• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 315 Views, 6 Comments

The Tale Of Two Friends - The_Unknown_Creators



The story about two friends, Boostrot and Currency Compass. Trying to survive a fate that isn't very kind to them

  • ...
 6
 315

Chapter 8: Poison Threat

Five months had passed since the incident happened, and life was going great for Boost and Currency. Boost had managed to get a small job, and with the money he earned, he could buy a house for himself. And as for Currency, she had managed to work with Twilight on plans to build a new and improved library, to replace the one destroyed by Tirek. In fact, Currency had finished the final designs with Twilight in her castle, and had just left, when she took notice of Boost nearby town square.

She shouted, "Hey Boost!"

"Huh?" He turned to see her, "Oh, Heya Currency!" He ran to her, "How is it going?"

"Good!" She said a little wearily, hugging him, "just finalized the plans for the new library with Twilight!"

"Cool! I was about to go to Blue's house. He told me he wanted me to see something."

"Oh! Do you mind if I come along?" She asked sheepishly.

"Sure!" he replied. And at that, they began to walk in the direction of Blue's house.

On the way, she said to him, "we're planning to build the library out of marble, so we can offer stark contrast to the rest of the town, maybe give it an arnachrim style, I think every pony is going to love it!

"That sounds great! He said, wondering what arnachrim even meant. "So, you are living with Twilight in the meantime?"

"Yep..." she muttered, "She is a really neat pony to get to know, wise beyond her years..."

"I can tell, For a pony who saved equestria tons of times, she must know and have seen a lot..."

"Yeah.."

A minute later, they arrived at the house, it being normal and run down as usual, except for it's repaired door.

"Well, Here we are," Boost said. He then proceeded to knock on the door, a bit more carefully than normal. "Blue! I'm here!" he yelled.

"Coming!" Bluespark said from inside.

Currency waited silently with him on the doorstep, taking the chance to look around the entryway, noting a number of cobwebs and cracks in the walls.

He then opened the door. "Ah, you're here! And... Oh! Miss Currency! Welcome! I didn't know you would be coming!" He greeted her with a hoof shake. "Well, Come in! Come in you two!"

"Thank you!" Currency said.

When they went inside, It wasn't much different since the last time they were there. Currency smiled as she looked around at his numerous contraptions and potions.

"So, Blue. Why did you want me here?" Boost asked.

"Oh, Its just that I just finished my newest creation!" He then went to his potion stand and took out a White potion. Currency looked at it, a little curiously.

"You might remember it from the last time you were here Miss Currency," Blue went on, "So im not going to go into more details, but i'll say that it's a paralyzing potion."

"Let me guess... You want me to test it?" Boost said.

"Well... Yeah. But don't worry, this potion its totally harmless! And its effects should last a couple of hours i presume. So you should be fine."

"A couple of hours?" asked Currency a bit skeptically.

"If my calculations are correct, The potion effects should last two to four hours, and i already have a company wanting to buy the potion if it works! And for a lot of money!"

Currency was silent at this remark.

Blue went on, "Ok, and i just need you to try it Boost."

"Well... If you say so..." he muttered. "This isn't the first time you've done something like that." He then took the potion, and looked at it for a moment.

Currency asked, "Are you sure Boost?"

"This isn't the first time Blue has used me as a test subject. And I have always got out of it uninjured in the end!"

"Well, alright...if it's safe..."

He then proceeded to take out the bottle cap, the smell that came out of it wasn't a very pleasurable one, but tolerable. "Well... Here we go..." He then proceeded to drink the contents of the bottle.

"Agh... This tastes horrible..."

Currency twitched uncomfortably.

Blue watched with a notepad and a pen. "Hmm...."

A minute later, Boost's stomach started gurgling.

"Ugh... I don't feel so well.... Blue? Are you sure you made this safe?"

"Of course... lets not think of that. We are doing this for science!"

But as the time passed, None of the signs of a paralyzing potion were noted, and his stomach didn't stop churning.

"Oww... It hurts so much..." Boost grappled his arms around his belly as he laid on the floor.

Currency stared a little shocked, and ran towards him. "Boost! What's happening!?"

Breathing hard he said "It hurts... Like something building up inside of me..."

Worried she said, "Blue! What can you do about this!?"

"I- I dont know! It was supposed to hurt a bit, But not that much!"

Then suddenly, The two noticed something in Boost's belly.

Suddenly, it started growing, and the pain didn't stop there. "Its working!" Blue said, a bit relieved.

