• Published 28th Apr 2017
  • 555 Views, 4 Comments

The Hunters - Deachir



Earth has been invaded by monsters from another dimension and a small group of fighters travel to another dimension to escape. Little do they know that equestria will soon have the same fate

  • ...
 4
 555

Lost friends

"We should be getting back. The forest is dangerous at night." Fluttershy said her voice quivering with fear. Her eyes are always darting around at the smallest of sounds.

"Relax, I am probably the scariest thing out here and are you scared of me?" I asked. I was currently crouching in the spot Fluttershy found me and was looking for the ear com I had on when we were leaving earth.

"Yes, I am actually but I feel like trusting you is the kindest thing I can do right now."

"Thanks but I have told you before flutters, I have no intention of hurting you," I said slightly annoyed.

"But how do I know you are telling the truth?"

"Because if I did want to hurt you, then you would be dead by now. Also, I found what I was looking for" in my hand was a small earpiece with a single button on the side.

"What is that?"

"It is what me and my friends used to communicate with."

"Ok but can we go now" I could hear the eagerness I in her voice

"Yes, we can go back to the cot..."

"Fluttershy!" A small purple and green dragon was running towards us from where we came from. He had a scroll in his right claw, and he was visibly tired.

"Spike, what are you doing here?" Fluttershy asked in a surprised tone

"Here," he said as he passed her the letter

It took her only a few seconds for her eyes to widen and she looked at me with shock in her eyes "we have to meet my friends at the castle, now!" She half yelled

"What's happening?"I ask standing up

"More of you have been found" the dragon, Spike, said

I put the com in my pocket " let's go" I said. At that Spike jumped on Fluttershy back and we ran towards the town.

We had run through the town ignoring the panicked and surprised looks from bystanders and were now rounding a corner in the castle. I was staying a few paces behind Fluttershy so she could lead the way. As we turned the corner, I could see Twilight and Rainbow through an open door. Both of them seemed content on keeping eye contact on whatever they were looking at.

Fluttershy, Spike and I came through the door and as we did both ponies turned to us with worried expressions.

"So you lived that chest wound," said a voice I knew well

I turned to see the twins standing with weapons in hand

"They aren't needed here," I said in a low, cautious voice motioning to the weapons

"All we have run into since we got here are bloodthirsty monsters so why would they be any different" Anne said with her sword at the ready

"I don't know what you have found here, but I have not had to draw a blade since I got here," I said. It was technically the truth because I never needed to draw my weapons. To be honest, at Fluttershy's cottage, I only pulled it out of habit.

"I doubt that," Hellen said with a dagger in each hand ready to fight if needed

"Ok fine put down your weapons or I will make you," I said with anger in my voice

"That little bitch has corrupted your mind, Sam," Anne said motioning to Fluttershy "and We will free you from her spell like We will free her head from her body!" She yelled as she charged at Fluttershy who jumped and hid behind me.

I drew my swords in time to block Anne's sword with my left sword, but I felt a dagger bury itself in my right shoulder. I pushed Anne back then swung my right sword at her. Where the blades collided, there was a volley of sparks. We locked blades, and I used my left sword to catch the hilt on her sword and twisted to disarm her. Without a sword to protect herself, I hit her on the left side of the head with the flat of the blade knocking her out cold. I turned to where Hellen was just in time to sidestep as two more daggers flew past.

I cleared the gap between her and me in a few seconds, and she had barely enough time to draw two more daggers before I was upon her. She jabbed with both daggers, and I stepped back out of her range and slashed with the flats of my swords, one at the right side her head and one at her left leg. I was hoping for a quick end to this, but I was surprised when Hellen blocked both blades with her daggers.

"Why do you defend them?" she asked as she kicked me in the stomach making me stumble back

"Because they saved my life. Why are you trying to kill them?!" I yell. Just then I dropped both swords and caught her wrists as she swung with both daggers. I twisted both making her lose her blades and used my left leg to trip her. I pinned her to the ground, and she started crying.

"They took M-Mike and Cody and k-killed them and said we were next if we don't kill t-them," she said between her sobs

"Who did," I asked angerly

"The Davlark!" She yelled

I stood up and helped her up after. Anne was starting to stir but was not fully conscious yet. Hellen had stopped crying for the most part.

"Aren't they the aliens that took over your world" Twilight asked lowering the force field she put around her and her friends.

"Yes and if they are here then nothing good is coming," I said

Fluttershy took one look at Anne then Hellen then turned to Twilight and whispered something in her ear. Twilight turned her head to face Fluttershy with a confused look on her face. She whispered something back, and Fluttershy smiled and said "thank-you" then turned to me and said "Sam can you help me get them both to some rooms. No doubt they are both tired."

"Sure thing Flutters," I said with a smile. This got a smile from Fluttershy, but only for a second then it was gone. I turned to Hellen "come on let's get you a room."

I walked over to Anne who was slowly regaining consciousness. I pulled her left arm over my shoulder, and Hellen got her right. "Thanks," I said, and Hellen nodded in recognition.

It took a few minutes to get to the bedrooms, and we put Anne in the bed

"I will meet you back in the other room with Twilight and Rainbow when you are done, ok?" Fluttershy asked as she turned to leave

"See you then Flutters" this time she giggled as I said her nickname.

As soon as she left the room, me and Hellen went to show her to her room

"Pet names already?" She asks with a giggle

"What do you mean?"

"You have never given any girl a pet name. So what? Are you two dating or something?" A big smile on her face

"No, I just have an eye for the beautiful things in life."

"So you do like her."

"Ya, you could say that. Anyways here is your room."

"What, you aren't going to stay and talk about your crush?" She teased

"Not to someone who was going to kill her five minutes ago," I said coldly

"Sam, I..."

"No don't "Sam I" me! go to bed and be happy if you see us tomorrow!" I said anger clear in my voice as I slammed the door to the room with her in it and left to meet with the others.

Author's Note:

Chapter three
To whoever is reading these thanks and I hope you enjoy
Don't forget to comment