• Published 13th Oct 2017
  • 962 Views, 29 Comments

Starlight's Great Adventure - Discord The Narrator



When a magic meteor strikes Equestria, Starlight will fight... against her friends...

  • ...
6
 29
 962

Sweet Apple Acres: Inside the barn

MUSIC

There were just a few meters between the group and the barn's door, when they started to see wood moving.

"Timberwolves!!" exclaimed Spike.

The always-feared beasts were surrounding them, but they were going to continue their way to the barn.

"We just have to clear the way!" said Starlight.

So they zapped, hit, avoided and "pied" the timberwolves, until they arrived to the barn's door. They opened it and ran inside, closing it before one timberwolf bit Flurry Heart.

"Ok, we are inside. Finally. Now, we have to find Applejack and..." said Starlight.

"Ah'm right there."

All of them turned to see Applejack standing at the other end of the barn, looking at them with anger on her face.

"Applejack! Good to see you!" said Starlight.

"Ah could say the same if Ah wasn't angry..." said Applejack.

"Why are you like that?" asked Starlight.

"Ya didn't protect us when that meteor fell! That's why!" exclaimed Applejack.

"I'm getting really tired of everypony blaming me about the meteor disaster, you know? It's not my fault!" said Starlight.

"Ah'm afraid you are wrong, sugarcube. As the Element of Honesty, what Ah'm telling ya is the sad truth." answered Applejack.

"Now let's stop talking about useless things. Ah have some friends who wish to say some things."

And then, green eyes started to glow from everywhere, surrounding them...

Even Applejack's eyes were glowing...

As wood appeared on her body...

"We are hungry, Starlight..."

________________________________

Starlight and the others watched with horror as Applejack began her dark transformation.

Her eyes glowed like the timberwolves' ones.
Her hooves were now covered in wood, looking more like claws.
Her teeth changed to powerful jaws.
And some small wooden pieces appeared randomly on her body.

By the end of the transformation, there was Timberjack howling at the eternal night, watching them as she waited for them to commit a big mistake.

And when the organ started to play its song again, the battle was on.

"Guys, this is the plan! Cover me and don't let the timberwolves win! I'm going to fight Timberjack!" said Starlight.

"I will help you, Starlight! I saved her once, when timberwolves attacked us, and we can do the same thing again!" said Spike.

"Ok. We need to... Whoa!" Starlight was interrupted by the sound of the door breaking. But Sunburst and Discord blocked the door, while Cadence, Shining Armor and Flurry Heart were already fighting against the other timberwolves.

"We can't hold the door all night! Beat Timberjack now!" exclaimed Sunburst.

Starlight and Spike, agreeding with that, ran where Timberjack was waiting...

________________________________

"It's so fun when your friends transform into monsters and receive even more power because I'm playing this old organ! Hahahahaha!"

________________________________

Timberjack jumped towards Spike, but he avoided the attack just for a few milimetres. Starlight took advantage of that weakness and zapped Timberjack, causing her to nearly scratch Starlight with a wooden claw.

Spike lunged at Timberjack and tried to punch her several times, at head, body...

Until he remembered he couldn't do more than some pain thanks to his smaller claws.

Timberjack growled like she was laughing, and sent Spike across the wall with a strong hit. Then, she avoided another zap of Starlight and tried again to scratch her.

The result was a poor Starlight Glimmer with a scarred eye.

MUSIC

She zapped Timberjack to another wall and conjured a mirror so she could see her face. And when she saw her scarred eye...

A powerful rage grew inside her...

"You scare my friends, then you hurt a little dragon without mercy... You even dare to give me this permanent mark! I REALLY HATE YOU RIGHT NOW! AND THAT IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH, MONSTER!" exclaimed Starlight.

Then, she charged towards Timberjack, who already recovered from the zap, and was waiting for her...

Timberjack's body was full of bruises, but it looked like she didn't care about it.

She growled something strange, but Starlight knew what was that.

"Finally, ya decided ta do somethin'! But ya lost so much time..."

"IT'S TIME TA EAT!"

She roared, receiving a scream from Starlight as an answer, before the two of them charged against each other...

________________________________

Meanwhile, Discord and the others were having troubles with the timberwolves.

"It's useless! They are going to break the door!" said Sunburst.

"Keep holding the door!" said Discord, as he used his magic to destroy all the beasts he could.

Outside the barn, Spike recovered and got up. With the timberwolves busy with the door, they didn't see the other wall broke by him.

He was hurt, but he needed to resist.

He saw an injured and "eye-scarred" Starlight fighting against a weakened but still agressive Timberjack.

He also saw the others holding a nearly broken door.

He decided to help the others; Starlight was going to win eventually, being so angry with all that was happening.

"I could run away and let them chase me, but then what? I don't wanna die!" said Spike.

Suddenly, he remembered something. Fluttershy was still waiting at the Apple Orchard.

And that gave him a really good idea...

________________________________

"This is no longer a door! It will fall!" said Shining Armor.

They thought the timberwolves were going to enter anyway, until they saw someone throwing rocks at the beasts.

"I'm here, stupid beasts! Come on! Catch me!" said Spike, running to the orchard as the timberwolves started to chase him.

Now, there was no problem with the door...

"But Spike is in danger! We need to save him!" said Sunburst.

"I don't think we have to do that." said Discord.

Just as Sunburst was going to question the Spirit of Chaos, all of them heard sounds coming from the orchard.

And when they looked, they saw bats and timberwolves fighting against each other.

"Fluttershy still communicates with the vampire bats. Amazing!" said Discord.

"Indeed. But what about Starlight?" asked Cadence.

That battle was already ending: the battle between Starlight and Timberjack. The two of them were so tired, due to big efforts they made.

________________________________

And later, after a couple of minutes, Timberjack was on the ground, with sadness on her face.

(Actually, Applejack cries on her inside...)

Starlight approached towards her, and started to talk.

"Look, I'm so sorry for saying those horrible things, but I was so nervous thanks to our battle. Please, do me a favor, and let us finish with this misery."

"Grab my hoof; I promise you won't have any problems. And that is REALLY the absolute and good truth."

Timberjack doubted, but then she gave a chance to Starlight, grabbing her hoof.

Suddenly, there was a brilliant light covering them.

And later...

"Whoa ther'! Am Ah supposed ta keep being like tis?" said Applejack, adding a few growls.

"Yes... But you will fully transform back when we defeat Midnight" said Starlight.

"Okay. Ah can wait fer that." said Applejack.

Meamwhile, Spike and Fluttershy came back to the ruined barn.

"Thanks, Fluttershy! I really thank you for your help!" said Spike.

"Um... You're welcome..." muttered Fluttershy, as she received another hug from Discord.

She saw the scarred eye of Starlight, causing her to scream a little.

"Don't worry, Fluttershy. Timberjack just scratched the eye barrier. I lost the color of it, but I still can see." said Starlight, calming down Fluttershy.

"Okay. What do we have to do now?" asked Discord.

"We will split in two groups. One will investigate the organ on the castle, and the other will go to Ponyville to find something." explained Starlight.

The others approved the idea and, bidding farewell to a still timberwolf Applejack, they went by their ways.

________________________________

Meanwhile, in the castle, the mare at the organ was losing her patience.

"Don't you wanna die? Do it so I can celebrate my great victory. IT'S NOT VERY HARD TO DO THAT THING!!"