• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 2,512 Views, 26 Comments

Equestria Girls - Lucky Chances - TheOneAndOnlyRhyanSparks



When you get involved in a car crash, nothing is usually supposed to happen to you, but for me, something happens and I struggle to comprehend it. I end up at Canterlot High. But There's one problem... I Have AMNESIA.

  • ...
9
 26
 2,512

The Unexpected Trip - Memory Mishaps, Part 2

Author's Note:

Sorry it's been so long!!! 😅

Here's the new and most recent chapter that I hope you'll all enjoy! 😄

Also, leave what you think happens next in the comments! 😄😁

I just look back towards the beach after hearing about the alternate world, still feeling reluctant to go. But after making up my mind, I decide to follow the girl. As we approached the bus, she stops after a few steps then turns to me.

"Would you, by any chance --" she says softly, whilst leaning in to whisper to me. "-- be able to use your speed to go to the portal?". She steps back. Looking like she'd just been fine with it, but I somehow felt her emotions she was giving off were contradictory to her facial expression as she stepped backwards a little bit.

I look around, wondering how she knew about my abilities. Seeing some students looking away from us, who I feel are scared or frightened of something, I shift into superspeed, pick her up and begin my sprint into Town. Along the roads I was following, it wasn't until I was passing some kind of camp in the forest when I lost my speed for a few seconds.

I don't know how, but even whilst losing it, I managed an almost perfect front flip that barely grazes the ground before I slide along on my feet, the smell of burning soles reaching my nose as she shuffles in my arms. I'm not going here again any time soon! My speed returns as I pass the camp entrance, unsure as to why I lost my speed.

Still shocked at the loss of my powers, I didn't run as fast as I was going previously, in case it happened again. But luckily, they didn't. Or at least I hope they won't. I slowly drop my speed to one that I can communicate at whilst still moving faster than a sports car.

"--ke a left. Oh, you missed the turn." I hear from her as her muffled voice speeds up and barely reaches my ears over the wind.

"Sorry, just tell me where to go and I'll get there." I reply at hopefully the same speed and tone, feeling her jump, albeit slower than normal, in my arms as I respond.

After telling me how to get to her apartment, we then head for our school, after she needed to change her appearance. I take a look around, wondering where this portal was, when her hand slowly squeezes my arm. Shifting out of superspeed, I slide towards the steps at the front of the school before I put her down.

Standing still for just a moment she appears to be a little dazed, blinking quickly. I sensed a bit of fright, but lots of a somewhat euphoric feeling. Why do I know this word? Wait a sec... And then I notice her hair and giggle a bit at it. My laughter then increases in volume, as she looks up and grabs her hair before laughing with me as she tidies it up with a brush from her bag. From her apartment of course.

"Well, that was interesting!" She says after fixing the final bit before holding her free hand out, still giggling with me. "I'm Sunset Shimmer. Nice to see you still remember me, Rhyan.". I take her hand, but I turn white when she calls me by my name. I haven't told her it yet! How does she know me? I thought in response.

Just by touching me, her eyes flash a magical white for a brief moment before she suddenly looks like she remembered something whilst giving me a caring look. Sometimes I wish I knew what what people were thinking with that face. I thought, when she just gives me a long hug out of nowhere.

"I'm sorry," she whispers reassuringly, before letting go. "I should've remembered that you still had memory issues. At least I've not been completely erased from your memories." I can't help but wonder what she means as she just holds my shoulders for a few more seconds, smiling assuringly, then starts walking towards the statue after letting go. "Are you coming or what?" She adds happily afterwards, as she turns her head around.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I respond, jogging up to her as she touches the side facing the school, making it glow around her hand before she passed straight into it. I stare is astonishment, then before anybody else can see, I just jump straight into it.

Without realising the risks, I'd jumped straight in and almost immediately regret it. In an unimaginable, indescribable feeling of pain, I feel my body stretching awkwardly as I pass through some long, rainbow coloured, magical tunnel.

My head is beginning to spin as I start to catch glimpses of Sunset ahead of me. So that's what this looks like. I think to myself, as I watch her spinning like in a vortex. Well, more like water draining from a sink.

It feels like minutes have passed since I entered, but I'm greeted with Sunset disappearing in a flash of white, followed by my sight going white as I pass through the place she disappeared from.

I didn't recall her mentioning what 'the other side' was like, but I noticed a lot of similar things, but also different at the same time. Well, apart from the impossible crystal walls of the room were in.

I start to get up, but quickly fall back down onto all fours. Wait, i'm on all fours? I look down at my hands, or what were my hands, and I was about to yell out when something similar to my own ... whatever these clamps over my mouth.

"Ssh! I don't want her to know that I've brought you here just yet!" The yellow coloured pony whispers, making sure I kept quiet. "In fact, we're early than originally planned, so I thought that maybe I could keep you calm and teach you a little about my world." She adds, making my eyes open wide and my jaw drop a little as she just giggles at my face.

I awkwardly giggle in return, expecting a fairly decent lesson of what this world is like. But as she looks me over, her eyes bug out in surprise as she just stared at me.

"Uh, is something wrong with my body?" I ask, wondering why she stopped talking.

"Oh! Uh ..." She replies, jumping at my sudden question. Right as she's about to say what she sees, the doors opened and a pony version of Twilight walks through. Sunset's face lights back up as the purple pony walks into the room.

