• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 316 Views, 6 Comments

The Tale Of Two Friends - The_Unknown_Creators



The story about two friends, Boostrot and Currency Compass. Trying to survive a fate that isn't very kind to them

  • ...
 6
 316

Chapter 5: Cursed Bonds.

After the incident in Sugarcube Corner, Twilight allowed Boost and Currency to temporarily stay in a room at her castle, to which they had a pleasant night's sleep. When morning finally came, and the sun was just peeking from above the hills, Boost woke up with a start.

He yawned and then said, "Well... This is it, The day when all this is going to end..."

Currency was still asleep in the other makeshift bed, a content look on her face. Boost went to her and woke her up gently,


"Currency, Currency wake up. Its finally the day!"

"Mmph... wha'..?" When she finally woke up completely she said, "Oh, good morning Boost!"

"Its finally the day! I'm going to be released from this curse once for all!"

"I know! She said excitedly, as she adapted to the sunlight now pouring in through the window. "Twilight said she would be over soon enough!

"Yeah! But seriously...i can finally get rid of this. I'm finally going to be a normal child!" He started to jump up and down excitedly.

"Sigh... Normal is a poor choice of words really... None of us are normal, are we?" she said.

"Yeah... I can guess... But i'm going to be like any other child for once! Isn't that exciting?"

Currency smiled at Boost, and it seemed to speak for itself.

A knock at the door was heard, she was there.

"That must be her!" said Currency.

"I'll go!" he rushed at the door, Then proceeded to open it. Princess Twilight was standing there and smiling at Boost, a special kit hung at her side. "What is that?" He asked.

"Oh, just a couple of remedies, tools, and what not... I came prepared."

"Are you sure its... Safe?"

"Without a doubt! and maybe we can learn more about this sort of curse, you never know!"

In his head he said, "Finally, after all my life carrying this..."

Currency said, "its good to see you again princess!"

Twilight replied, "Thank you Currency, but you two can just call me 'Twilight' if you want."

"And what is your plan to begin with this Twilight?" He asked.

Putting down the kit, she rummaged through it while saying, "Well, we need to first evaluate the curse, otherwise, we will have no idea what we are up against!"

"What do you mean?"

"To defeat your enemy, you need to understand it..."

"The only thing i understand about this is that its just a horrible beast with a thirst of blood."

"But there's always a cause for it!" Said Currency. "We just need to be careful..."

"Wait... You are not planning to..."

"To what?" Twilight asked confused.

"To trigger it?" he said with an expression of fear in his face.

"No." said Twilight, "We have no need to disturb it unless we absolutely have to..."

"Phew... Because every time it happens its extremely painful. So what do i have to do?"

"Just relax, we are going to try something I've never done before...well, fully at least. But Currency has."

"And that is?"

After a brief pause, Currency let out a sigh and said, "Well, we are going to enter your mind, and survey the situation."

"Wait... M- my mind? H- how?" He said with an expression of confusion in his face.

"Well" said Twilight, "It's a simple spell. We can find where the curse is, and exploit its weakness."

Boost, uncertain at this thought, asked, "Are you sure its going to be safe? I mean... We don't know how my mind could work..."

Igniting her horn, Twilight locked all the doors in the castle, and barred the windows. His expression changed into a more doubtful one.

"I... I don't know if this is safe for you..."

"Our safety doesn't matter Boost... I promise you, we will find a way to destroy this curse," Currency said.

He backed away. "Look, I appreciate what are you doing. But i wont forgive myself if something happens to you..."

"You have to trust us Boost."

"I'm not more important than any other pony. I care about you both, even if i just recently met you two a couple of days ago. I don't want to be responsible for more deaths... I just couldn't handle it."

"You'll have to trust us in order for us to do it Boost."

"Please... I don't want you to get hurt because of me... please... promise me you'll be fine..."

"We promise." The two said together.

"Fine... Go ahead..." He sat on the floor. Ready for them to begin.

"Just relax your mind Boost... You'll need to be asleep to do this..."

"Fine..." He laid down. "How exactly are you going to do this?"

"A simple spell...dont worry..." she fired a blast from her horn, and absorbed into Boost, relaxing his body, and drifting him off into a dreamless sleep.

"Wow, that was easier than I thought it would be." remarked Twilight.

Currency said. "The easy part is done... Put your hoof on me princess."

"Alright Currency..." She put her hoof on Currency's shoulder, and with another blast of magic, they entered Boost's mind.

The first thing they saw was total darkness.

"I can't see anything!" yelled Twilight, her echo reverberating among invisible barriers.

Currency replied, "Well, we need to delve deeper..." They began to walk, But everything they did was bump into strange invisible walls.

"Ow!"

"Let's have a little light in here..." Said Twilight. She lit her horn, But it turned out the problem was worse than they thought. Inside was all covered by a really dark blue tone with a black liquid spilling out of them. It certainly didn't looks like the mind of the average 9 year old colt.

"What in Celestia...." Currency murmured.

The room they were in was a circular one, that much could be distinguished, With numerous doors surrounding them.

"Let's explore the extent of the damage", Said Twilight, "Maybe it will help us understand more about the curse..."

They headed through one door, their wands lit and ready for any sign of trouble.

As soon as they opened the door, a blinding flash greeted them,

"Agh!"

