• Published 4th Dec 2017
  • 346 Views, 0 Comments

My Little Pony: Retrieving the Elements - BlackFeather



Twilight and friends go on an adventure to Retrieve the stolen Elements of Harmony.

  • ...
 0
 346

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Twilight thought that the need for the Royal Guard was not necessary, but now she was sorely mistaken. The attack came out of nowhere and nobody was prepared for it. A mass of arrows rained down onto the front of the camp and ignited confusion amongst the guards. Only when legionaries were spotted charging the camp did the guard react in time with a counter charge of their own. The battle lasted half an hour with the legionaries counting at half of their men being casualties. The guard consumed more damage because of the massive arrow storm they received.

The guard set up a company of guards on the edge of the Equestrian boarder almost touching Griffon territory. the field hospital was set into much pressure with all the wounded and some even needing more attention than others. Twilight convened with the Princess’s and her friends about what happened with the assumption that the Griffons were probably invading Equestria. That night Twilight and her friends would also practice to see if they could use the Elements without Flutter shy. It didn’t work. So, the five girls received quick training on some weapons that the guard used.

Pinkie was especially interested in the knifes. She could through them better than any of the guard. Too much time playing darts at parties. Rainbow dash found love for the lance, she could twirl it around and block and attack very well with it. Apple jack, with her strength, thought that a heavy hammer would do her fine. No explanation needed for her. Twilight took up a rapier, a fast, light, and nimble weapon that suited her perfectly. Rarity was still in shock about the escape so she couldn’t even look at a weapon let alone hold one without breaking down.

“No Spike, and that’s the last time I’m going to say it” Twilight said.

“Aw come on Twi, let me fight with you” Spike said.

“No” Spike had grabbed a light sword and tried to practice with it but Twilight nabbed it and told him he was to stay in camp when another attack came.

“Well why not, I deserve to fight just as much as anyone here” Spike asked.

“Because one, you’re still too young to fight, and two because I said so” Twilight said angrily.

“Don’t play the I’m too young card, I’m a teenager Twilight only a few years younger than you” Spike said.

“Maybe but you will not be fighting tomorrow, that’s final” Twilight nearly yelled.

“Fine” Spike yelled angrily and walked away.

“Did ya have to be so hard on him Sugercube” Apple jack said.

“Yes, because what if he gets hurt out there. Do you think I would live with myself if I let Spike get hurt” Twilight said?

“No disrespect intended Twi but I’m pretty sure Spike feels the same about you” Apple jack said. Twilight was about to counter when a horn was blown. The girls exited the arms tent and saw that the Royal Guard were heading towards the Plains.

“Let’s go” Twilight said.

At the Plains Celestia and Luna were there with their combat armor on. Twilight and the girls meet up with them and saw over the Plains was a big mass of objects approaching. All the guards, the girls, and even the Princess’s gasped in surprise at the size of the force. It looked like thousands of Griffons were in the army.

“Sister, I believe were in trouble” Luna said to her sister.

“I must agree on that Luna” Celestia said.

As soon as the Griffon army came to a stop they were about three-hundred yards away from the royal Guards front line. Three figures from the Griffon side could be seen marching forward. The figures were indeed General Iron Wing, Emperor Griff Beak, and another General. Celestia motioned for Luna and Twilight to accompany her as she walked forward.

“Celestia, Luna, wonderful to see you again” Griff Beak said as they meet in the center of their forces.

“Griff Beak, I take it your army is here for decoration only” Celestia asked.

“Oh, not at all Celestia, I intend to invade Equestria with it, that’s why it’s here” Griff Beak said.

"But you can’t do that” The Griffons and two elder Princess’s looked at Twilight. “This is our home, you can’t just come and attack it”

“Princess Twilight. Last and first we meet you were stealing from my castles treasure vault” Griff Beak said.

“I only took back what your General stole in the first place” Twilight countered.

“Yes, well that was supposed to keep you guessing till now probably, Iron Wing had a rather brilliant plan though” Griff Beak said.

“I thank you for the flattery your majesty. But now what do we do” Iron Wing asked.

“Kill them of course” Griff Beak said.

The three Princess’s eyes widened in surprise as Iron Wing unsheathed his sword to strike at Luna when something unexpected happened. Something fell from the sky and crashed in between Luna and Iron Wing causing dust to form. As the dust settled Black Feather stood there with his sword out and blocking Iron Wing’s sword in place. All six of the other present were surprised by this. After looking up nine Pegasi were carrying seven other beings. They all dropped down six immediately formed a shield wall around the Princess’s while eight Pegasi flanked the Emperor and the two Generals. The last Pegasi and the one other came towards the Princess’s.

“Twilight”

“Flutter shy” the two girls hugged each other while the last being said.

“Squad hold position, defend their highness’s”

“OOHA” the Royal Guards yelled. After that Twelve Griffon Legionaries flew down and surrounded the Emperor and the other General while Iron Wing and Black Feather stood swords locked.

“Black Feather”

“Iron Wing” Both men said each other’s names with venom in their words. The swords unlocked and both came around locking eyes with one another.

“HOLD” Luna shouted getting everyone’s attention.

“General Iron Wing, I Black Feather, of the Eagle nations, body guard of the Princess of friendship and her council, member of the Free Eagle Rebellion, and Imperial Courier, demand a monomachía”

To the Ponies What Black Feather said made no scenes. But to the Griffons what he said made it look like they were insulted. “You have no right to call A Monomachía. Only representatives of armies can call one” Iron Wing said.

“And am I not, did you already call upon you representatives to fight” Black Feather asked.

“No, but you aren’t even Griffon…” Iron Wing said before being interrupted.

“Being a Griffon doesn’t matter. It never has” The General was at a loss for words.

“Alright, I will fight him” The General to the side spoke and walked forward.

“Gabriel step back, this is mine” Iron Wing said.

“Actually, Iron Wing I am the Representative of our army, so I will fight” Gabriel said. That shut Iron Wing up.

“Black Feather is our representative so he will fight” Celestia said. Both men got into position and Iron Wing went back towards the Emperor.

“What will be the ante” Gabriel asked.

“Ah yes I forgot about that” Griff Beak said. Black Feather looked at Celestia.

“Princess what will we give them if I lose” Celestia was a bit confused at the question.

“Doesn’t the opponent demand that” Black Feather shook his head.

“No but whatever Griff Beak gives us we must give in kind”

“I got it. If Gabriel losses than only his army will not compete in the war” Black Feather looked back at Celestia and ushered her to hurry.

“If Black Feather losses than we will give you back the Elements of Harmony” Celestia said.

“Splendid, now on with the Monomachía” Griff Beak said.

Black Feather and Gabriel looked at each other once before drawing weapons.