"Twilight!"/"Sunset!" They exclaim loudly together, as Sunset stands on her hind legs, wobbles, then lands on her feet before they hug with one han-- sorry, hoof each. I shake my head a little, trying not to believe what I'm seeing as I notice Sunset coming over with Twilight.

That's going to be an issue. I think silently, as I smile and make idle conversation whilst Sunset introduces me to the Twilight she knew. But they decide to keep whatever Sunset had seen to themselves after Twilight's eyes bugged out as well.

A few minutes later, we're on the train to Canterlot, where apparently Princess Celestia and Princess Luna could be found to help out with the issues. I remember standing beside SUnset when Twilgiht was saying that she might not want to meet the princess who taught her all those years ago.

Walking through Ponyville afterwards, so many other ponies were calling out hello's and greetings, some even looked at me in surprise. The small village felt small, but despite the large number of ponies around, it was amazingly spacious. A few times, I slowed down to just marvel at the shops and versions of the ponies that I knew from the human world, before I realise that I was about to lose my friend every time.

"Howdy y'all!" Comes a voice from behind, when Twilight started explaining how she was a bit busy with Sunset and I. "heheh, okay then Twah'light! Catch y'all later!" She added with an honest smile, before turning and trotting away. I'd looked directly at Sunset afterwards, making both the females laugh at my reaction to the pony version of Applejack. I barely caught Twilight eye-roll gently at some comment from Sunset after laughing.

Anyway, back to being on the train, we've finally arrived at Canterlot and we're now walking through the town.

"I can't help but wonder what my human friends have been up to, " Twilight spoke softly, once again starting up a small conversation with Sunset.

I tuned them out as Sunset spoke about how things are going in our world, updating each other as we came up to the castle entrance. Which must have been at least the fourth time since we got onto the train. She must be very knowledgeable about friendship, after all, Sunset did tell me that before I'd met her in her castle.

I lowered my head as we come up to the entrance, noticing how big it was. But once passing through the gates, I feel completely amazed at the sight before me as we trot out into the castle court.

"Hey Rhyan," I hear from my left, sounding a little bit like how my RayRay would speak to me whenever I felt down. But this time, it's Twilight. "Sunset said she'd helped you out with her friends when you appeared in a freak storm. Is it true you don't remember anything since your arrival?" She asked cautiously. I just nodded in response.

Way to be direct about it. I think to myself, feeling a bit isolated and upset at the question, but somehow struggling to remember what happened that day. "I, uh, well I'm still try to rememb--" And that's when my arrival all came back to me vividly, making my eyes open wide. The pain in my head from trying to remember burnt strongly, after clutching my head as best I could with my hooves, I was blinded by a flash of white light, then blackness followed.

Waking up, I find myself in a soft bed, thinking that I'd dreamt being a pony from another world, but that's shot down when princip-- sorry, Princess Luna sits by the edge of my bed with glowing eyes. I jump at the sight of her, snapping her out of her magical state. Literally.

"I'm so sorry young colt! Please accept my greatest apologies." She says, sounding royal. She probably is. I think, looking around as I wobble whilst trying to stand on to my hooves. "Your friends were worried about you, but the circumstances with your sudden ... blackout had upended their original plans." She adds as I get back on to my hooves again.

"Thank you for letting me know." I reply, then notice a sleeping pony on an even softer looking bed over by the window. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but is she... adopted?" I point my left hoof in her direction.

"Oh," Luna replied, turning her head, then smiling a little bit. "Not exactly. She is my natural born. My heir." My eyes widen a little, but not enough to convey that I wasn't surprised. "I guess you know her from the other world Sunset know resides in?" I nod a little, smiling but also frowning at the thought of Pinkie's reaction whenever we've teased her about it. I go into a slight daydream state thinking about Rarity as well as how the other girl makes her faint.

"It's okay to be worried about you friend's feelings." She says out of nowhere, making me jump a bit. Her smile is gone and raises an eyebrow at my reaction. "Sunset didn't didn't tell you, did she? I can access dreams, and can rarely get the chance view daydreams, that is, if I feel like it." I just shake my head in response. "Rhyan, I've been meaning to ask you something." She adds, as we start walking out of the room.

"Go ahead." I reply, trotting along beside her as we head through the maze of hallways.

"Sunset says she'd told you about the different types of ponies in our world. Is this correct?" She continues looking ahead, her tone is very forced and I can sense it.

"Yeah, why d'you ask?" I turn to face her. "Is something bothering you?" I notice her look down my body, like she's scanning me.

Before she could speak anything else, Sunset and Twilight come back out with Princess Celestia. Some feeling of newly kindled happiness was coming from all three them. Mostly Sunset.

Without hesitation, we all go for a stroll to the library. I thought we were trying to solve Sunset's problem? I think, following them over a bridge. For a brief moment Sunset stops in her tracks to look at one of the guards, almost making me bump into her b-- uh, flank.

"Do you recognise him?" I ask, making her jump a bit. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." I add, giggling a bit.

"It's fine. And yes, I do recognise him." She replies, as we continue walking towards the library with the others.

With everything going on around me in this wonderful place called Canterlot, the use of magic is common knowledge and there are lots of Pegasi, earth ponies and unicorns. I see objects floating in a variety of coloured magical energies, males and females mingling equally. This place is very peaceful.

It wasn't until what I thought was a few hours later, that we'd find something to help Sunset and her memory mishaps with her friends.

But the bigger problem that I might be able to find answers for...

Might be here with Princess Twilight Sparkle.