• Published 16th Apr 2017
  • 656 Views, 7 Comments

Kill it with Fire - theomegabrony



Celestia hunts down the last of the changlings and deals with them

  • ...
14
 7
 656

Chapter 1

“Chrysalis!” The hot arid wind carried Princess Celestia’s voice clearly throughout the valley bouncing echos off the windswept rock. “I came here to seek peace with you and ask you to do the same. I came alone and unarmed let us talk!” The only response was more echos.



Celestia was sure she was here as she could feel Chrysalis's energy and several smaller signatures.



“Fine then the hard way.” Celestia’s horn shimmered briefly before a shockwave of magic rippled through the air moving out from her in all directions. Several rocks glimmered and turned back into changeling drones in response to the spell.

The uncovered sentries hissed and took aggressive postures but did not approach or attack. As Celestia cast her head about counting the drones she heard the slow steps of the approaching Queen.

“Congratulations Tia! You found us. What are you going to do now arrest us?” The insectoid Queen spat. “I would welcome a stay in your dungeon after the hell of this desert.” The obnoxious Queen said fanning herself with a hoof.

“As I said I came to seek peace with you. We have seen what your species can become. Join with Thorax and his hive, ascend and live happily among the ponies of equestria.” Celestia said loudly and clearly so that all present could hear her.

“I would never join with that Traitor!” Chrysalis seethed.

“That goes for all you as well I will guarantee you safe passage.” Celestia said looking at the drones.

“If any of you grubs turn tail on me I will kill you where you stand.” The angry Queen shouted.

“Chrysalis do not mistake my patience and charity for weakness. I have come to end this conflict once and for all.” Celestia said her matronly tone turning hard as steel. “For the third and final time seek redemption or suffer the consequences of your actions.”

“HA HA HA you wouldn't kill us even if you could. Remember Tia I've bested you before.”Chrysalis cackled.

“I let you go that day.” Celestia said her mouth turning down at the corners ever so slightly. She powered her horn and spread her wings she levitated into the air and started to rotate as pieces of armor appeared on her. It started at her hooves engraved gold plates and chain mail spreading up and across her torso inter linking plates started at the tips of her wings and worked toward barrel connecting to her breast plate a gold helm slid down onto her head. As the magic faded her hooves touched the ground she pulled a massive broadsword from the swirling aether.

The drones looked scared as Celestia’s eyes shifted from their calm magenta to a glowing orange. Waves of power started emanating from her body bringing the dust up into a vortex swirling aether that enveloped the princess of the sun.

“To all changelings present if you wish safe passage away, raise your hoof.” Celestia’s deepened voice reverberated through the valley crackling with power.

One trembling hoof rose and instantly a lethal green bolt of Chrysalis's magic zinged toward the cowering drone. The bolt never struck home as Celestia stood in front of the drone. The Green magic simply fizzled against her armor she didn’t even bother to cast a shield spell. With a flick of her magic Celestia teleported the drone away. Other hooves rose and the owners were teleported out. Soon only the evil queen stared at the embodiment of the sun.

Celestia’s hair rose on the aetherial winds swelling around her as she eyed the Sneering queen.

“It has been so long since I’ve let this much of my power out.” Celestia said flexing her front hoof and cracking her neck. “It feels good like a good stretch after a long nap. Now let me explain something to you BUG! I am an Immortal being! I was brought to life millions of years ago in the vacuum of space when my sun was first formed. I have not always fought for peace, I have lain waste to entire planets on a whim. You know not the depths of my power nor how I can wield it.”

Chrysalis was starting to show fear now as Celestia approached her.

“You think you're special, you think that you’re powerful. You are nothing but a bug to be squashed.” Celestia said as she drew even closer to the Queen. Who hissed angrily at her. “What's really pathetic you think that you a threat to me, you think this armor is to protect me from you.” Celestia whispered.

“If it's not to protect yourself that what is it for?” Chrysalis spat.

“Oh dearie it is for protection just not from an insect like you.”Celestia laughed. “It’s to protect me from the hell that I’m about to inflict on you.” And with that Celestia reached out with her magic and pulled a bolt of solar plasma down from the heavens upon herself and the Changeling Queen.

Chrysalis brought up a defensive shield out of reflex. It wouldn't hold long and she knew it the sound was a deafening roar drowning out everything except Celestia’s voice which seemed to echo through the plasma.

“You know what’s nice about solar plasma? It will tear you apart atom by atom. There will be no body nor even ash just basic elements and slag. But don't worry I will deliver you to Tartarus personally.”

“Damn you Celestia” Chrysalis screamed (Alternate ending starts here)

“I have walked alone through this universe for millions of years I have lost everyone I have ever loved. And I will live on for millennia yet to come. I will see my ponies rise to their zenith and then die away. I'd say somepony beat you to it.” Celestia said.

“Fuck youuuu!!” Chrysalis screamed as her shield failed and she but she wasn’t incinerated like she expected. The roaring ceased and her vision cleared as she was encased by a gold aura. Celestia reached forward tugging Chrysalis up so she was muzzle to muzzle with her.

“Ive changed I don’t kill anymore but I have a nice spot picked out for you in Tartarus. We will speak on you rehabilitation in a decade or so.” Celestia said and the queen offered no resistance.

Celestia let go of the bolt plasma and Looked around at the devastation she had wrought. She teleported Chrysalis to a nice cage in Tartarus she had all ready for her. Surveying the level of slag present in the now charred valley. Only one small spot had been spared utter destruction. Celestia turned to face it while mentally forcing her power away.



“You must think me a monster.” She said lowering her head as her armor dissolved. Leaving her naked, a stark white contrast to the blackened glassy slag surrounding her.



“Tia I could never think of you as anything but my love. You have been around for longer than I can imagine, but I had no idea that you had that much power. I’m sorry I wish I could take away your sorrow and I wish I could say that I will be with you for eternity but i know that’s just a wish.” A smaller purple alicorn said stepping from the boulder that had hidden her. “I do have one Question though. If you were not going to kill the Queen why the light show?”

“Because she hurt you my dear. It is one thing to attack myself or my kingdom but to hurt you Twilight… you are my heart my life. After a millenia I’ve finally opened myself up to the hope of love again. I don’t know what I would do, Twilight I honestly don’t.” Celestia said as a tear rolled down her cheek only to drip to the ground where it sizzled and evaporated.

The next tear was caught by a soft purple primary feather. Twilight lifted Celestia’s chin up with her wing and where others would see a powerful deity, a sovereign ruler of the largest and most powerful nation in the world, or even an ancient immortal. Twilight just saw her Tia’s soft pink eyes and kissed her. The soft kiss was broken shortly after it began.

“You would survive, you would endure because your pain would hurt me greater than any death I can imagine. But know this a part of me shall forever remain in your heart.” Twilight pressed her forehead to Celestia’s.

“Ok enough cryin lets go home” Twilight said powering her horn for a teleport “Your place or mine? Spike Isn’t home.”Twilight added with a small smile.

“Your’s then.” Celestia said nipping Twilight’s ear gaining a small yelp and a flash of teleportation.