• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 2,512 Views, 26 Comments

Equestria Girls - Lucky Chances - TheOneAndOnlyRhyanSparks



When you get involved in a car crash, nothing is usually supposed to happen to you, but for me, something happens and I struggle to comprehend it. I end up at Canterlot High. But There's one problem... I Have AMNESIA.

  • ...
9
 26
 2,512

Mystical Mischief - Memory Mishaps, Part 4

The day continued with mild success, but it was definitely interesting to see Sunset use such a rude insult to a girl with lots of stars and a very over the top atmosphere to her. I have had a few classes with her. She's very extroverted, and I think she has a weird ego I can never seem to understand. As I slowly tune out their conversation as she says while the crowd of students disperses, I don't know why but whenever I see her, my head feels extremely foggy and bubbly, like I'm remembering something from my past.

Whenever I get these bubbles of fogginess, they occur when something suddenly triggers my locked away memories, and when I'm not busy with homework, group work and class work, I've usually asked my 'Radiant RaeRae' if I can attempt magical counseling with Sunset, which had always been answered with a yes prior to the past few days, since I explained that it was to try and help me recover my locked away memories she'd seen in my head back when I first joined the school.

Oh, right, sidetracking, sorry. Now where was I? Oh yeah, that's Trixie, I remember why I was thinking of her now. I weirdly think to myself, partially oblivious but picking up on Melody's questioning and curious gaze as she walks past us, while watching Sunset somehow befriending Trixie right in front of our eyes.

"--etty Decent Assistant-Detective-Helper Person." I hear in response to something Sunset chided to her.

I noticed that the book in Sunset's locker starts to vibrate, but she's not paying attention as she walks off with Trixie, as I take it and read it. I look in surprise at Twilight's message, then put the book back in the locker with a note. I say to and zoom over to the portal and jump back through to Ponyville.

"Oh great, not this again!" I yell as I feel my body stretching again, the pain much worse than before, whilst also trying to stop myself from moving in the weird dimension-like goop once again.

This time, the weird pink trail from earlier was even closer than it had been before and even had a different direction. Like it was getting closer. Not wanting to experience what happened last time, I just let the magic take me.

Upon arriving, I am somehow already in my superspeed as my eyesight, for a brief instant, felt higher than it had been when I was here previously and I catch a glimpse of my actual hand before my vision is covered in a silver and rainbow coloured magic for a split second and I was shifted back out as I continue staring at my hoof.

"That must be some kind of magical hallucination." I whisper, then cringe as it reverberates around the room. Or some magic interference. I add as an afterthought, in case I'm actually heard.

I hear movement coming from outside the hallway, so I feel like I should hide, but instead, I remember what I'd come back here for, so I wait patiently, but feel a bit panicked. Rounding the corner is none other than Princess Twilight.

"Who are you? where's- Nevermind, I remember!" She almost shrieks, before recognising me in my pony form after facehoofing at herself. "I take it you're here regarding the memory stone?" She adds, composing herself.

"Yeah, among other things." I reply, as we trot out of her castle and head back into Canterlot.

On the way, Twilight gives me some pointers on how the magic in her world works, in comparison to the other.

So in retrospect, I can't use my abilities here like the way I did back in the human world. I think to myself, when Twilight decides that we should take a look for information regarding the use of the Memory Stone and how i can regain access to my magic in her world.

So to recap after half a day of research, during our conversation as she helped me study their use of magic studied magic and the use of the Memory Stone, the stone is used to wipe memories and partial moments from memories, but in my case, it didn't really remove the strongest memory I had of Sunset. That could explain, after been checked and confirmed by Princess Luna, why Sunset appears as a white silhouette and sounds like a faint angel-like echo in my memories back from when I first arrived here, instead of being removed completely.

Under the training of Rainbow Dash and Twilight from this pony world, I discover that I don't just have the insane superspeed that puts Dash's speed to shame, but telekinesis too. To think that I unlocked my speed ability here and then beat Dash's best time on a ground-based speed course by fifteen seconds feels like I'm cheating a little. Or just that I'm a natural prodigy. I weirdly think to myself, then shake my head.

After a bit of practice, not only can I access my telekinesis ability at will after only a few classes, what I saw to be the astonishment of Princess Twilight, shock to Luna's daughter Melody, who was watching from her guard post at my magical skills, and even the surprise to Princess Celestia, I was able to create a new type of telekinetic magic, which I had the weirdly familiar feeling of naming it a 'psionic burst', which emits a strong wave of invisible energy which can blast things away or shield me from anything fired at me if used correctly.

Getting back on track, I soon realise that I've been wasting my time whilst I was supposed to help Sunset figure out how to fix the memory stone issue. Was a little bit weird to me to know that she found the three day limit information inside a piece of an artifact, but it as vital and as I remembered it, I wanted Twilight to know that I needed to get back home as soon as I can. Good thing it's still daytime, but I get the feeling that time feels slightly different between the worlds.

"You can't by any chance, I don't know, teleport us back to your castle in Ponyville?" I ask suggestively, but in a rushed and slightly impatient manner, hoping her magic can actually reach that far. "Not that taking the train is a bad thing, but I would like to get all my memories of Sunset and the others returned before i lose them permanently."

"No can do, I don't think my magic can reach that far yet. However..." She replies, her tone changing as she hints at my pony-adapted abilities I'd learnt way too quickly in this magical world. A door suddenly opens abruptly from nearby.

"Oh just go already!" Yells Pinkie Pie, as she pokes her head through the doorway, then slams it shut quickly.

We both stare at the door with wide eyes that she just so happened to be behind in absolute surprise, then I shake my head after a minute or two at the same time I see that she shakes hers and laughing about it.

