• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 1,593 Views, 14 Comments

A Heroes Always Welcome - discord7



A veteren is injured at war and mysteriously transported into Equestria.

  • ...
4
 14
 1,593

Magicks and Magic

I told Applejack that I wanted to get some hoof work done out in the town. She told me it probably wasn't a good idea but I ignored it and went on my way. I was really going to try and find that Twilight girl Celestia had mentioned. I should have thought ahead of time, Celestia had also mentioned she was AJ's friend. I probably could have avoided a lot of stares if I had just asked for directions. Then again, I didn't want to upset any of the precious balances that she was talking about, after all I didn't know how much the real Buck knew. I finally got some information from a rather attractive white mare that had a purple mane. She told me she lived in the local library, I thought that was wierd but then again I was in a world inhabited mainly by friggen miniature horses.

She was also kind enough to give me directions, I looked up at the big treehouse, er, treelibrary... whatever it was. I knocked on the door. A purple mare opened the door, oh ya, she was the main character the first few episodes. She greeted me with a smile.

"How can I help you, any particuar subjects your interested in or just browsing?" she offered.

"Well actually I'm interested in, interdimenional travel. Would you possibly have any information on that?" I asked, she seemed to get the hint.

She walked over to the window and switched the sign to closed, then locked the door and took a few steps toward me.

"The Princess told me you might stop by, you must be Buck. Nice to finally meet AJ's dad." She held out a hoof toward me, I shook it.

She walked over to a stand where she already had a book placed on it.

"I've been reserching what little ponykind knows about alternate dimensions, but..." she stopped.

"But what what's wrong?" I pressed.

"Well... it's just the only thing we know is that we can only see into another dimension with very powerful magic. Its exreamly rare for somepony to be able to use magic to see one... but..." she was hiding something.

"Please," I looked her in the eyes, "I need to return to my family."

"Magicks has been known to be more powerful and able to do more, but it's a lot more unstable and requires... well, a sacrifice. For that reason alone Magicks has been dubbed the name Black Magic and thereforth forbidden for practice."

I sighed, "So there's no way I'm getting back."

"Not exactly," she hovered a book toward her, "Equestiran Law 101 states that if the Monarch finds reasonable substance for it he or she can overturn any law or punishment." she read.

"So she can let you use magicks to let me go home!" I said.

"True," she paused, "but first I have to find out how to send you home."

I once again faced the floor, ears down in defeat.

"The only thing I know is that most crossovers are made through a midpoint." she went back to her book. I walked over and took a glance. I pony and a human stood in a white room looking at each other.

"It's a place among the dimensional rift where both dimensions share common ground." she explained.

"Common ground." I repeated suddenly realizing it, both our lives were similar. Buck and I had common ground because in this dimension he was the equine version of me.

"I've seen this place before." I said placing a hoof on the page.

"Really! Where!" she was overly excited.

"Uh, a dream... I saw it in a dream Buck was there he said he was talking to his wife I don't know I only saw it really briefly." I explained to her.

She was obviously deep in thought.

"What is it?" I asked.

"If we can induce sleep, we may be able to have you cross onto the Common Ground to talk with Buck and get a little more information on his side. Also I can use my magic to figure out how to send you back." she told me.

It sounded crazy and I didn't understand it, but at this point I was willing to try anything.

The next thing I knew I was on my back on a bed, looking up at the ceiling.

"Ready?" Twilight asked.

I nodded, her horn lit up, a bright purple aura around it. I felt myself getting dizzy, then drowzy. My eyes closed, as if under anastesia.

I opened my eyes and found myself in that familiar room again, I got up. I was on two legs again and it felt good. I looked over and saw Buck in the corner, I walked over to him. I sat down next to him.

"I'm back." I told him, neither of us made eye contact.

There was an awkward silence.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"So you haven't figured it out yet?" I asked.

"Not really, I've been here the whole time." He told me.

Wait a minute if I had gone to his body and he wasn't in mine... what did that mean?

"I've uh... been in your body." I told him.

"I know I can see it." he said, "I'm not sure what's going on but you have to know how I lived to understand."

"Understand what?" I told him, "From what I've been understood your the version of me in this dimension."

"No." he said simply.

Now I was confused.

"I've been able to see your life, your memories, I can see them I don't know how I just do. Your life is... a lot different." He got up and started walking.

I followed him.

He stopped and stared at the floor.

"What am I looking at." It looked like any other part of this desolate place. I couldn't imagine being here.

He tapped the area with his hoof, the floor rippled. An image of a family of happy ponies around a table were around it. I watched the pool for a few seconds watching the ponies eating and laughing.

"It's time for you to see the difference." he said.

"What?" I asked.

He backed away, I watched him, "The difference between you and me."

He charged I tried to get out of the way but my legs seemed frozen in place. I fell into the pool.

I was suddenly in a table full of laughing ponies surrounding me. It was as if I was behind my eyes, I was laughing to. Enjoying the meal, I heard a voice in my head.

'Watch, listen, understand.' I didn't seem to have much of a choice.

Let the memories begin.