• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 1,880 Views, 87 Comments

The Truth About Girls (Vol. 2) - TheMareWhoSaysNi



Do girls just wanna have fun? Why not try to seek for the truth behind the catchphrase?

  • ...
9
 87
 1,880

Troublemaker (part 1)

Summer had been too short. It seemed like yesterday when everyone was going on a trip to have fun near the coast. They worked a bit, talked a lot, and played more, and already, it was over.

They would have feel sad if this start of the school year was just another start of the school year. But it had nothing in common with the previous ones. Because this year, our dearest Crusaders were to play with the big boys.

High school. Finally. Finally, they would be able to follow the steps of their idols and sisters. No one would take them for little girls anymore. In fact, they would now be counted in the teen category, and not as preteens anymore.

They were really proud to display their Canterlot High uniforms. None of them three had wished to go to another school, to the extent that they refused to go to the open house of the other institutions. What was the use if they couldn’t say they were related to these popular students they admired so much?

During the year inauguration’s ceremony, students didn’t know their affiliated classes yet, except for those of the Guiding Class, so they were free to sit wherever they wanted. Scootaloo settled beside Rainbow Dash, and Apple Bloom near Applejack, along with Sweetie Belle, what costed them the immediate interest from everyone.

Even within the newbies, like themselves, the connection didn’t go unnoticed. None of them ignored Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash had led the female lacrosse team to the finales of the inter-academy championship, where they’d won hands down, as well as Twilight’s intellectual exploits were known and Applejack’s face was famous, even out of the walls of the school.

This allowed them to start this year in the brightest manner, especially as they learned they all were in the same class. It was certain, with such an introduction, this year was going to be theirs. They would soon discover their talents and would be popular as well.

As a proof, after being almost transparent back in Middle School, outshone by snobbish Diamond Tiara and her inseparable friend Silver Spoon, they were soon surrounding by a big group, fond of anything they would say about the local celebrities.

Their former classmates couldn’t believe it, and were sulking in a corner of the room.

While conversations went well, an adult dressed in a sweat suit pushed the door of the class, and with just one foot inside, yelled at them to quickly sit down and that these seats would be theirs until the end of the year.

The man, tall and muscular, with very short chocolate hair, went to the dais where his desk was. Not a smile crossed his face as he was scanning the room.

No one dared to open their mouths.

“I’m Mr. Caballeron, your homeroom teacher, and physical education teacher. With me, there’s only one thing that matters: discipline. Do what I say, be the best, and everything will be just fine. But disobey, and you’ll pay the price.”

From their seats, the three Crusaders swallowed, with drumming hearts. Excited as they were, they didn’t envision for a single second that High School wasn’t just a chain of big events and participation at clubs. There also were classes to attend, and these classes were taught by teachers…

As far as the oldest were concerned, it was the time of novelty. For Twilight in particular, this start of the school year had a very special taste, delicious and with hints of poison at the same time. From now on, she would no longer be with her best friends, laughing and arguing during the breaks. The whole day would be focused on studies, until she would leave this room that was now hers, and she’d meet them for lunch and for a stroll in the city.

In her class, not a friendly face. Of course, students from the Guiding Class had friends, but nothing in the atmosphere felt like anything she’d known. And most importantly, none of them deigned to talk to her. She was a threat for them, being the best student of the official ranking, and it seemed to be out of question to be connected with the girl they all dreamed to beat.

Even Lyra the chatterbox acted as if they didn’t know each other, while during holidays, she used to warmly wave at her when they met.

The only other person she knew a little came to see her, and it didn’t please her much. To be honest, she didn’t trust her at all.

Trixie, without her perpetual ninth grade minions, settled herself in front of her desk, armed with her favorite small half-smile.

“Hello, Twilight Sparkle”, she said crossing her arms, as if trying to show her there was no way she could even think about shaking her hand.

“Hello, Trixie.”

“I wanted to tell you that I’ve spent my holidays studying, and that your days of reign are over. This year, it will be MOI, The Great and Powerful Trixie, number one of the top students!”

“Err… Alright?”

Without another word, the young girl turned around, her chin up and walking arrogantly, and she went to her desk, that was in fact right beside Twilight. And to say the first time she seen Rainbow Dash in seventh grade, she had thought she would never meet someone bragging so much… She’d been wide of the mark.

A sigh escaped her lips, as her homeroom teacher in mathematics, who was no one else than Principal Celestia herself, started to explain their schedule for the year. It was the greatest of honor to be a part of this class, her long-time dream… Yet, right now, she would have given everything to be in the room nearby, with her whole bunch of friends.

----------------------------------------



Rainbow Dash let herself fall back heavily on her chair at Sugarcube Corner, under the dumbstruck faces of the whole gang. One minute before, she had dashed towards the washroom without an explanation, while everyone was laughing at a joke from Pinkie Pie.

“It’s a disaster!” she claimed dramatically.

“What’s wrong, Dashie? Are you feeling sick?” Pinkie Pie asked her immediately, sticking her both hands against her forehead.

“It’s worse…”

She lifted her wrist, bare, and her four friends gasped in terror, at the same time. Soarin, unsure he could understand, looked at each one of them.

“My friendship bracelet is ruined!”

“What did happen?” Applejack questioned.

“I think that’s the clasp… I’m dead!”

“It’s just a bracelet”, Soarin finally dared saying.

