• Published 31st Jul 2017
  • 1,749 Views, 53 Comments

Need for Speed:Horsepower - bluekeldeo



Two Need for Speed racers trapped in Equestria. Not sure what to do since the only thing they know what to do is race, race with cars.

  • ...
4
 53
 1,749

Chapter 4: A familiar face

As the morning sun started to rise I had two things in my agenda; one was wait my clothes from Rarity and the other is to head for a area called Appleloosa to meet my brother Mikekirby. Doing my usual business I then received a knock on my door. Opening it I was surprised to see Twilight right there.

“Oh, Twilight. Need something?” She then hands me a newspaper.

“Ponies are talking about you ever since that article came out.” she says entering the room

“Equestrian Times: New creature beats Rainbow Dash in a race” I read outloud, closing the door behind her “And, this is a bad thing? I mean I’m not really comfortable about this whole entire “new creature” thing.” I add with air quotes

“You know you should enter this competition.”

“What competition?”

“Oh right, I didn’t tell you about it. There’s going to be a racing competition later in a few days,in the same stadium that you raced in. Unfortunately, you need a team of two.”

“Oh, well my brother too is a street racer I’m sure he’ll join in along with me, it’s been awhile since we’ve done a race together.”

At the same time a knock was heard from the front door. “Must be Rarity to deliver my clothes.” Opening the door there stood Rarity with her levitating a box.

“Ah darling, I’ve brought your fabulous clothing right here.” she said entering the room “Twilight, pleasure to meet you.”

“Hey Rarity, did you see the front page in the newspaper?” Twilight said

“No, I haven’t dear.” Rarity responded handing me the box of clothes as she takes the newspaper.

“I’ll just head to the bathroom so I can change there. See y’all in a bit.” I said entering the bathroom to get changed. Although the whole entire situation of how I got my clothing measured exactly, was a little weird and will never leave my mind.

It was a little while after we all came back from Canterlot everyone went to their own separate ways. Parking my car, Twilight doing her usual thing, I went with Rarity so I can finally get some new clothes, at least tomorrow anyway. As we got to her place which was literally as the name implied was a carousel boutique. Entering inside the place had mostly statue models, the next that happened was the weird part. She asked me to take off all my clothes, all of it. Now I really wasn’t keen on getting practically naked in front of anyone even a talking pony, especially a female just to get some measurements however, she wouldn’t take any other way to get measured. Yea, after that event I was extremely embarrassed walking back home, I won’t go too much into detail but, let’s just say...things got interesting weird when I took down my boxers.

Putting on the last piece of clothing I stepped out of the bathroom, upon getting out I checked myself out on the mirror. The clothes are really nice however, one thing grabbed my attention was the shirt, the shirt was bright blue like my Subaru. The middle of the shirt had a design that was extremely familiar to some rally car vinyls I’ve seen before. Right next to it was the words Impreza and STI.

“Rarity...did you actually make this shirt? Not only is it really comfortable and soft, it also has the Subaru Impreza STI logo on it.

“Of course darling. I was inspired when I saw those symbols on your car.”

“Yea but, it's extremely accurate to many Subaru rally car shirts I’ve seen. It’s kind-of scary of how accurate you got it. Now let’s not waste much time we need to get to Appleloosa.”

They nodded with agreement as we went off. Stepping out of the castle, checking the car, making sure no one is trying to do anything sketchy. Too my surprise, there was still a crowd near my car, along with the two bitches/riches.

“Human, we would like offer you a little proposition.” Said Filthy Rich

Oh for the love of God, for the last time I’m not letting you buy this car.”

“As we were saying human.” Filthy said, practically not even listening to what I said “We heard that you won in a race with Rainbow Dash.”

“Well yea, I mean it’s nothing to brag about, it was just a little friendly competition.”

“We heard that a human with a veh-icle just like yours has appeared in Appleloosa.” Filthy said trying to pronounce vehicle

“Yea and?” I have a feeling I know where this is going

“Well, tell that human to meet us.”

“The chances be-it, your going to ask him for his car, knowing him, I know for a fact. He’ll act the same way as I did. Also how the heck do you know that there is a new person in Equestria.”

