• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 1,593 Views, 14 Comments

A Heroes Always Welcome - discord7



A veteren is injured at war and mysteriously transported into Equestria.

  • ...
4
 14
 1,593

Celestias Warning

I looked into the big sad eyes of the little filly looking up at me, wondering why her mother wasn't coming back. I sighed knowing that if when I got back home to my real life and the memory I had was real, this would be much harder looking into the eyes of my real daughter. I wanted to relate to this little pony... at least to comfort her, but I didn't know them.

"Common dad, let's git ya up ta bed yer probably tired after a long ride." Applejack said, recognizing my discomfort.

After we got out of earshot from Applebloom Applejack looked me in the eye, "Listen, AB's still not grown enough ta know what's goin' on," she said, "Ah know Ah'll never see her again, an' you probably been through some stuff yerself." she said glancing at my chair, "But don't worry pa," she told me, "we Apples always make it through."

I went up to the room she showed me and went to the bed. I saw a small rustic picture frame and the bedstand, a red colt and a yellow mare stood in it smiling and holding a baby red foal. I assumed that was the real father, their mother and Big Macintosh. I smiled, I had a picture just like this. Just me my wife and Jeffrey, I just hoped I would get to see it again soon. I don't remember falling asleep but I did, when I woke up it was totally dark. Well that is except for two rather large ponies who seemed to emit a light glow. They both stared at me, I recognized them both. Luna, goddess of the moon, and Celestia goddess of the Sun.

These two royal mares always ment buisness, something was definatly going down.

"Uh, hi?" I said uncofortable with the whole situation.

"We know who you are." Luna said, she spoke more softly than she had in the episode I saw her in. Probably shouldn't have fallen asleep I could have figured out what happened there.

"You do?" I asked now curious as to why they were telling me this.

"Yes," Celestia confirmed, "and we want to send you back as soon as possible."

I jumped out of the bed, probably should have remembered I didn't have legs. Once more I hit the floor... hard. "Well what are we waiting for!" I yelled, "Let's get my flank back to my world." I should probably go soon, I was starting to talk like them.

Celestia looked back at her sister, "We... don't yet know how to do that." Luna told me.

I was dumbfounded, "You gals are supposed to be the most powerful entities in this whole land what the hell do you mean you can't send me back?" I protested.

"Listen creature," Luna scolded, I was scared now, "Although our magic is great, we cannot just go around ripping holes in the dimensional rifts of time. It is dangerous."

I guess she had a point but I didn't know how magic worked, especially because I was sent here as an earth pony.

"What my sister is trying to say," she scolded back at her sister for being so abrupt, "is that although we rule this land, it is our parents who created this universe. So only they have the power to control the magicks of it."

"Wait did you just say magicks?" I asked severely confused. I thought this world was run by magic.

"Yes," Celestia confirmed, "Magicks is different from magic, unicorn magic," she began a cloud appeared from her horn portraying a picture or a little unicorn, "has the ability to control objects and items, along with situations and living creatures." she explained, "Magicks, on the other hand, is a rare gift, it can only be used by a very powerful unicorn. Sometimes among alicorns, it controls time space, and the very existance of reality." she said, there were pictures appearing and disappearing rapidly across the cloud.

"Our parents were the only ones to truly understand how this worked, thus we cannot send you back until we learn how to do it without splicing reality." she finnished. I saw myself running on two legs as a human to my loving children at home. I wanted the picture to last forever, but it dissipated in front of me.

"So what," I asked, "I'm stuck here until you can figure out how to send me back?"

"We must find out how you came to be here, only then can we send you back and retrieve the real Buck Apple through means of which made you come to our world at first."

"Oh that's easy you see-" I was inturpted.

"SILENCE!" Luna whinnied.

"It is not safe to disclose information until we know how this works, Magicks is very powerful, treking information from one world to the next can have dire consequences on the very fabric of ours, and possibly YOUR reality." Celestia told me.

So I couldn't talk to anyone about this?

"My student is a freind of your 'daughter' here, her name is Twilight Sparkle. She is a unicorn prodigy, she is working on a way to send you back." Celestia told me.

Good I'd have a talk with her later to see what the hell was going on, or at least to keep me updated on what was going on. I just hoped I didn't spend the rest of my life here.

"Sleep now." Luna ordered, "You have a day of hard work ahead." she said.

I looked at her confused, her and her sister left. What were they talking about, "hard work ahead"

I ignored it and went to sleep, I was awakened several dreamless hours of sleep later be a loud rooster. Good to finally hear a familiar sound. I got upright and fixed myself in the wheelchair and rolled out to the dining room.

Granny Smith, Applejack and Applebloom were already eating.

"Eat up Pa, ya'll got a big day a sortin' apples with granny. Then we got a doctors apponitment later on."

I looked around, this room was one pony short.

"Where's Big Macintosh?" I asked.

"Oh, uh..." Applejack looked out the window, he was already busy bucking trees. He looked angry, he was just like my son. I had to go out and see how he was doing.

I wheeled outside and down the three steps, almost tripping in the process. Big Macintosh saw me and turned around, not wanting to face me.

"Hey son." I said, "How's it going?" no response, "You ok?"

"Eyup." he said, I laughed to myself inside my head, he was just like my son. Always trying to be strong, but we both knew the real side of him.

I may now know much about magic or magicks but this world was awefully similar to mine, maybe I could get used to this, but only for a little while.

"Just let me know if you wanna talk, ok?" there, seed planted just like I used to do with my son.

He never wanted to talk unless you pretty much gave him a pass. It might be a few hours it might be a few days or even weeks, I never knew. But when he came around we were best freinds again.

I smiled as I walked back to the dining room for some breakfast.