• Published 8th Jul 2012
  • 629 Views, 9 Comments

The Unexpected Alicorn - Bright Eclipse



A unsuspecting unicorn puts in motion events that will give birth too a new alicorn princess.

  • ...
 9
 629

The Return

The old unicorn hesitated, then the knife quickly slashed sideways. Night Mare Moon winced and watched for a moment as Dark Phantom fell to the floor, then turned her attention to the basin. The severed horn had fell into the fiery basin and was sparking and smoking while around it the elements of disharmony were beginning to glow bright red. And slowly one by one, they melted until the basin was filled with molten glowing metal, within the pool of metal the horn floated up and exploded into a shower of silver sparks that upon hitting the lava created a sizzling sound. The lava cooled and turned into obsidian then, with there vessels no longer able hold them, the souls of the elements of disharmony floated up trying to escape the underground prison that had held them for so long. The spirit smiled and her horn glowed, for even as a spirit her magic was still something to be feared, the elements were ensnared in a black glow and drifted toward the spirit. The old unicorn was starting to regain some sense through the waves of pain, and noticed with mixed surprise and confusion that the elements still looked very much alive. "What...why?" he managed to say before submitting to the pain, meanwhile the elements drifted together and condensed into a singe entity and the faint outline of a large mare could be seen.

Finally, after such a huge setback, she was in the mortal world once again. Once again her voice could be heard. The still forming form of Night Mare Moon shifted her gaze to Dark Phantom, and she casted a spell that would take away the pain, save a slight throbbing. "You have went against everything you believed in and have helped the coming of eternal night, so" she smiled as the old unicorn looked at her, mouth open in surprise "I shall grant you a quick death."
Her horn glowed black, and the old unicorn saw no more.

Night Mare Moon walked outside the mouth of the cave and stretched her wings and gazed fondly at the moon. "Soon I will have my revenge, and the sun will never rise again." She ascended into the night sky feeling happier then when she had hurled Celestia through that mountain...