"What is!?" yelled Currency, "There is nothing working here!"

"Whats happening to me?!" Boost yelled, now crying because of the pain.

"Don't worry!" Blue tried to assure him, "I told you it had different effects but with the same purpose!"

Boost now was growing larger, And in matter of minutes he was now taller than Currency. And the pain only continued.

"This needs to stop!" Yelled Currency, "Is there a way to reverse this!?"

At this point his body started to throw off the shelves all his machines and inventions.

"God no!! Not that!" Blue said, now fully convinced that something had gone wrong.

Currency in the meantime, attempted to use a spell to stop Boost's growth, which only slowed it down.

"Please... Make it stop..." Boost said, now in agony.

"We are trying Boost! Hang in there!"

Now his body started to occupy all the room in the house, starting to push the two against the walls.

"Should I puncture him!?" Currency yelled.

"No! That would kill him! And probably us at this point!" The pressure was building up inside the house, and the less than sturdy walls started creaking.

"Ok, everyone calm down!" Said Currency with a sure voice. "We can get through this...somehow..."

"Agh!! Here it comes!!!"

The pressure was so much, that the whole house gave way. It exploded, releasing Boost from all the external pressure and launching Blue and Currency a few meters away. Ponies outside stared at this new development with sudden alarm, and began to run from the spot screaming in fear. When Blue got up and put his glasses back, he was shocked by seeing his friend transformed into a massive ball. "Oh... god...what have i done..." Thankfully, Boost has stopped growing.

Currency had landed with hard impact against a tree, knocking her out and bending the tree a little. He went Immediately to tend to her.

"Miss Currency!? Are you ok!?"

She slowly woke up, "Ugh... wha... what happened?"

"See for yourself." He said.

She then saw the giant green ball with legs that was Boost.

"Oh...dear Celestia..." She got up. "Where is Twilight... maybe the mane six can contain him..."

"I think she is at her castle, But with the size of him I think she has already noticed it."

Sure enough, Twilight came flying towards the spot and landed beside them.

"What in Celestia's mane is going on!" she said with shock. "What happened to Boost!?"

"I... just tested my newest potion on him... But i didn't know that it would develop into this... I didn't intend it!"

Twilight eyed him a little suspiciously, "Tested? Why would you...sigh, lets just save Boost, then we can talk"

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry! I didn't know this would happen."

Pinkie Pie ran up to the spot as well, "OH MY GOODNESS! Boost is a like a balloon!

"We need to get whatever it is filling him out, out of him!" said Currency, gazing fearfully at Boost.

"Oh, I know what to do!" Yelled Pinkie. She ran towards Boost and began to climb him. They could hear the screams of pain of Boost as she climbed. Pinkie, after several moments of uncomfortable escalation, reached the top of Boost."

"Pinkie Pie!!! Stop!!! You are hurting him!!!" Blue yelled at her.

"Don't worry!" She yelled down, "I've got an idea!"

"Somepony get her down!" shouted Blue frantically. "She can end up making him explode!"

Pinkie yelled down again, "Don't worry! I know what I'm doing!"

She began lightly hopping up and down on him, causing boost to exhume some of the liquid through his mouth. They could see the expression of suffering in Boost face. "Pinkie!" Currency shouted, "Stop!"

"Don't worry Boost..." pinkie whispered, "You'll be fine..." Somehow, the pain on his face lessened, as he was drained more and more of the juice.

Then in the middle of it, Pinkie might have jumped a bit too vigorously, and a blast of the substance hit Currency, getting her all wet.

"Agh!"

Pinkie Pie didn't noticed and kept hopping on him, making another blast of substance hit Twilight.

Blue yelled, "Pinkie pie!!! Stop!!!"

She stopped briefly. "What? Oh..." she said. "Sorry..."

"Agh..." said Twilight, "what is this stuff!?" Then, Currency began to slowly inflate, starting with her stomach.

"Oh no..." she mumbled. Twilight began to inflate as well.

"Oh no! Inflated Currency!" Shouted Pinkie Pie.

"Pinkie!" Yelled Twilight, "Now's not the time for jokes! Help!"

"You drank the potion!?" Asked Blue to Currency worried.

"No..." she murmured, as she slowly grew, "it just splashed all over...me... ow..."

Now Boost, crying said, "I'm sorry... I didn't meant to do it..." She smiled weakly at him before her face began to inflate.

