• Published 4th Dec 2017
  • 346 Views, 0 Comments

My Little Pony: Retrieving the Elements - BlackFeather



Twilight and friends go on an adventure to Retrieve the stolen Elements of Harmony.

  • ...
 0
 346

Chapter 1

Retrieving the Elements
Chapter 1

A meadow with no trees or bushes. No roads for miles. Nothing for as far as the eye can see. There stood one being. A princess. Princess of the sun. a princess of pony’s. She was the princess of an entire kingdom that has lasted for many centuries and hopefully many more to come. The princess feels the peaceful wind and atmosphere while walking. She walked on all fours and moved down the meadow. She then felt a massive change. A dark sky suddenly filled and many plants and the grass began to die. She saw it. A dark hazy creature. It stood there and with one movement it waved its hand and changed her. The princes moaned in pain and agony. She felt pain all over her body. She saw her hooves. Five long appendages grew and her hoove ran unevenly. Her snout had drawn itself in and her face went flatter. Her body ached for muscles and bones twisted and ran in different directions until it finally ended.

the dark hazy creature began laughing and didn’t stop. It than disappeared after that and then she woke.

“Gahhhhhhhh” Princess Celestia woke with a start and scanned her room. Everything was fine until she looked at her hoove. It had turned. Exactly like in her dream she tossed the blanket off her to reveal that her whole body changed. She got out of bed only to collapse under sudden fatigue. “Guard” she shouted. No one came through her door. She repeated and this time the door opened. All she saw was a hoove that looked like her new one came into the door way. The creature crawled through the door and she recognized the armor of her guard outside her door. The guards armor had changed to fit his new form.

“Princess are you ok” the guard said. He had the facial features that she had in her dream. “What has happened your highness” He asked.

“I do not know, but we will soon” Celestia said.

It has been a whole Year and all the pony’s in Equestria had turned into these knew creatures. Things were getting hard to do since no one knew where or how this had started. The ponies of Equestria started to learn to walk on their hind legs which was much easier on the back now with their new form. They realized the five long appendages on their hooves where more helpful for grabbing things and now all ponies could walk on hind legs and grab things with their front hooves. The ponies cutie marks were no longer on their flank but the top of their hands.

The ponies had begun calling their front hooves with the appendages ‘Hands’ which was easier to differ from their hind legs. Which also had five appendages but were not easy to grab things with but helped every pony with balancing on their hind legs. The doctors and scientists for a month had gathered all information on their new forms and no lead on how it happened revealed itself.

All ponies had lost something with the transformation. But they all lost their tails. The Pegasi still had their wings but the amount of strength it took to get at least one foot off the ground exhausted even the strongest of Pegasi, and some couldn’t get off the ground at all. The Unicorns didn’t have their horns anymore but they could still use magic but at a lower rate that even the weakest fillies and colt’s. The Earth Ponies where still strong but their new physical bodies made it difficult to do work that required their original strength.

Equestrian couriers had brought word that all creatures of the world had turned into these forms and not just the ponies. The centaurs were not as fast as they were on four legs now that they are on two. Minotaur’s are now less frightening with the way they look but still had their horns but less strength as well. Dragons still breathed fire but not as a massive rate anymore, merrily a small flame strong enough to light a small fire. Every other creature had also lost some perk they had before and still had a reasonable feature to distinguish what creature they were.

During the second-year Chaos, had broken out between many factions over many disputes. Counterlot’s council dukes refused on so many things that would let their land be either sacrificed or invaded by Changlings or Timberwolfs. These disputes nearly caused a civil war between the dukes of Equestria. The Griffons had a rebellion within one of their vassals with a battle which already shedded blood, and the Centaurs and Minotaur’s were now at a near bloody conflict arguing over hunting grounds.

In the second half of the second-year things calmed down and the pony dukes were calm and friendly again. The Griffons settled their rebellion and the near bloody conflict between the Centaurs and Minotaur’s never happened because of Princess Celestia’s negotiable intervention.

Now marks the beginning of the third year of the transformation with all Creatures now used to their new forms and the increased practice every pony had improved to get their original stats back. But what still is in the dark is who or what is responsible for the transformation happening in the first place.

Twilight Sparkle left her library home to walk down to Sugercube Corner to see her friend Pinkie Pie who worked at the cake’s shop. Twilight was an Ali-corn once princess Celestia had named her a princess. She still had her wings on her back but her horn was gone, but she still could use magic. When all the ponies turned into these forms every single one suddenly whore clothes of all sorts and everyone soon understood the meaning for that. She wore a purple shirt and jacket with a purple skirt with purple shoes. Twilight had been working tirelessly trying to find out why they turned like this three years ago, so today she was taking a break. She had planned to take some sweets to Flutter Shy who was taking care of some pony she found in the woods that was injured. Twilight thought that she would go and see her and help her out.

“Hey Pinkie” Twilight said as she entered the Cake’s store. Pinkie wore a pink long sleeve shirt with a pink sleeve less jacket with pink shoes and a pink skirt. She was currently taking inventory check on the sweets that were out on display.

“Hey Twilight how has your studies been going” Pinkie asked.