“Word gets around when you're rich.” Spoiled Rich said with pride. God I hate rich people...ponies.

“*sigh* I’ll tell him but I’m warning you, he’ll be a bit stubborn on letting you even talk about buying it.”

With that they both left, entering the car turning it on I check the status of the car. “Woops, I forgot to change the nitrous oxide.” seeing the bottle icon on my status screen empty and the nitrous express bottle half empty. Stepping out I open the rear doors to change the bottles

“What are you doing?”said Twilight

“Changing the nitrous bottles.” I responded unattaching the bottle

“Changing the what bottles.” She said getting closer to see what I meant

“These things.” I said bring in a large blue bottle with the letters N2O in white. “What nitrous oxide does is that it gives you a momentum of boost when activated. The only problem is...these things have to be changed and it can get pretty expensive, especially if you do a lot of racing. If there was a way make these thing recharge that would be cool, and useful.”

“Hmm, I might be able with that. Can you let me have that so I can do more research on it.”

“Sure, I practically have no use for so, take it.” I said giving her the bottle.

Walking to the back trunk and opening it, I see my stash of bottle of both brands in there. The problem is if Twilight doesn’t find a way to make the bottles refill themselves, then I have a problem. Grabbing a fresh new bottle, walking back I reinstalled the new bottle back in place. Seeing how the express bottle is half empty I decided it would be best to use the rest right now. Walking back to the driver’s seat I call out to warn anypony near the exhausts to step back. Revving the car and infusing the nitrous the exhaust then started to spit out flames surprising everypony.

“So that what it does?” Twilight said “when you use the...boost, flames shoot out.”

“Well not exactly, that’s more of a side effect. How it works is more complicated than it looks.”

Using the rest of the nitrous, getting out of the car I change the bottle, giving the practically empty to twilight, it was time to move. Letting the car pull itself to the train station we met up with the rest of the gang. Waiting for the train I started to think about my brother. He was a great hero to me, he introduced me to the Subaru ever since I was a child. I don’t know why but, things took off for me and the Subaru. I don’t know why I like it, was it the color it first comes in? The boxer engine? Or was it just personal tastes. He taught me everything I need to know about handling a stick shift and a bunch of other things. The only problem is, I feel like I never got to show my brother how much I really appreciate him. Sure I did some pretty good things in return for him however, those were just return favors, not like a full on gift or something. I might be getting ahead of myself, nobody here really wants to hear my past.

The train then arrived to the station, this time it came with the flatbed already installed. Connecting the car to the flatbed we entered inside a special cart, due to Twilight’s status we got a cart all to ourselves. Entering inside the place was roomy everyone has their own bed and it seemed comfy. I know that it will take about a few hours to make it to Appleloosa so I might as well take a nap until then. Taking a free bed I lie down and close my eyes for a short slumber. I didn’t get to sleep much as a hoof woken me up from my nap. Opening my eyes I see the hoof belongs to a cyan blue pegasus.

“Huh, Rainbow? Are we there yet or, you need something?” I ask

“I-I wanted to ask you something.” she says, something about her seems unsure, insecure even.

“Well, what is it?”

“I’m just surprised you aren’t bragging. I mean anypony that beats me in a race would brag about it all day.”

“Well, I mean I really don’t like to brag about most wins. I don’t like showing off like a college kid that got a Lamborghini Murciélago for his birthday.”

“What’s a Lam-bor-ghi-ni Mur-cié-la-go?” she said

“It’s another type a car a really expensive car, most people who buy it just brag about it because they think it makes them look like they are fast when reality they have no idea how to drive it. It reminds of that one time a beat a Murciélago in a drag race, the same way that we did it.”

“Heh, really?”

“Yea, there were many things wrong with his car. One his car was stock meaning it had no upgrades to make it faster, two he was in a automatic transmission.”

“What’s that?”

“Well it kind of the way the car can hit top speed, manual; you have more control and it’s fun driving with a stick shift, which is that little knob I was using when you were in the car with me, remember?”

“Oh yea.”

“Well in automatic the car shifts gear for you which can be slower than if you were actually doing it yourself. One question though, Why did you seem a little insecure? I mean you seemed as if you had something on your mind?”

“O-oh that, um...well to tell you the truth you’re...kind of...cool.” she says with a blush

“Heh, thanks.” I say scratching behind her ear causing her moan in pleasure. “You’re not so much of a bad per-I mean pony as I thought you would be.”

“Do you mind if I sleep with you?” she says surprising me.

“Um...I...uh...am not sure, I mean I’ll leave a spot here for you to lie down.” I say scooting over to make room. I didn’t think too much of it as I went back to sleep.


Now Arriving at Appleloosa

The loudspeaker then woke me up of my slumber. As I opened my eyes I noticed that I’m snugged tightly with Rainbow, and something else that will haunt me. The girls are right there watching us.

Uh, I can explain.” I say, the girls just giggled and left. Great, they’re never gonna let me live that down. I thought, trying my best to not wake her up I try to move around but, she then grabs me somehow with her wings and pulls me in a hug. Guess my best bet is to just wake her up. “Rainbow. Wake up, we're here.”

She then starts to wake up and sees me encased in her wings, she lets go of me and starts blushing heavily. “S-sorry about that.”

“It’s fine, didn’t know you were much of a cuddler. Anyways we better get moving” I say exiting the train car, there I see the car was now off the flatbed and on the road.

Getting inside I start the car car up to heat up, stepping out I examine the area. The place seems like your typical, cowboy wild west. The area seems like a great place for offroading and such. There, I spot something, a guy talking to a pony with a bright red car. Immediately I get inside and start to go over there leaving the rest of the group behind. Once I made it over there I stopped the car and ran over to him.

“Brother! Is it really you?!”

“Yup the one and only.”

I then gave him a brotherly hug, now I know he isn’t keen on hugs but, it’s nice seeing a familiar face again “Also one thing”-I went up to his car- “what did you do to it? It looks...actually really nice.” I said, his car has a vinyl that really blends his rx8’s color. As I look closer I see the side skirt’s color beneath one of the claws is actually the same color as his car.

“Yea, it does doesn’t it? Oh that reminds me, Arthur I want you to meet Paint Streak.” He says introducing me to a unicorn with a vibrant blue coat with black mane along with a streak of the same shade of blue in the tail.

“Nice to meet you Paint Streak.” I say extending my hand for a shake.

“Nice to meet you too Arthur, I see that you also have a car just like your brother, really nice...same color as my coat a nice bright blue...hmm, I might come up with something for you.” she said examining the car.

“You really think so? I mean I’m fine with the car being like this but, I would like to change it a bit. Actually Mike Why’d you changed the car to have this vinyl?”

“Well to be perfectly honest I had to do it for the respect and reputation. You know how it is in the street racing community, you have to rice out the car with some of the stupidest vinyls and body kits in order to be praised around there.”

“Well that’s true. Anyway I have a request for you, it seems that there’s a competition in Canterlot and it needs a team of two, so why don’t we enter it together you know, brother and brother stuff.”

“I’m sorry but, I can’t do it.”

“What, why?”

“Are you not thinking straight?! Both our cars need fuel; gasoline and oil. I especially need oil and gas, this car is a rotary engine, meaning I need a good supply of oil and gas. If my car runs out of oil then that's it, poof done this car is over;retired.” he said, giving me a strict talk

“Right, I forgot about that factor.” I said, thinking about a way to solve this problem. “Actually I think I might have a way to solve that factor.” Just then the group came in.

“Arthur is this your brother?” Twilight said

“Ah, perfect timing. Two things, yes this is my brother and where do you think we can get a good supply of gasoline and oil.”

“Gasoline and oil, why?”

“Both our cars need oil and gas to move, if we run out we can’t go anywhere, and it’s especially dangerous that my car run out of oil so if you think you can get these substances quickly that would be great.” My brother said

“Well, I know there is oil and gasoline in Minotaur Island I’ll have a request sent there. The minotaurs are nice, so I think they’ll accept.”

“Perfect, so Mike think you can accept my request?” I said

“Well I have enough spare premix oil containers in my trunk to last for a while so, if this request is fulfilled then I’ll accept. Until then I really have get back to Rockport.”

“OK, well time to take the train back.” I said

“Hold it!” He said “I can’t go with you guys just yet.”

