• Published 28th Apr 2017
  • 554 Views, 4 Comments

The Hunters - Deachir



Earth has been invaded by monsters from another dimension and a small group of fighters travel to another dimension to escape. Little do they know that equestria will soon have the same fate

  • ...
 4
 554

The first night

Author's Note:

This was a side effect of lack of sleep from fireworks and boredom. I hope you enjoy. also added the romance tab.

I opened the door to my room and walked in. It was a small room with a bed and dresser on opposite walls and a window straight ahead. I personally covered the windows with curtains because I have always been afraid of someone looking in at me. There was a nightstand beside the bed with a small envelope on it. Apparently a storm had begun while I was in the library and it was slowly getting worse. I walked to the bed taking off my sword belt and setting it on the nightstand. Next I changed into a pair of jogging pants and a sleeveless shirt both of which were black. After I was changed I looked back at the envelope. I sat on the bed and opened it only to find the picture of Fluttershy and a note from the princess.

as I promised here is the picture. I was talking to Fluttershy about you and she said she is on the fence with you if you know what I mean. With enough effort she could grow to love you

I stared at the letter for a moment letting it sink in. "No" I said aloud "I am not good enough" I saw a bolt of lightning through my curtains and a loud boom of thunder then a knock on the door. "Really" I said to my self as I got up and wandered to the door. I swung the door open to see a shaking Fluttershy in my doorway. Her eyes wide and full of tears as she looked at me.

"S-sorry if I w-woke you" she said

"It's fine. Are you okay?" I asked with concern

"Just a-afraid of th-thunder" another loud clap and she squealed in surprise.

"Come in let's see if I can take your mind off it" I stepped to the side of the door and let her in

She walked to the centre of the room as I closed the door and headed back to the bed. I sat with my with my back to the head board and patted beside me. Fluttershy walked to the side of my bed and was hesitant to get up.

"Are you sure" she asked

"I don't care" at this she climbed up beside me but laid down on her side looking at me.

"What was it like? Earth I mean."

"A lot like equestria but no magic and the most intelligent being Is humans"

"So you still have animals?"

"Yes" another clap of thunder and I saw Fluttershy flinch.

"D-did you like it there"

"Ya. I have good memories of earth and I can only hope to make some here. For example I remember when me and my brother got in trouble for climbing my moms apple tree."

"I have a brother. His name is zephyr. He is kind and creative but he doesn't have very much motivation" she said. Another clap but this time Fluttershy didn't even move

"Do you mind if I lay down with you" I asked quietly

"It's your bed" she said with a smile.

"So why me"

"What do you mean" she raised her head off the pillow to look into my eyes. I was now laying beside her with about a foot of room between us

"You came to me over your friends. Why?"

"You are my friend and...I was talking with celestia... about how you have a crush on somepony and I was just wondering who." she said as she lay her head back down.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked

"I um... well if it is somepony I know then I could try and help." She said

well time to have fun "okay could I get some advice on a gift"

"Okay, who" she said slightly excited.

"Pinkie?"

"Oh" she said and you could hear the depression in her voice "well confetti is always a good choice."

"Applejack?"

She looked at me with a confused look "anything to do with apples"

"Rarity?"

"Rare jewels. But who do you have a crush o..."

"You" I cut her off

There was a silence where I could tell she was thinking. "Was that a question or an answer?" She asked in a low voice.

"Which would you rather it be" I said looking at her. Her eyes were wide and I could see her face was darker than usual. She sat up and looked down at me.

"You would probably be better off with applejack" she said looking away from me.

"And whys that?" I asked. I sat up so we were about eye level.

"I have never dated any pony before" she said in a sad voice.

"I have never dated anyone before either." I said as I lay back down "I always knew I didn't deserve anyone else" I said sadly

"Everyone deserves someone" Fluttershy said and she lay beside me closer then last time. "I am willing to give this a try if you want." She said as she got up to leave.

"It's up to you Flutters."

She stoped about five steps from the bed and turned to look at me. "Is that a yes" she asked barely audible.

"Yes" I said "do you want to stay here Tonight"

"I don't want to impose"

"I don't mind either way" I said with a smile

She stood there for a moment thinking. "Ok" she said and she walked back

I lifted the blanket so she could climb in and get comfortable then gently lay the blanket back down. I put one arm under the pillow and my other around her stomach and she curled up in my chest. "goodnight Sam" was the last thing I heard before the world turned black.