• Published 13th Oct 2017
  • 963 Views, 29 Comments

Starlight's Great Adventure - Discord The Narrator



When a magic meteor strikes Equestria, Starlight will fight... against her friends...

  • ...
6
 29
 963

Precious nightmare

When the message ended, the three of them were shocked.

"Tell me that wasn't Rarity's voice..." said Starlight.

"So she is a monster too... At least she doesn't have an organ to scare other ponies until they run away, hihihi!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"Her voice sounded so different. Like she was not transformed, but possessed." thought Discord.

"In that case, confronting Rarity will be dangerous, but Sunburst and Spike are still with her." said Starlight.

After some thinking moments, Pinkie came up with an idea.

"I know! I will stay in the castle and, if you have problems, maybe the organ can be helpful!"

That was what Starlight was looking for.

"Wait a minute! Are you sure about that?" asked Discord.

"We must try. There are no many options to choose." answered Starlight.

"Then, you must go then. If I'm not wrong, Rarity is still at Carousel Boutique. You two will fight her there! Don't mess with her dresses!" said Pinkie, making them laugh with her jokes.

"Okay then. See you later, Pinkie!" said Starlight.

"Hope you can prepare some parties after all of this, Pinkie Pie!" said Discord.

"You can be sure, Discord!" answered Pinkie.

And the two heroes got out of the ancient castle, heading towards Ponyville.

________________________________

"Aaaah, not Pinkie! Not her!! Why do they have to disappear like that!?"

Midnight Sparkle was in her castle, watching madly as the map was slowly losing more information about what were her friends doing.

"Okay, calm down. Whatever it is, maybe the others can resist. But still, if I want Ponyville for myself, I need to be her queen. But how?"

And after some minutes of thinking, she came up with a sinister idea...

"Of course! My castle will be the only important building!"

Then, she sent a message for certain ponies, which were making their way...

________________________________

"I swear. If I find those ones, I will kill them!" said Scootaloo.

"Ya remember ya are not the only one, do ya? And Discord..." answered Apple Bloom.

"Throwing us some spell so we would fly away must be so fun for him, right!? I could return him the favor!!" exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

So there were those three nightmarish CMC, talking about looking for revenge upon Starlight and the others, until a little explosion was made and they received something...

"Maybe it's a message from Twilight! Open it!" said Scootaloo.

When Sweetie Belle opened it, they saw what things Twilight wanted for them...

"So Twilight wants ta have Ponyville fer her own desires..." said Apple Bloom.

"And for that, all we have to do..." said Scootaloo.

"...is get rid of the Town Hall!" finished Sweetie Belle.

And then, the CMC laughed maniacally, while going towards Ponyville to accomplish their mission...

________________________________

When our heroes arrived to Ponyville, they saw Carousel Boutique. However, the path was full of zomponies waiting to kill anypony.

"Here is the plan. I distract them while you run to the boutique." said Discord.

"Are you sure, Discord? I could help you with some spells..." asked Starlight.

"I'm really sure, Starlight. It's now or never." answered Discord.

Starlight thought about it during some seconds, and then, she came with an answer.

"Let's do it."

"Very well." said Discord.

So there were the zomponies, walking around everywhere, until they saw a certain draconequus in front of them.

"Hey guys, you know what? YOU ARE THE UGLIER ZOMPONIES IN THE WORLD!!" said Discord, mocking them.

Those cannibals growled furiously and chased after Discord, who was getting away and throwing some spells to them.

And when the last zompony disappeared, Starlight came out of her hiding spot and galloped towards Carousel Boutique, ready to open the door and discover what was happening...

________________________________

After getting out of the Everfree Forest, the Nightmare CMC finally arrived to Ponyville.

"That was a really exhausting forest walk, ya know?" said Apple Bloom.

"Yeah, but I didn't see Rainbow Dash or Trixie, even with those three big heads." said Scootaloo.

"And Pinkie's organ isn't playing itself. There's no music!" said Sweetie Belle.

"Everything turned so strange... But don't worry, girls. We got this! All we have to do is... Apple Bloom couldn't finish before they started to hear things.

Magic spells being used...

Zomponies growling...

And a very familiar laugh...

Until they saw it...

"There's Discord! He's fighting against the zomponies! We have the opportunity!" exclaimed Scootaloo, spreading her wings.

"Wait! We have a mission ta acomplish! Besides, if they cannot kill him, we'll do it." said Apple Bloom.

"You are right, Apple Bloom. To the Town Hall! said Sweetie Belle.

And then, they ran (except for Scootaloo) towards the Town Hall to begin what Twilight had told them earlier...

________________________________

MUSIC

Inside Carousel Boutique, Starlight saw no lights, just the moonlight made everything a little easier to see.

Starlight walked around until she saw Spike and Sunburst trapped in shadow coils. In front of them, she saw...

An alicorn?

With no armor?

And a purple mane?

"Oh! Good evening, Starlight Glimmer! What are you doing in such a dangerous place, darling?"

Starlight couldn't believe what she saw.

