• Published 8th Jul 2012
  • 629 Views, 9 Comments

The Unexpected Alicorn - Bright Eclipse



A unsuspecting unicorn puts in motion events that will give birth too a new alicorn princess.

  • ...
 9
 629

The Two Sisters

Luna sat at her desk in her chambers atop one of the towers in the Castle she and Celestia called home. She looked at the letter laying on her desk with interest, what the griffon kings were proposing could mean better relations between the two countries for years to come. But like always there were risks... "Luna?" The kind voice of her older sister shook her from that unpleasant train of thought. "Yes? What is it?" Luna was more than a little irritated, while it had been a unpleasant train of thought her sister knew that these matters required her full attention. "You're doing it again"

"Doing what?" Luna said, curious

"whenever you start thinking particularly hard about one subject, you start to frown, your horn glows slightly and its like i can almost see the gears turning," Celestia smiled "It's the Griffons again isn't it?"

How does she always seem to know what I'm up to? Luna thought to herself "Yes, its this proposal of theirs, if we give them the iron and steel they desire it will put is at disadvantage with our own supplies drained and their's increased" Luna paused to collect her thoughts "But if they truly have no desire to attack us then we will be making a alliance with the worlds most powerful military, besides Equestria's of course." Luna could not help but add in that bit about Equestria, she loved her country and had helped found it, why shouldn't she be proud? "Luna, perhaps you should take a break," Luna tried to get a word in but Celestia cut her off "I know you must attend to your duties, but it sounds to me like you have the situation under control." Luna couldn't help but smile, knowing her sister would not rest until she took her advise and had herself a break. "Very well Celestia, but only a brief one, does that seem fair to you?"

"I am not the one you should be asking, does it seem fair to you?"

Luna hesitated "well...perhaps not too brief." This brought a laugh out of Celestia and they walked down the maze of corridors together. After a walk through the gardens, and a quick trip into the kitchens, Luna walked with Celestia to her room. It was time for the sun to rise. They both stood together on the balcony together, but only one began to take flight. Celestia flew up just as the moon began to fall, and her horn glowed with massive amounts of magic. Her wings fully extended, and her horn glowing as bright as the sun itself, Celestia looked like a true ruler when she raised the sun. Then, gradually, the sun began to rise and Equestria was bathed in the light of morning. Celestia descended down to the balcony landing gently, expecting a fairly easy day from here on.

Sadly that was not the case, a barely visible dark form was flying toward Canterlot in the steadily brightening day. While Luna went inside to sleep through the day, Celestia stayed outside to watch the sunrise. The shadow was steadily becoming more and more distinctive and less of a dot on the horizon, and yet the princess was to distracted by the view of Canterlot to notice. Luna slowly walked to her bed and climbed into it, pulling the curtains closed with magic. Just as she began to close her eyes there was a loud crash and the distinctive noise of crumbling stone, Luna was out of bed and galloping down the corridor, closely followed by two of her personal guards.