• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 2,527 Views, 26 Comments

Equestria Girls - Lucky Chances - TheOneAndOnlyRhyanSparks



When you get involved in a car crash, nothing is usually supposed to happen to you, but for me, something happens and I struggle to comprehend it. I end up at Canterlot High. But There's one problem... I Have AMNESIA.

  • ...
9
 26
 2,527

Destiny Awaits

In The Present

Rhyan's POV
"Okay, but that doesn't explain why I woke up not remembering anything." I say, softly rubbing my head. "Wait, you mentio--" I get interrupted quickly.

"Well," Sweetie Belle begins, but looks like she gets lost in thought for a moment. "That storm was very weird, but the school has seen weirder."

"You didn't tell me about this storm sooner?!" Rarity expressed vividly to her sister, in what I thought was an upset and caring tone. "I might have lost you! Being your older sister gives me the right to worry about you!"

"Well, soorryyy for not telling you sooner! Besides, I'm here still, aren't I?! And I don't see you pull away from your work long enough anyway to come and at least spend time with me!" The younger girl responded, with a slightly meaner tone as I watch her get up and leave the room in a grump.

I look at Rarity and notice a shocked expression on her face. I feel awkward being on the outside of their short conversation, but I still feel like I should offer her a hug. I raise my arm and let it hang behind her shoulders, feeling it was the right thing to do.

What surprises me, is how she just leans into my side. Instead of reacting in shock, I feel my cheeks glow a small bit as I wrap my arm around her. This isn't really like me.

She still leans into me as she goes to continue the story from her side of the following day, when we both look up to see Luna walk in, followed by another young girl.

"Rhyan," Luna says, sitting on the seat adjacent to the sofa. "I would like to greet you to the new student who saved your life. Her name is Melody Symfonía, Mel for short. But I would prefer it if you keep this as a secret?"

We both nod.

"Good, because I'd like you to keep this a secret as well. Being new in school, my foster daughter will need a friend or many to be around. Could you do that?" Luna requests, her posture looking slightly nervous.

"Sure thing, Miss Luna." Rarity replies, in a surprised tone. I'm just as surprised to hear she's her foster daughter.

Sitting down with us, Melody, sorry, Mel and Luna decide to stay a while and tell the story from their sides too.

Earlier: The next few days...

3rd Person PoV
On her morning routine, Vice Principal Luna took a change of direction to get an update on the young boy, meeting her sister and the three students from yesterday.

"Oh, I still hope the poor darling is okay!" Worried the purple haired fashionista Rarity, who gave a quick waft with her hand to her face. "Just seeing him yesterday was awful. But his story is even worse!" Her two friends, the reformed student, who was once a problem for us before we met the first Twilight, which is still confusing to me, Luna thought, Sunset Shimmer nodded, agreeing with the other girl, Fluttershy.

"Uhuh," spoke Fluttershy, softly. "I really hope he wakes up soon. I alsp heard he was struck by lightning! How awful!" She hugs herself and slightly whimpers, before Sunset wrapped an arm around her friend gently.

"Hey, he'll be alright. Don't worry too much, okay?" Sunset says, smiling but with a faint bit of concern. Fluttershy just nods in return as they all enter the room. Rarity is the first one who makes it over to the bed the young boy is in for the second time. She gasps, but not as much as the others do, at the sight of his clothes.

"Oh my!" She looks him up and down. "That looks really bad, worse than what I could partially see yesterday. And I'm not just talking about the burn marks. Oh, I hope he's going to be okay!" She watches the other two, as do Luna and Celestia, walk around to the other side of the bed. Sunset holds her necklace and grabs his hand.

Fluttershy asks gently if she could see anything whilst holding his hand, but when Sunset pulls away, a bit more sharply than she wanted to, she froze in shock, then shook her head. Sunset had seen something, but the majority of what he was thinking was a lot of extremely blurry thoughts, feelings and memories amidst a thick, white void.

The most recent, was foggy but clear enough to show his arrival. But what shocked her was the short couple of seconds of a memory that was more vivid and clearer than the others, but it was still a blur to her. She quickly excuses herself from the room, being chased by Fluttershy whilst Rarity kept a worried look focused on the boys calm, motionless face. Both Luna and Celestia left just seconds later, at a slower pace, with confused faces as Luna got an email from the young crusaders.

When Rarity brushes her fingers on his right hand, an unnoticed soft zap of red and green light blinks for less than a split second unknowingly. Softly holding his hand, she leans forward in the room that now only has her and the boy. Kissing his forehead, another spark goes off.

"Oh!" She exclaimed, sudden but quietly, then smiled softly with a worried look. "Hmm, I hope you'll get better soon, darling."

After sitting for about ten minutes by his side, still holding his hand, she gets up to leave but is somehow restrained as the boy's hand softly but firmly holds her hand back. Wiping away a tear, she smiles as she rubs her thumb on his hand, which somehow releases his grip.

"I hope you wake up soon darling," She says softly, pulling herself together. She looks back three times before leaving the room.

Luna and Celestia are back in their office discussing the options for the young boy, when young Sweetie Belle enters the office.

"Um, Principal Celestia?" She asks softly.

"Yes, Sweetie Belle?" The principal responds calmly whilst smiling. "What can we do for you?"

"Well," she says hesitantly, before moving a red backpack from behind her. "We first found this backpack near the front of the school yesterday during our break, then some things nearby where we first found it during that storm last night and the three of us decided to hand in everything we've found so far just now." She holds the backpack out, which Luna takes and looks inside.