"Rarity? B-But you look l-like Nightmare Moon!" exclaimed Starlight.

"That is the same magic that transformed everypony else, dear. Everypony... except for you." said Nightmare Rarity, approaching Starlight.

"The only one different thing I see in you is that awful scarred eye. Timberjack, right?"

"Yes, she did..." said Starlight, sighing.

"But, before you say anything, it was not my fault that the meteor decided to fall on Equestria and infect everypony with its dark magic, ok??" exclaimed Starlight.

After a few seconds, Rarity talked.

"I would rather NOT judge you, dear."

"Wait, what?" asked Starlight, confused.

"It is easy to judge anypony because something bad happened, but I won't do that." said Rarity.

"You would not do it?" asked Starlight.

"Yes, Starlight. But there's still one problem. The others think you are responsible for that, so they want you sleeping... with the worms." said Rarity.

"And that means..." said Starlight.

"... I have to kill you, darling." Rarity finished the sentence, charging her horn and firing a spell...

... which Starlight narrowly avoided.

"Ok then. Let us fight, Rarity." said Starlight.

________________________________

"Hahahahaha! This was so much fun!" exclaimed Discord.

He already finished with the zomponies. His spells would leave them confused during a lot of time.

Then, he heard some noises and, being curious, he turned his head around.

"The CMC again? And they are destroying the Town Hall, hehehe." said Discord.

2 seconds later...

"They are destroying the Town Hall!! I need to tell Starlight!" he said, running towards Carousel Boutique's door.

________________________________

MUSIC

"Wait. Why is Discord trying to open that door?" asked Sweetie Belle, surprised.

"No idea. Maybe something is happening inside the Boutique." answered Scootaloo.

"It could be that. At least, he is not there. So we'll continue ta..." Apple Bloom was interrupted.

CRACK

Something appeared from the ground, trying to attack the Nightmare CMC.

"What are these golden things?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Organ pipes!" exclaimed Scootaloo.

Indeed, those were organ pipes. And they appeared at random places, attacking the zomponies but ignoring Discord's frantic attempts to enter Carousel Boutique.

"I guess Pinkie Pie isn't evil anymore!!" exclaimed Scootaloo.

"A traitor, right? We'll deal with her later! Keep going on the mission, girls!" said Apple Bloom.

________________________________

Meanwhile, the battle against Nightmare Rarity was getting bad for Starlight.

Rarity was very injured, but Starlight had more problems.

And now, she was lying on the floor...

"I must say you were quite the opponent, Starlight." said Rarity.

"You are right, Rarity. This was a tough fight for both of us." said Starlight.

"I agree with you. But this came to an end, and I have to do what the others want." said Rarity.

"Will it be harmless?" asked Starlight.

Rarity stood still for a few seconds, thinking about it. She wanted to tell her the truth, but she was Rarity, not Applejack.

So, just for making Starlight a little happy, she said:

"Yes, darling. I promise."

"Thank you." said Starlight, closing her eyes.

She heard Rarity's horn charging, and waited for the moment to come...

But it didn't came.

Instead, the door was blown up, and Discord entered fast, attacking Rarity.

Seeing the enemy distracted, Starlight run towards Spike and Sunburst, freeing them from the shadow coils, weak enough to break.

"Sweet Celestia, Starlight! We thought we were going to lose you!" said Sunburst.

"I was really scared..." said Spike.

"Don't worry, guys. I'm still alive." said Starlight, giving them a hug.

And the three of them sat around, watching as Discord and Nightmare Rarity fought each other.

________________________________

At the Crystal Empire...

Cadence, Shining Armor and Flurry Heart finally finished their hard task.

"Everypony is reformed!" said Shining, while Flurry laughed.

"It was tiring, but now we are ready!" said Cadence.

"Ponies! Come to Ponyville and fight for us!" they exclaimed in unison.

And there were they, a powerful family followed by a massive army of crystal zomponies, ready to help everypony else to reclaim Equestria as their own...

________________________________

Back to Carousel Boutique...

Nightmare Rarity lost the battle with Discord's last spell, and Starlight came by her side.

"It is just a beautiful night. I just wanted others to enjoy it." said Rarity.

"And we will, when we remember this story and spread it around. And all will recognize you as one of the greatest villains. Will you give them that happiness?" said Starlight, raising a hoof.

Rarity, seeing Starlight's hoof, raised her own and touched it.

"Of course, darling..."

After her transformation, Nightmare Rarity stood at the same place, but now as Rarity.

"Welcome back, Rarity." said Starlight.

"Rarity!" exclaimed Spike, running to Rarity's side.

"Spikey-wikey! You still look adorable..." said Rarity, giving Spike a kiss.

CRASH! BAM! CROCK!

"Oopsie-doopsie! I almost forget it! The CMC are here! And they are destroying the Town Hall!" said Discord.

"What??" said Starlight.

"I would never imagine my sister and her friends doing something like that!" said Rarity.

"You know what we have to do now, right?" asked Sunburst.

"Yes. We must beat them! Come on!" said Starlight, running towards the Town Hall, with the others following her...