"That's just Pinkie being Pinkie. I think you should go." She says after half a minute or so, from us laughing, shaking her right hoof as if to entice me into going.

I grin and nod, shifting into my speed and leaving behind a blur and electric green lightning in my wake. Surprisingly, I don't create wind gusts in this world, so I smile as I rush towards the castle entrance, watching as a blue haired colt raises his hoof extremely slowly as I gallop past him at superspeed. He looks familiar, but I can't quite put a face to it.

Shame I couldn't learn how to properly fly in the time I've been here with my magic. I think to myself, running up to the station and following the train line back to Ponyville.

The train is being hauled by some earth ponies who look like they're moving as slow as a falling leaf, so I guess that the train itself ran out. I heard from Twilight that different trains use different methods of travel. I smile, then quickly step out in front of the train and zip down the track, through the tunnel and come out to see the unmistakable castle that Twilight owns.

Running through town, the freakiest thing occurs as I somehow catch Pinkie Pie, who's now cooking in Mister and Mrs Cake's store, look my way, albeit slow but way too fast for any normal pony, smile at me, wink, then go back to looking at the counter as I look ahead and narrowly miss a hovering yellow pegasus who looks like she's slowly getting frightened. I stop, slowly step around her, then zip back into the castle.

I disappear into the portal, after disabling my powers, as I realise that Sunset Shimmer might be in more trouble than previously thought. But in order to travel back home to Sunset in time, as well as see Rarity and the rest of my friends at Canterlot High, I have to make sure I find Sunset and let her know about what we've done in the time it has taken us to find anything interesting.

I want to look around for this girl I keep seeing but never end up talking to, when I find her in the room that Sunset was working in three days ago for the annual classbook and was pulling out a weird rock from her bag as she's confronting Sunset and Trixie. I quickly run towards them about to grab the stone as I saw it starting to glow, only to suddenly find myself facing up towards the ceiling, with a vague idea of what's going on. And I remember something about a message to Sunset.

The first voice I hear isn't that of Sunsets. "Huh? What was I saying? I'm sure it was something brilliant. Also," I hear a gasp and look over to see Trixie point at the clock and gasps. "How is it already three o'clock?!" Going over to the door, she jiggles the handle, only to find it locked.

Weird, it's the end of the day, but this door should be open. I think to myself, as Sunset starts freaking out.

"Is anybody out there? Somebody open the door!" She yells frantically, hoping someone will hear her as she rattles and bangs the door with us inside the room. She then proceeds to deflate emotionally down the side of the door. "If we don't get outta here and figure out who has the Stone, in a few hours, it'll be too late to restore everyone's memories. I'll lose my friends forever."

I get the sudden want to ask both girls a question, but Trixie beats me there first, by a second, word for word.

"How are we supposed to catch someone who can erase our memory every time we get close to catching them?" Trixie asks, crossing her arms just as I remember something at the same time I see Sunset pull out a piece of paper from her pocket.

"by being clever!" We say together looking between each other and the paper, then giggle as Trixie just looks at us in confusion.

"huh?"

"I wrote myself a note. 'Check the video.'." She replies, then runs over to the drone camera Twilight had been planning to use yesterday. "Yes! It's been recording this whole time!" She adds, as I see a very happy face on her.

Watching Sunset and Trixie go over the footage, and a remark about a long song, I decide to test out something that's been nagging at the back of my head since Princess Twilight said how my magic 8s extremely unique and that my body seemed to be emitting two different kinds of "vibrational energy", whatever that meant.

But whatever it was, the word vibration kept me thinking to myself, when I suddenly find myself coughing on smoke with Sunset and somehow teleporting between both sides of the door.

"Uh, just go already!" I hear Trixie say, her voice muffled by the door.

"Thanks Trixie!" Sunset replies, as we take off together in a jog, to not be yelled at for running on school grounds. "I'll never forget this!"

"Never say Never!" I hear over my shoulder, as we run through the school and out the front.

While looking for Wallflower and finding out that she'd left through the back from Melody, we thank her for the information and I wait out front as she legs it back into the school. Leaning back against the side of the statue that isn't a portal and watch the cars driving by as Melody finally gets picked up surprisingly in a white limo, before being told to shut up and not tell anyone about what I'd just seen.

"Hey Rhyan, want a lift? ... Not that you need it or anything." I hear over my shoulder after watching it pull It was Flash Sentry. "Who was that?"

"I don't know, and I'll take you up on your offer." I respond, slowly getting up from the floor. "I'm actually surprised I've been running around so much that I didn't realise how tired I felt." I added, hopping in to the nice looking car. Nice ride dude.

"Thanks! I'd been saving up for it since I joined the school with side jobs."

"Huh, must spent lots of time at the job and doing your class assignments."

He rubs his head a little, a bit sheepish as he drives back around the school, perking my curiosity.

"I was wondering, why are you here instead of any oth—?" I raise my eyebrow a little, a little curious before Sunset runs across the parking lot and making him come to a stop.

Watching the confrontation, I could see that the six girls weren't aware that we'd pulled up yet as Sunset and Wallflower are having a heated discussion.

The angry words that shocked us all the most, as I watched sunset cringe and the others all show surprise, uneasiness and shock too, just by the way they jumped.

It was just three words that finally managed to penetrate the windows from across the car park:

"I HATE YOU!"

Author's Note:

So sorry this took so long to release! I didn't know how much I wanted to stick with both the FIM world and the EG world, alongside the main story arc, but I hope I pulled this off well. I wanted to have Rhyan listen in on the arguement with Sunset and Wallflower, but weirdly it just felt right to have him come into the scene sitting in the car with Flash Sentry...

If I didn't pull it off well, please let me know in the comments!