Immediately, he knew he had just said something stupid. Looks he got from the girls surrounding him were the same ones than those given to lawbreakers who committed a horrible, obscene crimes…

He hunched his shoulders, in order to be protected from what was about to fall on his head.

“It’s the symbol of our friendship”, Twilight explained. “It reminds us that we’re all connected together.”

When Rainbow Dash had been to Green Haven, this bracelet helped her to go through the worst of things. Thinking her two friends were waiting for her outside, thinking about her as well, it gave her courage each time she had thought that, maybe, if she was where she was, it meant she deserved not to be free anymore…

She had never confessed it to him, so she chose not to add this argument. But deep inside, something was boiling within. An embarrassing desire, like tingles swarming inside her stomach, to reveal the truth, to make him understand how dear these pieces of white gold were for her.

Soarin was lucky that she knew him so well, and knew it probably was nothing but another blunder. With another boy, she wouldn’t have taken it so well. And he seemed to be sincerely sorry for the mistake.

It didn’t resolve her problem.

“What am I going to do?”

“I can fix it for you, if you want me to”, Fluttershy assured, while sipping on her coconut milkshake.

“You can do this kind of things, Flutty?”

“Of course I can. I really like meticulous work, and I like personalizing my jewelries… It doesn’t bother me at all.”

“Oh, sweet! Long live you, Fluttershy.”

“Yes, best friend ever!!” Pinkie Pie almost screamed, which made her friend blush immediately.

Without the least wavering, Rainbow Dash slid her bracelet on the table. To be honest, she’d thought about giving it to Rarity, but she knew she was very busy with the Fashion Week soon, and guessed it would have taken too much time with her. If Fluttershy could take care of it, it was perfect.

When her clasp had started to play up, she immediately had seen it as a bad sign. Something was going to happen, and she wasn’t going to like it. She went to class with a lump in her stomach, and despite the fact everything had been quite fine during this first day of the school year, the feeling hadn’t left her.

A little earlier, her basketball practice had strengthened her apprehension. The newcomers weren’t that good, and this year’s leader was younger than she. When the clasp got tangled into her wrist guard, she thought the sky might be falling on her head very soon.

This small improvised reunion at Sugarcube Corner with the girls (minus Sunset Shimmer, who was at the Club Fair in order to find an extracurricular activity to do this year) and Soarin refreshed her. Until… Until her clasp gave in and she almost let her items fall into her low-fat vanilla ice cream.

The faster Fluttershy would have fixed her bracelet, the faster she would get rid of what could turn into a panic attack if other problems came up. Not wanting to rush her, she really hoped she wouldn’t take too much time.

The good news of the day was that Soarin had finally be chosen as leader of the Wondercolts, after three years of good and faithful service as best backcourt. Well, a good news… Because of this piece of information, it had already been three times since they arrived at the tea room that a female student from Canterlot University came to their table in order to ask him questions about basketball university championships.

Each time, Rainbow Dash made sure the girl to understand Soarin wasn’t free, since he was dating her, and there was no need to try to lure him with charming smiles. He already was the boyfriend of the coolest girls in all Canterlot… Why would he be with someone else? At least, that was what she kept on saying to herself, in order to stay calm and collected, and not to show how much she didn’t like it.

She didn’t either want to be the party-pooper… As if it wasn’t enough that the absence of chain around her wrist had her in the dumps already, although it was a bit irrational. As shown by the fact her friends were here with her.

“Well… I wanted to wait a little, but…”

Soarin paused. Five pair of eyes conveyed in his direction, waiting for him to open his mouth and kept going. He would have preferred them to be all here, so that none felt as if forgotten, but in front of Rainbow Dash’s gloomy frown, he thought maybe this could give her a bit of positive energy.

Somehow, it was one of his biggest flaws. Seeing her sad or discouraged always felt heavy in his heart, and he feel he was ready to anything so she would smile again.

“There’s the Canterlot University’s open house this weekend, and it’s only meant for a hundreds of students from local High Schools… I’ve been able to enroll your names in the special guest list. Well… With Big Mac’s help, in fact.”

“Big Mac?” Applejack questioned. “He hadn’t told me anythin’ at all.”

“It was supposed to be a surprise. In fact, I hope he’s not going to be mad at me for telling you”, he finished sheepishly.

Rainbow Dash couldn’t help but burst out laughing. It wasn’t to make fun of him… Well, in fact it was, anyhow. He might have grown up and be smart, somewhere he still was the child she used to play with, who always did something stupid at the least favorable moment. It was adorable.

However, his announcement had the expected effect. All the girls seemed to be pleased and Rainbow Dash was laughing. Well, at his expense but he was sort of used to it now and it didn’t change anything to her feelings for him. Although she didn’t say much about this topic.

Pinkie Pie was the one who seemed to be the most enthusiastic about the open house. It wasn’t because she’d be able to discover the many sporting disciplines offered by the university, like Applejack and Rainbow Dash, or to look for an association for the protection of animals, like Fluttershy, not even for the amazing catalog of school disciplines, like Twilight. It was because the campus was famous for its great proportion of athletic male students, with attractive features and intelligence.

It was a few months now since she started to actively look for a new boyfriend and didn’t find anyone in her tastes. Rarity’s matrimonial blind-dates hadn’t given much and the boy she was chatting with on a forum dedicated to party planning hadn’t shown for a little while. She was losing hope of finding someone to make her laugh like Soarin made Rainbow Dash laugh, holding her hand in the streets and having good fun with her.
This open house, she was convinced, was the perfect occasion. She would miss it for nothing in the world.