"Can i do something to stop this!?" Blue yelled now in confusiĆ³n.

"You're the one that made it blue!" Said twilight, her body inflating even more, "i'm sure that you could find a....ow... cure!"

"I can't! My house and all my stuff is destroyed!"

"Then find a potioneer who can maybe!"

"Ooh! I know!" Said pinkie immediately, "You could go to Madame Secora! I'm sure that she has everything to fix this!"

"Zeca- what?!" Blue said.

"Yeah!" She continued, "She's a zebra that lives in Everfree Forest, and she's a great potion maker. She's also an evil enchantress that does evil-"

"F- fine! How do i find her!?"

Twilight said with great effort, "You.. can find her easily... just... follow the path..and find her hut.."

"Please hurry!" Boost said, with great agony.

"I will! Hold on everyone!" He then began to run into the direction of the forest. and in a few minutes, he reached it's edge.


He looked inside for a moment, took a deep breath, and said, "Don't worry boost. I'll save you." He then ran inside the forest.

He spent several minutes wandering aimlessly in the forest, time was pressing. He looked around, searching for her, but he had never seen a zebra before, so he was at a loss. And to avoid any danger, he had his horn charged to fire a spell.

It was only a matter of time before he spotted a light in the distance. He looked closely at it. Hoping it was her hut. As he ran towards it, the light vanished.

"Huh... Hello? Is some pony there?" He said nervously. He then saw another light, much like the last one, he ran towards it. "Hello? Uhhh.. Zecora? If its you... I need help!"

The light vanished again, something was definitely wrong here. He looked around desperately, trying to look for any living form. He then noticed a strange blue light that seemed to emanate straight ahead of him.

"Huh?" He looked at it closer, but couldn't see what it was, it was blurred. He readjusted his glasses and walked closer. He soon realized that he was walking through... Poison Joke.

"What the..." He then realized what the flower was, and jumped off of it "No no no! Not this!!"

The next thing he knew, his hooves were strapped to two pairs of roller skates, causing him to fall down.

"What is happening!?!" he said as confused as ever. He tried to get up again, but couldn't get a standing on the ground, so he collapsed again. He continued to struggle on the ground, unable to stand up. "What is going on!? Some pony! Help!?"

A figure rushed forward from the trees, holding a lantern and wearing a cloak. Blue fell silent.

"What brings you into this forest young one? I can see that you have a struggle to be won."

He looked up at her. "Help me... I can't move..."

The figure took off her hood, revealing a zebra with numerous rings around her neck, and some hanging from her ears. She had a white and grey mane, and other strange trinkets hung from her person.

She helped blue up on his skates, the latter initially scared of her.

"Fear not my friend, I know the cure, for the Poison Joke has great allure..."

"Are you... madame Zecora?" he asked a little timidly.

She smiled, "Indeed I am, how could you tell? Or maybe you met some pony that knows me well?

"Yes, Your friend Pinkie Pie told me. And i need your help... Two friends of mine are affected by this potion i made, they are huge, inflated! And now my whole house is destroyed. I came because they told me you were the only one that can make potions here. Even Princess Twilight was affected! Can you please help?"

She frowned. "If its your house you want back, i cannot give aid, but your friends, I will do my best to have a cure made.

She took him by the hoof and guided him to her hut in the forest, with Blue hanging on for dear life, yet having fun with the skates at the same time. Her hut turned out to be a giant tree refurbished for her needs. She brought him inside, and Blue was amazed by all the vials, potions, and other strange trinkets hanging on shelves or on tabletops.

""Wow... This place is great." He said.

Smirking, she pulled out a cauldron.

"So, what do we need to do?"

"For now, I think I can make the drought, but in that state, you would avail it not!" She handed him what looked to be a bottle of herbal lotion. As she filled the cauldron with hot water, she said, "Take a bath in this herbal mix, and then your ailment we will be able to fix."

She pulled out another cauldron and began to mix ingredients into it.

"You... Are not going to cook me alive right?"

Slightly amused, she continued, "I see no reason why to add you to a meal, now sit quietly there, and see how your condition will feel."

"Uhh... Ok..." he said a little uneasily. He then went to the cauldron with difficulty. But the task to get in turned out to be a bit difficult. Zecora walked over to him and helped him up into the cauldron.

"Thank you" He said as he got in.

Within a few minutes of being soaked, the skates slowly dissipated off his hooves, the remedy seemed to work.

"Wow... Amazing... Thank you miss!"