“Could’ve gone better but I will get somewhere eventually, and did you get the cookies I asked for done” Pinkie nodded like seventeen times in two seconds and brought out a box and put it on the counter.

“Yep all done, tell Flutter Shy I say hi” Pinkie asked.

“Will do, later Pinkie” Twilight said and picked up the box and headed out.

As Twilight walked through the streets of ponyville all around her ponies were hard at work or talking or just out for a stroll. Every pony had gotten used living in these new forms but they were still missing their original forms, even Twilight wanted to go back a little bit.

“Hey Twilight” Twilight turned around to see Rainbow Dash running up to her. Rainbow Dash had to get used to running because flying was very exhausting for her. She wore a sky-blue shirt with a rainbow short skirt with athletics shorts underneath it.

“Hey Rainbow what’s up” Rainbow Dash stopped to catch her breath and said.

“Is it ok if I come with you to Flutter Shy’s house” She asked.

“Yeah why” Twilight asked,

“I heard that the person she found in the forest was a message courier from the Griffon Empire” Twilight’s eye’s widened at hearing this. The Griffons normally kept to themselves unless it was an extreme emergency.

“Well then come on let’s go” Twilight said and they raced to Flutter Shy’s cottage.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash had run the whole way to Flutter Shy’s cottage which was located on the edge of Ponyville. When they reached the front door, Twilight knocked.

“Flutter Shy Its Twilight and Rainbow Dash” They heard some rumbling inside and Flutter Shy said ‘stay down’ or something. The door opened and Flutter Shy let them come in. “Hey what happened, are you ok” Twilight asked.

“Oh, yes everything is fine, my guest just isn’t too keen on ponies seeing him that’s all” Flutter Shy said.

She had her wings folded on her back just like Rainbow Dash because Flutter Shy couldn’t even get off the ground. She wore a yellow shirt and had a pink skirt on. Flutter Shy showed them into the living room and laying on the couch was an uncomfortable looking Soldier. He was sweating and gasping for air as he laid there. His armor removed and put aside except for his leg armor. He had dirty blonde hair and had a black shirt on that his armor went over. Flutter Shy walked over and took the towel on his forehead, washed it and put it back.

“What happened” Rainbow asked.

“I was walking through the forest to get some leaves for tea when a Timber Wolf attacked me, he came out of nowhere and saved me, but the Timber Wolf slashed his side” Flutter Shy said.

“We heard he was from the Griffon Empire” Twilight said walking over to him.

“He is, he had a talon gauntlet on his right arm” Flutter Shy answered.

“Hey here’s his stuff” Rainbow said standing near a bag a gauntlet and some pieces of armor.

The soldier opened his eyes and saw Rainbow near his stuff. He quickly sat up and yelled. “Don’t touch that” Rainbow jumped and backed away. “Ugh. I have to get to Canter Lot now” The soldier tried to stand but Flutter Shy pushed him back onto the couch.

“You mister aren’t going anywhere until your side is better” The soldier rested back and relaxed still obviously hurt.

“What is so important about his bag” Twilight asked.

“I don’t know but he won’t let anyone touch it” Flutter Shy said.

“Well than let’s just leave it” Twilight said and turned to see Rainbow scavenging through all the soldiers stuff. “RAINBOW DASH” Twilight yelled. Rainbow got shocked and dropped the bag. “What are you doing, that is important to the soldier”

“Yeah and I wanted to know why it’s important, for instance there’s a letter in there directed towards Celestia” Rainbow said. Twilight became interested as well but again thought against it.

“Well it still doesn’t matter, that’s his stuff so we shouldn’t go sneaking through it” Twilight said. Rainbow Dash moved away from the soldier’s equipment.

A few minutes later Flutter Shy, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash were sitting at Flutter Shy’s table talking about the soldier. “What do you think that letter directed to the Princess is about” Twilight asked.

“Whatever it is that guy will probably die to get it to the Princess” Rainbow said.

“Flutter Shy has he talked to you about anything” Twilight asked Flutter Shy.

“No, he just refused my offer to help after the attack and when I got him to agree he just tries to sleep and watch over his bag”

“Hey guys he’s waking up” Rainbow said and got up from the table.

The soldier sat up on the couch breathing normally and looking well. The three girls walked up to the soldier and Twilight proceeded to ask a question. “Hey are you ok” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, where’s my stuff” Twilight pointed towards his things on the ground near the end of the couch. The soldier got up and walked over to his things. “Hey someone moved my stuff in my bag” He said. Looking at the girls.

“Look we want to help you but you have to tell us who you are and whats going on” Twilight said.

The soldier sighed and stood up straight and saluted and said. “Black Feather, Courier Agent of the Griffon Empire, Battalion 3, Company 2, 1st Messenger Squad” The girls looked at him as if he was going to continue and he did. “My assignment was to deliver an important letter to Equestria’s raining rulers, her highness of the Sun and her highness of the Moon”

“So your mission was to see the Princess’s” Twilight asked. The messenger relaxed his poster a bit and continued.

“Yes, his Imperial Majesty Emperor Griff Beak and some of his scientists have discovered some information on ‘transformation’" The soldier now known as Black Feather finished and the three girls were silenced about how someone now had information on why every pony transformed.

