• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 315 Views, 6 Comments

The Tale Of Two Friends - The_Unknown_Creators



The story about two friends, Boostrot and Currency Compass. Trying to survive a fate that isn't very kind to them

  • ...
 6
 315

Chapter 1: The Meeting

"Are you sure you want to do this Boost? You know the Everfree Forest is a dangerous place!", Bluespark said worried.

"I know Blue," Boostrot replied, "its just... that i'm tired of murdering people every time i express myself. Waking up with tons of blood on my body is horrible!"

Blue looked at his potion stand and let out a sigh. "Its just that I worry about you. You are my closest friend, I don't know what i could do without you!"

Boost put his hoof on Blue's shoulder. "I'll be fine Blue. Don't worry about me. I need to do this alone," he said, looking at him with a emotionless expression on his lips.

Blue looked at him, they stayed in silence for a moment.

"I promise, will find a cure," Blue said. "I will release you from this curse Boost," said Blue.

"I know you will," Boostrot said with a smile.

With a final goodbye, Boostrot left Blue's house, to begin his new life, in the dark depths of Everfree Forest.



He stood still in the entrance of the forest, Looking at the danger sign displayed in front of him. And in his mind he thought,

"My new home..."

He let out a sigh and walked inside the forest.

As the days passed, he collected food and water from the forest to survive in his new home, along the way learning how to avoid it's dangers, such as Poison Joke and Timberwolves.

But one day, something unusual happened, something he would never quite forget.

As usual, he was collecting some fruit from the overhanging trees, when he felt a chill run down his back.

"Huh? Weird.." He muttered. He then resumed collecting his meal.

Minutes later, he felt the same sensation again. It was stronger now, and it was followed by a sound he couldn't understand, almost like a whisper.

As soon he heard it, he turned around with an expression of fear in his face.

"W- Who's there!?" He whispered into the darkness.

No reply came...

Shrugging off the sound, he got back to collecting his meal, definitely more wary of his surroundings than he was a few moments ago, until he heard it once again.

"Who's there!?" He yelled into the blackness.

A strange voice, a female's voice, whispered, "Please... please..."

He looked around nervously, searching for it's origin. But no one was present, though some sort of movement like wind could be heard, behind the nearby bushes.

He yelled, "Dont come nearby! You can get hurt!"

The voice replied, "if only I could be hurt..."

He tried to calm down as his heartbeat reached his limit. Many thoughts passed through his head due to this unexpected reply.

"Wh- who are you?" He said.

A strange shape appeared in front him, like an orb of black light, but which then materialized into the form of a mare, or at least, Boost thought it was a mare. It's lamp-like eyes peered through the darkness at Boost, and seemed to generate an aura of much sorrow.

"I don't know..." It said.

He couldn't understand what was happening. Who was this spirit?

He took some steps back from it. Then he asked, Well, then what are you?"

"I- I am a shadow... " it replied. that's all I've ever known... a shadow of my former self... I cannot remember who I was... or what I did... or why this curse is on me..."

There was silence between the two for a moment.

She then asked, "Why are you here in this accursed place? Are you...real?"

"I live here", He said. "And yeah, I'm real..."

It continued to stare at him in a confused way. "Why?" it asked.

He stayed in silence. He didn't wanted to tell just anypony about his curse.

"You may call me Shadow," it said, "Or Shade... it makes no difference to me...I am nobody... what is your name?"

He looked at the ground and said "I'm... Boostrot."

"Boostrot..." More silence followed. "Would you know my name?" Shade asked curiously. "I would do anything to hear it again... Anything really..."

He just wanted to run away, But he knew that this mare needed help. He then reunited his will and said,

"Is there a way of removing this curse from you?"

Pausing for a moment, Shadow recited, "The curse, the curse.. of shadow and night...spawn of that terrible blight...only by finding my name and past, shall the spell be ended at last...".

He stood there, thinking of ways to help her, initially startled by this line. Then he asked,

"How long have you been like this?"

She closed her eyes for a bit, then said, "I do not know, it has been too long.. it has felt like eternity..."