Madame Zecora turned to him, holding a bottle of some strange grey liquid.

She replied, "Now that the cure for that poison threat is done, you must finish what you have begun." She handed the bottle to him.

After examining it for a brief moment, he said, "Thank you miss! I'll repay you somehow, i promise!"

After bidding her goodbye, he proceeded to run through the forest, undaunted by any fear of evil in its dark reaches, and emerged out into the sunlight.

Over the hills, across the bridge, and finally into Ponyville, he ran as fast as he could, into the area where his friends were. At this point, his friends were huge, they had nearly grown to the size of town hall. The ponies around had vacated the area, except for the remaining 5 of the Mane Six, who were gazing in fear at the inflating ponies.

His jaw dropped. "Sweet mother of..." He looked in horror.

"Oh dear.." muttered Fluttershy, "how big are they going to get?"

"I don't know, but we'd better think of something, and fast!" Replied Rainbow Dash, looking nervously above.

"I've got the cure! We need to give it to them fast before something worse happens!" Blue yelled, surprising the group.

"Oh! You found it!" Said Pinkie in a relieved manner.

Applejack said, "Now comes another problem, how are we gonna give it to them?"

"Miss Pinkie! Do what you did earlier and climb them!" He handed the potion to her.

"Oh! Ok!" She started to climb Boost. Boost began to scream again in agony, clearly a full grown pony holding on in his flesh was a horrible feeling. When she reached the top, she grabbed his jaw, moved it with effort, and poured a bit of the potion into him. He swallowed it, coughed, and slowly started to deflate, to which Pinkie pie jumped with great distance across to Twilight.

And in matter of minutes, Boost's body started to deflate. Pinkie proceeded to climb Twilight, and did poured more of the liquid into her mouth, who eventually started to deflate. Then she proceeded to do the same to Currency.

A moment of relief came, Until they noticed the three couldn't get up. Currency moaned in pain. Boost was trying his best to get up, and Twilight could only move her eyes around at her friends. They were incapable of any movement.

"But they need to get to a hospital!" Remarked Rarity, with slight discomfort.

"What are we waiting for? lets go!" Blue said. He lifted Boost with his magic, "Rainbow dash, Fluttershy, Carry Currency, and Applejack and Rarity carry Twilight!" Nodding, they proceeded to carry them to the hospital.

When they arrived, they were accommodated almost immediately, and were rushed into the emergency room.

"It hurts so much..." Boost said.

"Don't you worry," said the doctor, who rushed to their side, "You'll be fine... well, somehow.."

"What do you mean?" Blue said. "He will be totally fine right?"

"Well, let's hope so..." And at that, they closed the door on Blue and the remainder of the mane six

"Why does it hurt so much when i try to move doctor?" Boost asked, wincing after saying it.

The doctor replied a bit ruefully, "Well, we think that your muscles have been torn and wrecked by the expansion of your body..."

Currency let out another painful moan, causing Twilight and Boost some concern.

"Will i be able to move again?" he continued.

"With hope, yeah..." he muttered.

He sighed, and looked over at Currency again. She seemed incapable of speaking, and was silently twitching on the bed.

"Boost..." mumbled Twilight, "Are... are you ok?"

"No..." He said. "I feel horrible..."

"Well," said the doctor, "maybe you'll feel better after the surgery."

Boost's eyes widened in shock. "S- Surgery!?"

"Well, we have to find out some way to get your muscle and skin mass structurally stable."

He inched away from the end of the bed, "No, Please!"

"You won't be awake for it," said the doctor, "We knock you out with anesthetics!"

"Please, Don't do that to me..." continued Boost, in growing fear.

"Would you rather stay like that?" The doctor asked him sort of harshly.

Boost looked down, then looked at him again. "I... I...I won't feel anything..?"

"Not during the procedure at least!"

He sighed, "Fine... When its going to be..?"

"Well, we will have everything ready in a moment."

Twilight muttered, "Boost.. he needs to go first... Take him first..."

"Why me..? Do i really need it the most..?"

"Yes... she replied weakly."

"Well", said the doctor, "I need to go oversee preparations, all three of you are going at the same time into different rooms. I'll be back in a bit.

And at that, after politely bowing to the three of them (two in consciousness), he left the room.

Twilight struggled in her bed unable to make any decent movement. In slight contempt, she asked, "What... exactally happened...Boost? Blue was...experimenting on you?"