“If you want we can take you to Canter Lot so you can deliver your message” Twilight said.

“Thank you, I would appreciate any help I can get, and special thanks to you miss Shy for your generous hospitality” Black Feather directed his last sentence towards Flutter Shy.

“Oh, no I’m happy to have helped, after all you saved me from the Timber Wolf” Flutter Shy said.

“Happy to have helped” Black Feather than gathered his gear and started to put on the rest of his armor.

The trip to Canter Lot was short as the three ponies and the one messenger traveled to see the Princesses. Black Feather had told the girls that his mission had to remain secret from others because enemy ears could be anywhere. As they arrived at the train station a few guards had approached them concerned why an Imperial courier was here. Black Feather reported his mission and the guards escorted the four to the throne room.

While walking through the hall’s Black Feather was asking the girls all the proper procedures about meeting Equestrian Royalty. “It’s simple just bow and say why you’re here, the Princesses will understand” Twilight said.

“That can’t be all, when meeting the Emperor there is so many procedures I had to go through”

“Well the Princesses will not be like that she’s kind and even takes jokes and pranks really well” Twilight said.

“That seems kind of childish, if you excuse my saying”

“Childish, then how old are you mister soldier” Rainbow asked.

“Twenty-two thanks for asking” Black Feather said.

“Hey were almost there so if you need to prepare yourself start now” Twilight said and Black Feather straightened himself up.

As the four entered the main throne room they saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna sitting on their thrones. They both whore elegant dresses that were long, they had their crowns on top of their heads and their hair loose. Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Flutter Shy approached the sisters and bowed.

“Rise Twilight Sparkle, you and your friends have no need to do that” all three stood but princess Celestia noted that one person still knelt and bowed before her and Luna. Celestia walked up him and said. “Stand soldier of the Griffon Empire, and welcome to Cantor Lot”

Black Feather stood but kept his composure. He then reached into his bag and presented his letter. “Your Highness of the Sun, I have a message directed from his Imperial Majesty Emperor Griff Beak for your Highness of the Sun and Her Highness of the Moon” Black Feather said.

Celestia took the letter and opened it. She read through the words and gained a look of interest. She then passed the note to Luna and said. “Soldier I thank you for insuring that this message from Emperor Griff Beak reached us, with this information we will start to experiment to see if we can also make some improvements” Celestia said. Black Feather nodded.

“The Emperor said you would say such that your Highness of the Sun”

“Though the letter said you would should have been here one day ago,” Celestia asked.

“Yes, your Highness of the Sun, I was wounded by Timber Wolves assisting miss Shy and she helped me heal my injuries”

Celestia looked over to Flutter Shy and said. “Well done Flutter Shy I expected nothing less of you, and you to Twilight, you influence being the princess of Friendship must really have Ponyville doing all sorts of kindness”

“WHAT” Everyone turned to look at Black Feather who just had an outburst.

Black Feather reposed himself and said. “My apologies your Highness of the Sun, and your Highness of the Moon, my actions were misplaced”

“Not at all soldier, what was so shocking to you” Celestia said.

“you said she was a Princess” Black Feather said motioning to Twilight.

“Yes, she is Twilight Sparkle Princess of Friendship” Celestia said.

Black Feather immediately dropped to his knees and laid his head down. “Your Highness of the Sun, your Highness of the Moon, your Highness of Friendship, please accept my sincerest apologies for not recognizing Equestrian royalty” Black Feather said.

“Wait what” Twilight said confused.

“You are forgiven soldier, your bravery towards helping one of my subjects is enough to counter this” Celestia said.

“I beg your pardon Highness of the Sun but I cannot leave without suitable punishment for my actions” Black Feather said.

Twilight, Rainbow, and Flutter Shy had no clue what has happening until Luna approached and whispered. “The couriers of the Griffon Empire have a code, if they fail to recognize royalty from another country then they must assume a punishment, we just don’t know what it is” Luna finished and Celestia said.

“The letter said that General Iron Wing is coming to Cantor Lot, I will talk with him then, when will he be here” Celestia asked.

“He should be here early tomorrow your Highness of the Sun” Black Feather said.

“Then I will meet with him tomorrow, and will you be present”

“Only until the General says otherwise” Black Feather said.

“Very well, I will have a room arranged for you” Celestia said.

“Thank you your Highness of the Sun” Black Feather stood waited for dismissal.

“You are dis mist” Celestia said. Black Feather turned and followed a guard to his room.

Celestia turned towards Twilight and said. “Twilight, tomorrow I want you and your friends to be with me and Luna to greet General Iron Wing” Twilight was surprised and said.

“But princess Celestia why me” Twilight asked.

“You’re a new princess to Equestria, me and Luna haven’t sent word of your coronation to the other kingdoms yet so they do not know that you exist, plus this will help clear this situation and you will get study on diplomacy with another kingdom” Celestia said. Twilight nodded.

“I have also prepared a room for you and your friends as well” Twilight nodded again.

“Thank you princess Celestia” She and the girls headed towards the room that they normally stay in while visiting.