At the sound of this statement, he thought that she had been too long like this. Maybe history books could help her?

Shadow looked down, contemplating something unknown to her, very helpless in her form of suffering.

He took the bag he was carrying, and then began to search inside it. He then took out a book of Brief Equestrian history.

"You think this can help you?"

She looked at it, "maybe..." she replied. Then she proceeded to read it.

A few moments later, she murmured, "Wait... I..." She started to have a familiar notion. "I remember something..." More feelings started to engulf her.

"A mighty castle... a thunder battle on its mighty turrets crackling... the moon quaking... evil laughter... and Darkness falling... falling..."

She is once again lost in deep thought.

Then Boost said "Wait... isn't that the battle between the two sisters 1000 years ago?"

She stared at him, and then recited in her trancelike state again,

"Twin regal sisters of moon and sun...at a great cost that battle was won... Princess Celestia!"

A horrible feeling of agony filled her, and she collapsed.

Shocked, Boost ran to her. "Miss!? are you alright!?"

"I... i'm sorry for startling you...." Her eyes, instead of a onyx black, were much more now an emerald green color.

Boost, at seeing this development, knew he was going on the right path.

"Princess Celestia... Princess Luna... More, tell me more!" she begged him.

As she looked more through the book, she found the page dedicated to the fall of the Crystal Empire.

"Crystals..."

Again, she recited, "The last of a people that fell long ago...she was brought to safety, a legacy of woe..."

Shadow shrieked in pain again, and starts to writhe on the ground as part of her mane transformed from the glassy black color of a shadow to a deep red color.

"We are doing it miss! Do you remember more?", Boost said.

"My mane... red... L- Let me think for a moment."

Then she started again, "A victim of the regal siblings' long feud, first to fall to a fate so crude..."

Once more, she reared in pain, and more of her mane returned to its primer color.

"Come on miss! You can do it!", Boost cheered on.

"My name... I need my name." She began struggling to find the peace she was denied so long ago.

"C- C- Currency... That's it... my first name.....please... help me. i'm so close!"

"I don't know!" Boost's hopes were dowsed for a moment.

Currency suddenly shouted, "A map, It's something to do with a map!" She looked imploringly at him.

"Uhh... continents? Countries? Coordinates?" He was trying his best to find the last part of her name. He didn't know what else to do, he kept thinking about what it could be.

Currency was now on the verge of extreme excitement, the first time in years, maybe centuries.

"Ugh, a Compass!?"

Instantly, the air and wind in the trees above instantly fell quiet, Currency starts to sway on the spot.

"Currency...Currency Compass..." she muttered.

And then, color starts to return to her at long last, golden light surrounded her everywhere, and blocked her from Boost's view. It lifted her up into the air, dwarfing Boost by comparison to the spectacle, he could only watch in shock and awe as Currency was lowered down by some great magic to the ground, her true color and identity restored to her. She now had a full and smooth ruby red mane, and a lavender coat.

"Miss? How are you feeling!?" He asked in shock, as the golden light faded. But there was no response. He then took notice of her cutie mark, a luminous and iridescent gemstone. Upon seeing this, he stood in silence for a moment, then he asked again,

"How are you feeling?"

She opened her emerald eyes for the first time in years, she was at last free from the curse.

"I- I..." She got up, and stumbled, Boost went and helped her.

"Thank... you..." she replied. "Is it- gone?" she asked solemnly.

"I think so", he replied. "How are you feeling Miss Compass?"

She lifted her hoof up to her face and stared at it intently. She then felt her face with it.

"I am real... I can feel things... And color! Oh, how I missed red, and green, and all the rest of them..." She began to cry tears of joy, which ran down her cheeks, and onto the ground.

At seeing that, Boost realized that he saved this pony from a horrible curse, and a very ancient one at that. He did something good for the first time in years, and Currency saw him smiling for the first time.

She embraced him in a very tight hug, nearly taking the wind out of Boost, and cried into his shoulder.

"Thank you kind one. i am free. Free..." She hugged him tighter, "How can I repay you? Nothing will ever be enough."

He let out a sigh. "Your gratitude is all I want, That's all you did to repay me." But then mumbled, "At least that's all you could do right now...".

She broke away and looked at Boost properly for the first time, scanning him with her piercing eyes. "Your a lot younger than I thought you would be! Your a colt! Why are you out here in Everfree!? It's dangerous!"

"Dangerous..." He said with a poor tone. Then he proceeded to look down in silence.

A moment passed. Currency then stated, "There's nothing to be afraid of. what was your name again?"

"I'm Boostrot." he said with the same tone.

"Boostrot, I like that name..." She gave a smile. However, she then noticed his depressive gaze. "Boostrot? What's wrong? Your not scared of me? Are you?"

"No, its just that... that..." He proceeded with the silence again. His heartbeat started to accelerate.

"That what?" she proceeded doubtfully.

He didn't want to talk about his curse, but he didn't have any reply. So he stood in silence, While she suspected more and more of the truth.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Well, if you say so..."

She sighed. "You can't fool me Boostrot. You have nothing to hide from me... what's wrong?" Then she noticed an expression of pain in Boost's face.

"Wait... I know those eyes..."

At that moment, Boost's heartbeat reached his limit.

She then advanced, "The eyes of someone who is cursed...".

It started, He stepped back from her while wrapping his hooves around his belly. He tried to escape, but then he tripped and fell on the ground.

"Please, don't go...I'm not afraid of you, it's been forever since I have seen any pony in this dark place..."

With a weak voice he said, "Run..."

"You have nothing to be afraid of! I can help you!" She got up, and then walked towards him to help him. But then she stopped when he yelled with a deep voice,

"RUN!!!"

His eyes had turned a crimson red, and the sclerosis of his eyes turned a black color. Noting something was clearly wrong, she backed away. He began to scream while his body went through several changes. Claws began to grow from his hooves, while his back began to curve. His green fur began to change color into grey. Then, his hooves had turned into horrific paws, and he and got up on his back legs. He was now way taller than her. He let out a loud howl, the transformation complete.

She gazes in fright at the colossal monster now before her.

"A Werewolf....", she muttered.

He looked at her for a moment, let out a mighty roar, and charged at her and hit her with an amazing strength.

"Agh!" She was sent sailing into the nearby tree. "Ow..."I know just how to deal with you..."

Then she got up, The monster charged again at her. She gave it a concentrated look, then stepped aside, leaving him to run into the tree behind her. He hit the tree hard, turned around, and roared at her as he ripped the tree off the ground, and threw it at her as easily as a filly throwing a stick. She ducked, and it crashed into two more tree nearby, the impact nearly uprooting them.

She extended her hoof, and some power of her's exerted itself over boost's mind. She was very versitile in the usage of hypnosis and knowledge of the mind.

The monster struggled, then hit Currency with great strength.

"Ack....you are stronger than I thought...", she said.

She gave it another try. "Sleep... There is no need for anger... Sleep...".

Despite her effective spell, the monster still resisted the magic. He then proceeded to grab Currency by her leg, and threw her far away, up into the trees and into the air high above.

She landed in another section of the forest, (thankfully one less deep than the one she originally was in,) with a hard thud, despite being cushioned by her magic.

"It's amazing that I remember all these spells after all this time..." She got up. "Ow..."

Distanced roars came from inside the forest. The monster was too strong for her. She knew that the only thing to do was to wait until he calmed down by himself.

She thought, "I can't just leave him there like that. I know he is still the same colt he was before... I just need to wait, its the least i can do....for a friend...".

She proceeded to sit on a nearby log, and of course, waited.

Author's Note:

Hello casual reader! Me (Martin) and Mark want to thank you for reading our story! We put a lot of effort while doing it. And it was tons of fun so far! =D Mark did the writing and i put the creativity to the work. So one more time, Thank you so much for reading! =) Stay tuned for the second chapter, it will be released soon! ;)

-The Unknown Creators