"Well..." he replied, "Blue said he finished a potion and he needed me to test it. Just like he did earlier with other potions. He also said that a company was willing to buy it once it was tested. This was supposed to be a paralyzing potion with other effects as well, but... you can guess what it does."

"Why on earth did he test it on you..."

"It's not the first time he's done that... We've done this multiple times... But something like this...it's never happened... maybe because he's tested more simple potions... Because when i was wanted, we tried not to make too much attention. But yeah... That's how it went..."

Twilight sighed, she appeared conflicted about Bluespark, as so much had gone wrong.

"He's a good friend, he was always at my side when i needed it the most... I'm always grateful to him. So thats the way to repay him for how he helped me."

He paused for a moment.

"If i can tell you..." she continued, "I already had feelings that this would go wrong before drinking it... But I knew that it would've helped Blue a lot if I drank it... So i did."

"Well, I suppose I can understand that, but I'm not sure other ponies will..." Twilight replied a bit skeptically.

"Just to help him..." He sighed and closed his eyes.

The doctor came back in, accompanied by several medical aids wheeling three gurneys.

Slowly and softly, they carried Boost onto the gurney, reassured that everything was safe, yet still very fearful of the idea of surgery. Twilight, smiling at him weakly, watched them carry Boost into the surgery room, while Boost in turn saw Currency's gurney go into the other room.

When Boost went into the room, he was initially creeped out by the tray of surgical instruments and tools on a nearby table.

"Are you ready Mr. Boostrot?" asked the head surgeon.

"Ready as i'll ever be... he mumbled.

"Alright, now just relax...this won't hurt a bit..." he pulled out the anesthetic syringe.

"Oh god..." he said.

"Don't worry, just...relax..."

He injected the serum into Boost, causing him to slowly drift off to a deep sleep.

As the surgeons got ready for the procedure, one of them noticed the giant scar on his belly.

"Oh..." she muttered. Since he never had surgery before, they wondered why was it were there. As a security measure, they thought to see what was inside him there.

"Well, why not.."

"Right then..." One of them prodded the scar.

"Eesh..." They noticed that his stomach was twice as big, but the signs of it being totally unharmed it means that Boost got it prior to the incident.

Soon enough, they went on with the procedure.



As they began to gain access to Boost's insides, they proceeded to put tiny structures in where the skin would supposedly go, so it would eventually shift back to normal. His arms, legs, and head were easy to shape almost to normal, and they were nearly done, when the unexpected happen.

The beeping of his heartline was normal for most of the operation's duration, but it soon sped up, causing the doctors concern. His heartbeat was slowly but surely decaying.

"What!?" said the lead surgeon in shock. "But how!?"

Upon noticing the monitor, he rushes to his side. His heartbeat was going down at an alarming rate. 100 bpm, Then 90, then 75. He could die at any minute.

"We are losing him!" He rushed to perform CPR, which slowed the decline of his heart beat, but could not stop it. It was stable, but for how long?

While pressing down on his chest, he felt something weird in his heart...almost like a small bump in his skin.

"What in the.."

He turned to the other operators in a controlled panic, "Somethings wrong with his heart! We need a transplant, NOW!"

"But what's his blood type!?" one of the mare operatives shouted in shock.

"There has to be someone that knows! Get that friend of his from the waiting room, hurry! There isn't a moment to loose!"

Nodding, she left the room frantically, and returned with a startled Bluespark, who was napping while the procedure went on.

"What's going on!?" he yelled. Why do you need..." He then glanced at Boost. "Oh god Boost!!" He rushed at him. "What's happening to him!?"

"I don't know! We had to revive him! Somethings in his heart... and its killing him!"

"In what!?" he said shocked.

"It... feels... metallic..." said one of the aides.

"What is this thing doing there doctor!?" said Bluespark now throughly worried.

"I have no clue! We didn't put it there!" He replied. "We need to do a transplant, what blood type does he have?"

"Um....um...it's written in my book i think! Shoot...it's still at home!"

"Your a unicorn!" said the female surgeon. "You could summon it maybe!"

"Oh!" He closed his eyes, sparks flew out of his horn, and his journal appeared out of nowhere. He immediately sifted through the pages, found the passage that he was looking for, and yelled,

"Its B+!" he fell on the ground, exausted by the force of the spell.

The female surgeon immediately rushed into the nearby storage room, and took out a box of what looked to be refridgerated hearts, with the label, B+.

