

“You?! This creature owns that?!” said the mare, practically in disbelief.

“Yup, and like I said, you're not going to buy my car.”

“What a waste of a product. That machine deserves to be with a pony that can properly utilize it.” said Filthy Rich

“You really think you can use my car?! You can't even reach the pedal the chances be it. Get out!” I yelled

“Just you wait, that machine will be ours.” said Filthy Rich, before leaving

After that little event I followed the group to were Pinkie is hosting the party. Upon arriving there I was greeted with a big wave of confetti and surprises from the ponies in the building. The party itself was alright just the constant bombardment of questions were the only things that kept me from enjoying it. After things started to settle down one question hit me. Where am I going to sleep? I mean I could just sleep in the car but, I don't want my ass to go numb in the morning.

“Umm, Twilight?”

“Yea?”

“Where do you think I can sleep?”

“Well...you could sleep in my place.”

“Really? I don't know, I'm not sure if I'm worthy to sleep at your place. I mean that's a luxurious place you want me sleep in.”

“No really, it's fine.”

“Wow, thanks Twilight.”

After the party it was time to go. Following Twilight to her place, we said goodbye to others and entered the castle. As we entered the hallway a small figure poped out of one of the doors.

“Twilight, I was looking for…” the figure said before stopping when he saw me.

“ah, woops I forgot to mention Spike. Umm, Arthur this is Spike my personal assistant. Spike this is Arthur he’ll be staying with us for a while.”

“Oh Umm, pleased to meet you Arthur.” Spike said extending his claw for a handshake

“Nice to meet you too Spike.” I said returning the handshake. “So what exactly are you? ”

“I'm a dragon.” he replied.

“A dragon huh? And from the looks of it, your a young one. Well see ya.” I said before heading to the room that I’ll be staying in

“Spike.”

“Yea Twilight?”

“Prepare a letter to send to Princess Celestia.”

“Right away Twilight.” the dragon said before going to a stack of letters and grabbing a quill

He’s certainly somepony I’ve never met.” Twilight thought

Author's Note:

Again sorry if any of you lost any IQ points or braincell grammar is not my strong suit. Do help me by correcting my mistakes.

Chapter 2 is finally out, arguably I think I might of rushed a few bits in the chapter. Introductions are not my strongest points in anything. In school when I'm writing a essay I spent more time in the intro because I don't know how to start it.:pinkiesad2: