• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 1,891 Views, 87 Comments

The Truth About Girls (Vol. 2) - TheMareWhoSaysNi



Do girls just wanna have fun? Why not try to seek for the truth behind the catchphrase?

  • ...
9
 87
 1,891

Ending Pages and New Chapters (part 3)

Pinkie Pie sighed deeply and put the last newspaper-wrapped kitchen utensil inside her cardboard box. Where was that adhesive strip roll already? It wasn’t easy for her to find the items she needed with the tears blurring her vision.

Life in Canterlot hadn’t always been easy, but she had come to appreciate it. She appreciated it so much she felt now it was where she truly belonged. The simple idea of going back to Rock Farm wrung her stomach and clenched her throat like a pliers would.

To get to her family’s house, a long trip in train was needed, then another ride on a bus until the closest village. From here, the road was hard to cross for bigger vehicles and the only solution left was walking. As a whole, the trip was two days long.

It was shorter with a car, but Pinkie Pie wondered whether she’d be able to go such a distance without having a nervous breakdown. Maybe it was best for her to let someone else do that for her… And at the same time, how was she going to transport all this traveling by train and bus? It was impossible, even for her.

When she arrived here, a few years ago, she didn’t possess as many things. Except clothes and some of her favorite plushies, most of what she had had stayed in Rock Farm, where she used to think she would go back quickly.

Back then she didn’t want to stay in Canterlot, and she would have done anything to stay in the lands of her childhood, as dreadful and deprived of fun as it was. She thought her parents didn’t love her anymore, and wanted to get rid of her.

She had been different from the rest of her family since always. At the Pies’, everything turned around boulders and rocks, and all the rest was regarded as futile. Maud was the only one understanding her, despite her character diametrically opposed to hers. It didn’t stop Pinkie Pie from loving each of her family’s members deeply, and it made her hardly accepting what she considered as a forced exile.

Back then, the Rebellious was all she had found to express her sadness and anger. The release had been dangerous, but also undoubtedly effective. When she painted the town red with Wind Wisher, she didn’t think about her pain and her fear of being abandoned, if not forgotten by her own blood.

Although it felt strange, now that she was thinking about it, she didn’t keep only negative memories of that period. Because she was very faithful to her, Wind Wisher was treating her with respect and always gave her full regard.

She especially remembered the day her and her her gang’s leader had chased down and beat the crap out of a man who had raped one of her friends. Probably her most violent memory of this short confusing past, however, it stayed engraved in her mind as the first moment when she’d felt she was useful again.

Then, of course, she had met the girls. The group formed by Applejack, Twilight, Rarity and Rainbow Dash already was solid, and had been through some ordeals which had reinforced their feelings of friendship, nonetheless, Pinkie Pie had no problems fitting in this new gang.

Immediately, they made her feel that they didn’t regard as a bad person because of her past. They always felt sorry when they evoked some things by accident… They were always here to listen to her and to comfort her. If one of them was in trouble, the others did their best to make sure they could help her.

Pinkie Pie lifted her arm and gazed at the bracelet around her wrist. The balloons representing her were shining among the other items, star, sun, thunder, diamond, apple, butterfly… How was she going to survive without the sound of their voices, their silly arguments, their laughs? Without Twilight’s nervous breakdowns, Applejack’s rustic expressions, Fluttershy’s soft voice, the dresses that Rarity created especially for them, Rainbow Dash’s show off and Sunset Shimmer’s lucidity?

They were her second family and leaving them would be an equivalent of going back in time for her. In Rock Farm, she wouldn’t have any other choice than working to earn a life, unless she could apply to the High School from the closest town, but it was something like sixty miles away from her house, and it would never feel like going to CHS, meeting her friends, displaying pride at being a Wondercolt…

Three knocks on her door made her jump. When she looked around her, Pinkie Pie realized she still was in this apartment that already had ceased to be hers, surrounded by cardboard boxes and suitcases, an adhesive strip roll in her hands.

She wiped away her tears with the back of her arm, and got up to open the door. It probably was Miss Sour to know when she could be leaving the place…

It was quite a surprise when she saw her friends on her doorstep. They all wore their CHS uniform and were smiling, which bewildered Pinkie Pie… As if they were glad they were finally getting rid of the hysterical pink-haired girl with her high-pitched voice.

“What is it for?” she asked with a small gloomy voice.

“We’re here to bring you some news which is sure to make you as happy as it makes us happy”, Twilight claimed.

Pinkie Pie shrugged and let them in. They needed to be agile to slalom between the cardboard boxes, and the apartment, already small for one only person, once the five girls inside, now looked like a poor industrial hen coop.

“What is this news? I don’t have much time, I still got all this to do…”

“Forget about your tape, Pinkie”, Rainbow Dash announced. “You’re not leaving anymore.”

“Unless the building isn’t going to be destroyed, I don’t know how could such a thing happen.”

The girls looked at each other. They really were thinking Pinkie Pie would have hit the roof seeing them here, and hadn’t expected such a cold-shouldered and distant welcome.

“We racked our brains and we found a solution to yar problems”, Applejack went on.

“A solution you can’t refuse”, Sunset Shimmer said.

“Yes”, Fluttershy finished with her usual discretion.

As if she hadn’t heard them, the teenage girl closed her latest cardboard box with the adhesive tape which, lacking a scissor, she cut with her teeth.

It wasn’t that she didn’t feel happy her friends were going out of their ways so much for her… But it was a fact, each time they arrived with a solution to offer, it was something she just couldn’t do. There was no way Rainbow Dash would use her father’s money to pay her rent until her parents were available again, no way she would settle down at Rarity’s, who had her personal habits, or in Sunset Shimmer’s guest room, whom parents had barely decided to trust her again at a hundred percent, even less at Twilight’s, whom she didn’t want to bother in her studies…

In front of her lack of enthusiasm, Rainbow Dash decided to take matters in hand. She grabbed Pinkie Pie by her wrist, and forcefully led her to the girls, so that she would listen to them.

“I got a lot of things to do yet, Dashie… It’s important.”

“This is important as well”, Fluttershy assured her. “Pinkie Promise…”

“Eeyup, Pinkie Promise and everythin’!”

“Alright… You have one minute”, Pinkie Pie sighed.

After all, it didn’t cost anything to listen. Once she would have politely refused once again, she could go back to her work.

“I’ve talked about your situation with Shining Armor”, Twilight started.

This didn’t begin well. If their solution was to make her stay at Cadence’s, Shining Armor’s fiancée, they were inflating the wrong balloon. It was as out of question as the rest had been.

“At first, we thought he could get you an arrangement with some owners so they could rent you an apartment or a room somewhere… But he had a far better idea. Something none of us has thought of, yet it was so easy, so simple… Almost right in front of us.”

“And so?” the person in question asked, already losing patience.

“He talked about you to Mr. and Mrs. Cake… It happens that above Sugarcube Corner, they have a room they wanted to rent to someone, but they agree to let you stay there for free. It has its own bathroom, and you’ll be free to use the kitchen of the tearoom as much as you want. In exchange, they’d like you to pitch in on Saturdays when the place is crowded and that from time to time, you babysit their twins.”

Indeed, the couple had two two-years-old babies, Pound and Pumpkin, and often complained about the lack of seriousness from the babysitters they hired.

Each time they had a very important order as caterers, they called Pinkie Pie for help, whether it was for deliveries, baking, or staying behind the counter. In exchange, she could plan parties in the tearoom…

This time, it had nothing in common with their other solutions. What was offered didn’t come with no conditions, as if she owed it. There was something she could do in exchange of the favor. She would be useful, not a bother. And she wouldn’t interfere with anyone’s life.

Suddenly, she felt her hair puffing again, even before she could say the least of words. So, immediately, she fell on her friends’ neck, who formed an affectionate circle around her.

“It’s the best news ever!”

She wouldn’t go back to Rock Farm. Neither now or ever. It was here, in this city, with these friends she loved so much, where she truly belonged. Everything probably wouldn’t be a bed of roses, nor games and fun, but at least, she wouldn’t be on her own. Abandoned by everyone.

Maybe outside, the sky was grey and the weather was cold, but for Pinkie Pie, sun was shining all across the world.

-----------------------------------------

Right behind Sugarcube Corner, the whole street was blocked for two hours, with Canterlot City Hall’s authorization. The street was rather narrow, but it was the only solution not to bother the good work of the tearoom, already filled with costumers on this sunny – yet cold – morning.

Applejack parked her pickup the closest to the door she could, where Pinkie Pie already was waiting for her. Behind the pretty blond girl, the rest of the group was walking. Those with a vehicle had all parked too, a little further in town. The others were straight out of the bus.

Although what was now Pinkie Pie’s former apartment was ridiculously small, the teenage girl’s cardboard boxes were many. It had to be said it was rather difficult for her to throw things away… And she had been in such a hurry to pack up that she hadn’t really taken some time to sort out things.

Ten persons wasn’t too much to carry everything fast. Applejack and Big Macintosh had already spent three hours to load the pickup, on the previous night…

The latter, getting down the vehicle, quickly glanced at his girlfriend, but he looked away when Fluttershy tried to smile at him.

By agreeing to help Pinkie Pie moving out, he knew he would be obliged to be in the same space than her. Yet, he had insisted to be here as well.

Who knew? Maybe being close to each other would have a positive impact on their relationship? He would remember how pretty he thought she was, and never willing to be antagonizing, kind and devoted to the others… Maybe by focusing on her many qualities, the ones which had made him want to give her a chance, she wouldn’t suffer too much from the comparison.

Although both had to admit this wasn’t the purpose of them being here.

And Rainbow Dash, her sleeves rolled up, was quickly to remind them this fact… Just in case they all had forgotten why they were gathered this morning.

“What about we get it started? There are many things to do and my bed is waiting for me…”

Well, Soarin’s bed, rather, since they’d decided to spend the rest of the day together, but she feared that bringing this piece of information to light would have her friends mistaking on what they were going to do. Which meant sleeping, eating and playing Gran Turismo.

“Rainbow Dash, you’re sensitivity incarnated”, Rarity replied.

“Sorry to be myself, Miss Perfection. By the way, are you really going to carry cardboard boxes dressed like that?”

Indeed, the young woman was wearing an outfit made of an emerald velvet suit, with a blue pencil skirt, an elegant lacy blouse, stockings embroidered with black roses and pumps, added with golden jewelries.

All the other movers du jour were dressed casually, if not neglect for some, even Fluttershy, and her chic of big events clashed so much with their own style they all felt as if being straight out of the gutter.

“You can’t be real!” Rarity chuckled. “I’ll help Twilight with the organization, voyons!”

“Oh, so I’m organizing?”

“Of course, you do… You’re the best for these kind of tasks.”

“I didn’t know we’ve chosen who does what in advance.”

“We didn’t choose”, Pinkie Pie assured with a smile, as if their small argument was just another entertainment.

“What if we get it started and think about this type of questions bit by bit? Pinkie Pie surely can’t wait to be settled down…”

“It is truuue! Dashie, your boyfriend’s the best!”

“Of course he’s the best”, Rainbow Dash answered, shrugging.

She grabbed the first cardboard box she saw and soon, was followed by everyone.

Maybe there was only one floor, but it was no picnic. They had to climb stairs in spiral which didn’t help them to see correctly in front of them. The first round was the hardest one, but after the second one, they all were perfectly experienced on what to do, and on who was doing what.

As it had been outlined by Rarity, quickly Twilight became the head of the operations. She was the one giving the assignments, who said where to put the boxes not to bother the flow… As for Rarity, all she did was repeating Twilight’s orders, posturing herself as the Monday morning quarterback spending more time on her manicure than surveying anything.

Anyway, her help would be essential when it would be time for Pinkie Pie to unwrap and decorate. At this moment, her flawless sense of taste would be very useful for her friend to feel good at her new home.