The head operator glanced at Blue in a thankful manner, took the heart from the nurse, and with the aid of the other operatives, began to get to work on his heart.

When they reached their way to the heart, they found the root of the problem. A strange, small device was planted on Boost's heart, and was pulsating in a sickening way, it was pumping toxins throughout Boost's heart.

"What in Celestia..." the doctor muttered, initially startled by this new development. Delaying no longer, brandished the surgical knife, and began the transplant.

After a few long minutes of tension and anxiety, the surgeons broke away from Boost, having successfully implanted the heart into his body, and removing the defective one from him. After sewing him back up together, they finally broke away, their hands covered in blood.

"Oh... god..." said Blue, who passed out from the overwhelming sight. With the new heart, Boost seemed more stable now. He was going to live.

"We've done it... well done everyone!"



The next day, Blue went to visit Boost in the hospital, just to find him and Currency having dinner in their beds, Boost had a huge patch in his chest.

Currency seemed to be in the middle of telling a story, as revealed by both of their amused expressions.

"Heh, so I said to him, 'What!? Surely the ones back at home aren't as dangerous as the ones here!'"

Boost, laughing, looked over towards the door, and a huge grin spread across his face.

"Blue!" He said.

"Hello there Blue!" Currency said.

He then proceeded to hug Boost crying.

"I'm so sorry, I'm a horrible friend... I shouldn't have tested that potion on you!"

Boost patted his back. "Its alright Blue, I forgive you. At least i'm still alive."

"But there's still the question of this..." said Currency, raising up the device that was attached to Boost's heart.

"Hm... Can i see it?" Blue asked curiously, breaking away from the embrace.

She handed it to him, he looked at it, It was some type of cube with metallic tentacles now cut because of the surgery.

"It appears that this thing was injecting some kind of toxins into Boost's heart. The only question now, is how did this thing got inside of him...because I'm certain that the potion had nothing to do with it.

"And why..." Currency added. Then, She remembered Boost's telling of his father's experiments on him.

"Wait..."

"Hm..? What is it Currency?"

"I don't know... it reminds me of a parasite that I dealt with though... well, a virus...back in my old days I mean..."

"Oh really?" Boost said.

"Yeah, CC13 influenza it was called... But this, this is no parasite, but... like a torture device."

"More like a killer one." Blue said. Then suddenly. One of the sides of the box opened. Revealing a camera looking directly into Boost. They were shocked about this.

"What is that!?" Boost said. The camera looked at Boost for a moment. Until it went back to the device.

"Destroy it, quick!" Shouted Currency.

A familiar voice came from the device, "As you wish..."

Then the device beeped and exploded in front of them, sending Blue to the other side of the room and destroying his glasses.

"Blue!" They both shouted in sudden alarm. The nurses came in because of the explosion.

"What happened in here!?" asked Nurse Redheart shocked.

"The machine! It exploded in Blue's face!" Boost said. "Help him! Please!"

Rushing to his side, they examined him, one of them saying, It looks like his glasses got the brunt of the explosion.

He started to wake up. "Ugh... i didn't expect that..."

"It's him..." muttered Currency.

"I know... I know... agh..." He got up and took his glasses. One of the lens was broken and the other fell on the floor, Shattered into pieces. He sighed. "It took 3 weeks to make this glasses..." he threw them in the trash can. "What are we going to do now?" He asked a little grumpily.

"I dont know..." Boost answered. He looked at Currency. She was deep in thought. "Currency, you always had the best plans. You said you've went through so much before... Please tell us we can deal with this."

Currency looked over at Boost, a skeptical look was on her face, she was too humble enough to admit it.

"Boost, I didn't plan for many things that happened to me, they just happened, I'd be a fool to deny it. I'm just a mare. But I'll tell you this, we will find him. And we will make sure that he never harms any pony again."

He smiled at her. "I'm sure we will."

They were silent for a few minutes, then Blue said,

"Geez...what am I going to tell that company about that potion...sigh..."

Boost, also sighing, said, "I just wonder why he did all of this to me...my father of all people..."

"I wouldn't like to imagine..." Currency said, still deep in thought. "Some reason beyond the three of us I'd think..."

"Well... Not the next thing its to get out of here... said Boost, but with all these problems... I think it will take time..."

"Indeed, and we need to be prepared somehow." said Blue confidently.

And be prepared, we will. Said Currency. Smiling at the two.

And at that, they waited. But their spirits weren't broken, and they would be ready to fight Gladtrot when the time came.