“Why?” Twilight said

“This car has a rotary engine and it requires that it goes on long roadtrips not short, it’s bad for it. Meaning it requires me to beat the hell out it. So Arthur, let’s race.”

“Wait, where are we going to race? This place doesn’t have roads to grip the tires especially for your car which is a rear-wheel drive.”

“There is a place similar to the airport in Rockport, it maybe a little dusty but it’s perfect.”

“Ok, lead the way then. Um if you girls want we both can take you to the location, three of you will go with me and three of you will go with my brother.”

“OK, just don’t get any sand on the seats.”

Twilight, Pinkie, and Applejack went with my brother, while Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Rarity went off went with me. The ride itself wasn’t too much to talk about just a few conversations here and there. As we got there he was right the area did seem similar to the airport long roadway lots of room, just the ground has more limestone than cement but, at least the tires will grip more better. We soon prepared to race the others waited at the end while we both are at the start.
Doing burnouts, we are now ready

[third person]

3...2...1...Go!

Arthur then pressed on the gas along with the nitrous oxide. He knows not to underestimate the skills his brother has since he’s been racing a lot longer than he has. Shifting to 4th gear, he is ahead by a short stretch, considering the rx8 has been known for it’s bad torque it surprised him to see the rx8 is catching up. Shifting to 5th the distance between them hasn’t changed much except the little distance Mike caught. Nevertheless, Mike is slowly but surely catching up and could pass him by a small inch any second. Shifting to 6th gear he quickly pressed the button for the big boost in speed as he started to pull ahead.

“Too soon little bro.” Mike said, pressing his nitrous button

His car then got a big boost of energy as he started to pull up behind him. Arthur was surprised to see him catch up to him, even more when the car started to get ahead of him and fast. It was up to the point of where he could see his taillights. There was nothing Arthur could do as he watched his brother cross the finish line, sure he could be one of those types of people that sideswipe their opponents but, he hates it when people do that.

[first person]

Doing a one-eighty I then went up to my brother as I rolled down my window.

“Great race man, pulled a comeback at the last second.” I said praising him

He didn’t say anything as he did a one-eighty turn and drove off to the others. Doing the same setup as we came here, we are now coming back to town.

“I can’t believe you lost.” Rainbow said

“Why? My brother is not to be underestimated, plus he’s been racing for a lot longer than I have.” I replied shifting up to second in a lower rpm

“How long?” Rainbow asked

“Hmm, about roughly 11 more years than I have, and the same applies for how long he had his car for. He knows everything about rotary engines.”

“Anything?”

“Yea, like if anyone has a problem with anything with their rotary car then my brother is the go-to guy to see.”

“You seem really passionate about your brother Arthur dear.” Rarity said jumping in the conversation

“Yea, I have a lot of feelings for him, he was the main soul reason I fell in love with this specific car.” I said

Now we have arrived at town, we didn’t stay here for too long as we only came for my brother, though Paint Streak did say she might have some type of vinyl for me in a later future. Waiting for the train i stepped out to look at our cars. They are really dusty and will need some cleaning after this. The tain then arrives, although the thing that didn’t make sense to me is that the train arrived with two flatbed already intact. How the trains know about this is beyond me but, probably Twilight had something to do with this. Putting our cars on the flatbed we now head back to Ponyville.

“Say Mike, how did you get here?” I ask him with Twilight sitting nearby

“I should say the same for you. So after calling you I did a few things in our safehouse, Mostly refueling my car. After that I opened the door and there was a weird swirling wall. I thought I had sniffed too much of the oil but after examining it. It was real. Then you can guess the rest.”

“You drove straight into it?” I added on

“Yup, I landed in a remote area, so I just drove straight and found that town. They drove me out of the town with a chase...with them throwing apple pies at me.”

“Apple...pies? Really?” I said in disbelief

“Mmhm, most weird chase I have ever been through.”

“Well the same happened to me. after hanging up I opened the door and there was a swirling wall like you said. And boom I ended up here.” I said

“Hmm, there seems to be connection between you two of how you got here.” Twilight said

“Well that’s obvious.” My brother said “Just that, we don’t know how to get back.”

“Well, the only thing we can do at this point is wait.” I said