While she was carrying a box with “bathroom” written on it, the star of the day’s phone started to vibrate inside her jeans back pocket. She was glad Big Macintosh was coming her way to take the relay…

Especially as this call was from her parents! She could nothing else than picking up. She absolutely needed to tell them with she harassed their vocal messaging service all week long, to the extent of saturating it.

“I’ll take it downstairs”, she screamed at everyone’s attention.

On her way, she skirted Fluttershy, busy carrying plushies and pastry utensils.

Arriving in the room that was going to be her best friend’s new apartment, she was surprised to discover that every boxes were already brought up and that behind her, Soarin was carrying the very last one.

She couldn’t help but roll her eyes seeing how Zephyr was staring at Rainbow Dash’s boyfriend, when the latter wrapped an arm around her waist and pecked her forehead.

Couldn’t he see how ridiculous his behavior was? The girl he was in love with loved another boy, it was the way things were, and he needed to come to terms with it. She would never choose him.

“Well, since we have to wait for Pinkie to come back, Ah suggest us to take a short break and have a drink.”

“Good idea, AJ”, Twilight answered, sitting on one of the cardboard boxes. “I’ve brought bottles of water for everyone.”

“And then, she’ll act surprise because we choose her for organizing”, Rainbow Dash said, rolling her eyes.

“Ah… Am goin’ to the toilets.”

This sudden announcement from Big Macintosh was welcomed with a general indifference, except for Fluttershy.

Since the beginning of the morning, she was trying to get a moment where she could have a conversation with him, in order to know what wrong she had done to make him feel so angry against her. Something told her it was now or never, and that if she didn’t take the chance, she could never get the situation straight.

Unfortunately, she was stopped of doing so by Rarity, who had just noticed a snag in her sweater, and offered to fix it, since she always had her sewing kit with her, and that no one had better things to do right now, anyway.

It seemed like an eternity to Fluttershy. While the others were chatting cheerfully, she was restless inside, eaten by a muffled anguish she just couldn’t wait to calm down.

Meanwhile, behind Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie had just hung up with her parents. Like often, the complete family had wanted to speak with her, and like often, she was the only one really saying things, except with Maud, of course, with whom she always talked more easily.

Meeting face to face with Big Macintosh surprised her a bit, but once this surprise was over, she addressed him one of her warm friendly smiles.

“We were pretty fast, I’m so happy! Well, ten persons, it’s a lot of persons to move things from an apartment that was barely ten square meters. What a pity Shining Armor and Cadence couldn’t make it, don’t you think so? This wouldn’t have been possible without them. I think I’m going to bake them a cake to thank them.”

----------------------------------

As soon as Rarity lifted up her glasses with a satisfied smile, assuring her she’d just made a masterpiece out of her mistreated sweater, Fluttershy bounced on her feet and rushed towards the toilets.

“Well, Ah say… This pee’s probably an emergency”, Applejack joked.

The rest of the conversation disappeared for the young woman. The toilets, in the corridor, were empty, the door ajar.

Her anxiety increased, and she almost felt as if she couldn’t stand straight on her legs anymore. Her heart was about to blow up, crushed by thousands of high-heels. She breathed in, breathed out… Nothing changed. It couldn’t calm down.

Out of desperation, she opened the window in front of her, and offered her face taken over by sweats to the coolness of the winter’s wind.

She thought she could feel her fears slowing down. Until she lowered her head and looked down. Then, her eyes widened and she held herself back from screaming.

Big Macintosh was holding Pinkie Pie in his arms, and the pink-haired teenaged girls was stunned, unsure of what to do.

The way he embraced her had nothing friendly, this, even she knew.

It was more than Fluttershy could handle, because deep inside, she always knew. Without further ado, she hurtled down the backstairs, then once down there, crossed Sugarcube Corner running, under the dumbstruck glances of all the costumers.

Author's Note:

@Midday Giggle... So, what time is it in Ecuador, now? (I admit, I've published the story a bit earlier than usually today)

Next arc, two very famous characters are going to appear... Want to guess who?