Taking note of the damage to the bag, Luna takes it and proceeds with looking at the items in it. Amongst the objects, those being a notebook, artpad, pencil case and laptop, were a slightly bashed phone and two necklaces.

"Thank you, young student." Luna says to Sweetie Belle, smiling a little bit. "You're dismissed. Go on to class, or you'll be late."

"Yes ma'am!" Sweetie Belle replies, quickly making her way out of the room.

The day continues with Luna's search for the boys family, with little success. The next day, which was a bank holiday, Celestia and Luna head over to the local hospital, followed by the police department, to find out what they might know of the boy. Gathering some unexpected information from the helpful staff and one of the managers, they thanked them and swiftly but sensibly drove over to the local police department. Chief Constable Duskstar Sentry, the head of said police department, invited them into his office upon hearing of their arrival.

"Tuh what do aye welcome ye for today, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna?" He says, in his strong accent.

"We're here to check up on a student who is, uhm, currently in our first aid room under unexpected circumstances." Luna responds, earning a nod from her sister. The officer raises an eyebrow, but asks no question.

"We believed that the hospital might know of any family he has," Began Celestia, as she began her story of how they'd gone for a visit, but ended up requiring permission to look at customer documents who'd been in the hospital. "So you see, we're looking for the boy's parents or relatives and since we can't ask for any help from the hospital, we thought that at least you would be able to help us."

"Hmm," The chief thinks aloud. "Well, aye will go check our database for anyt'ing. What did ye say the boy's name was again, ma'am?" He leans forward and starts searching on his computer, waiting to insert the boy's name.

"The boys name is Sparks, Rhyan Sparks." Replied Luna, crossing her arms as she hoped that the search wouldn't take too long before they had to go. The chief does a brief search, letting five minutes pass. His posture grows from small disappointment to slight frustration.

"Is there a problem officer?" Celestia asks, looking out of the window briefly to watch some students walking past, talking animatedly.

"Ah believe there is aahm afraid." He replies, sighing in mild frustration. He performs a few clicks and movements of his mouse and turns the monitor so that the two head staff members could see what he could find so far. "From whatever aye've had ter look through, there are no digital or recorded civilians by the name o' Rhyan Sparks. Although..."

"What do you mean by 'although', sir?" Celestia asks, leaning forward a little. Even Luna was intrigued, but slightly worried what Celestia would hear. "Is there anything there we're missing?"

"Aye was jus' lookin' at the search results and for a brief moment, it did show one result, but that was because it hadn't filtered out the results liked to deaths. So therefore, ye will be assured that there were indeed ah family by the name of Sparks, but they are, unfortunately, no longer with us. The family of four died in ah horrible drivin' accident 'bout eight years ago. Had to break the news to Flash about it. He was close friends with the young girl at the time." Leaning forwards, Duskstar asks that they don't ask him about the family, in case he breaks up in tears again.

"Oh, how unfortunate indeed." Spoke Celestia, softly. Feeling sorry for the boy in burnt cloths and the one who lost a very close friend. "Thank you for your time, Chief Sentry. And we won't say a thing."

"You're welcome, Principal Celestia." He replies, nodding and tipping his a hat. "And off the record, aye was glad to be ah part of your lov'ly charity event last month. Ye too Vice Principal Luna. If there's anythin' ya need, I'll try ma best to help ye out." They nodded in return, as they left the police department. Said charity event was how Luna had discovered that even she could foster a child, as long as her sister was willing to support her. Celestia gave Luna as much support that she needed to support the poor child back into a helpful and caring family.

As the week went on, things gradually quiet ended down since the weird, magical events that were always appearing at Canterlot High. Sunset's friend from Equestria, Starlight Glimmer, sometimes visits whenever she's free from her duties. Rarity still visits Rhyan during the week, with her friends, telling him stories about her day as he lays unconscious. It was the day before he wakes up, that the six girls had come along to see the boy, after hearing about his family.

Rarity had somewhat become attached to the young teenager and vice principal Luna had agreed with her that she could look after him in her home above her shop. Rhyan could have made it to Rarity's guest room, had it not been for his current condition. Instead, they decided to keep him at the school.

"Are ya sure it's alright, sugar cube?" Asked Applejack. "Shouldn't he be in some hospital or somethin'?" She adds.

"I believe that was our first plan for him," Responded Luna, who'd just entered the reception of Rarity's small shop as they came downstairs. "But as they are currently over working, I had requested that you girls could look after him, due to the circumstances that we've recently been faced with." She didn't like to mention how some of her students are still having to undergo some therapy from being a part of the events. she finally remembers something, reaching into her small shoulder bag. "Oh, I believe that this might belong to him. Could one of you girls keep an eye on it?"

"Don't worry about it, Vice Principal Luna," Replied Sunset Shimmer, smiling as she sat on a sunset red couch beside FlutterShy and Rainbow Dash. "I'm sure we can help him out when he wakes up." Convinced with this, Luna nods and leaves the building. The seven girls relaxed and talked about who might be the best person to help him.

Later that night, Rarity slept in her guest bedroom, thinking about who the poor boy was. So did Sunset, Twilight and the others, but not as much as Rarity was. Little did she know, that the necklace downstairs started to glow dimly, with one bolt of rainbow lightning snaking off of it as it sparks a few times with small green lightning bolts. The magical bolt traverses its way outside, crawling along the walls and the ground as it races for the school's medical room. Upon arrival, it zips through the cabling and arriving near his bed.

Softly zapping Rhyan's forehead in the process.