Both mares cover their eyes, blinded by the burst of light.

When their eyes readjusted, they found themselves in a very small, and rundown village, with ponies that had emotionless expressions on their faces.

"What is this place?" Asked Twilight curiously, as well as a bit nervous.

"This must be his hometown", replied Currency.

They looked around for a bit, When suddenly the scream of a child surprised sent shivers up their spines. The scream came for a house in their left. Startled, they ran over to the window, and peered inside.

They noticed that the scream came from a 5 or 6 year old colt. Obviously, it was Boost. He was chained up to the wall while another adult pony, the same light green coat as Boost, but with a blue mane with a red strip across it, was beating him up with a rod.

The pony yelled, "Come on you useless piece of garbage! Just change already!!!"

Twilight, shocked, yelled, "Boost! We need to save him!" She rushed into the house.

Currency shouted back, "Wait! Princess Twilight!"

Twilight got in the room and fired a magic blast at Boost's dad, but it passed through.

"Wait... She muttered... These are memories..."

Meanwhile, Boost's transformation had already started. All the changes Currency saw in the forest the other day were manifesting in this memory. Once it was complete, the beast let out a roar and tried to break free, without success.

"Good. At least you are useful to something," his dad said while taking a syringe and injecting it into the beast.

"No!" Currency yelled. The beast roared, Then foam formed in his mouth while he shook, like having a seizure. Then the beast fell unconscious.

"Boost..." She muttered again."

Then, the Boost's father proceeded to bring a table with several surgical instruments. "Lets do some final changes in you, you little brat."

She remembered the little deformity boost had in his belly, and turned away and shuddered when the sounds of surgical activity commenced from the room.

Twilight urged, "Currency... We need to leave this memory..."

They exited back into the 'main room'. The door they first entered had disappeared.

"I had no idea..." Currency whispered in a horrified tone.

They took notice of another door, somewhat larger than the others.

"Hm... Maybe this one?"

"Only one way to find out," replied Twilight." They walked to the door, and entered it.

Inside was a large room with numerous strange orbs floating around.

"These must be his memories..." muttered Currency.

"How do you know all this Currency?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Well, I've done this more than once so to say..." She replied.

They took a closer look at one particular orb, which turned out to be Boost, crying in what appeared to be a devastated ruin of a school. They could guesss why.

"I know this place... Said currency. This is my home... The Crystal Empire..."

Out of the mist around the vision, a hoof extends itself and touches Boost's shoulder, who immediately brushes it off.

It was Bluespark. "Are you...are you ok?"

"Please... Don't get close... You'll get hurt..." Boost said with tears in his face.

"I'm not afraid of you, I can see your alone in this place... If you let me, I can help you."

"I deserve to be alone. I deserve this. I'm a killer. And killers deserve to be alone..."

"You are not in control of you actions... I can see that... Look, i'm sure you have a good heart inside you. Let me help you, you need it!"

Boost looked at the ground. Then blue continued,

"Come on... The guards will be here at any moment. I have a place where we can hide." He helped Boost to get up, who in turn got up reluctantly, and they hurried to the train station. From that moment the memory repeats again.

Currency sighed. They break away from it. "To think it was at a school..."

"While these memories are helpful, we still need to find the source of the curse..." Twilight said.

As they turned to leave the room, they noticed that all the corruption was forming from a nearby door.

"Our answer may be in there..." said Twilight.

As they approached, they felt a sense of dread and foreboding.

"This is it...".

As they opened the door. it reveals a giant Green orb inside, half absorbed by the corruption.

"Brace yourself Currency," said Twilight, I sense that this might boil down to a confrontation..."

The orb seemed to be all that was himself. his personality, his emotions, all of it was manifested in that orb, the subconsciousness, and the orb was slowly consuming it.

Twilight then said, "When I say three, we fire a de-corruption spell together, it's a start I suppose..." Currency nodded in agreement.

On the count of three, they fired the spell together at the orb, only for the blast to dissipate and for the orb to glitch.

"Maybe that wasn't a good idea," said Currency. "Any other ideas?" The orb glitched more and more, Until it disappeared.

"What!? What did we do..."

Then, a faint noise could be heard, like a tremor in the air. It managed to form into some sort of voice.

"Well... What do we have here. A unicorn and... An alicorn? I feel truly honored that an alicorn is interested to study the curse I created."

"Who are you?" Twilight proclaimed boldly. "Show yourself!"

"Oh, Where are my manners? Let me introduce myself. I am Gladtrot, father of that miserable little brat you call Boost. You came just in time to see me taking control of everything that you are and would be. Let me explain. That curse that the kid has is only a prototype i invented. Something for a much larger mindset of course. I plan to make an army of the beasts like him, except bigger and stronger...i've perfected the serum. And soon enough, not even the princesses will be able to stand against me!"

"What?" Replied Twilight with shock.

"You might think that you and your weakling friends can defeat me by the power of friendship and blah blah blah... I've already heard your stories. But I've seen all the mistakes your previous foes did. The arrogance of Nightmare Moon, the ignorant of Chrysalis, the pride of Sombra, and the brashness of Tirek... And I have got everything prepared so you wont stop me for my plans, princess of friendship!

"Not if we have anything to say about it"! Yelled Currency. "Come out and show yourself! Unless your too cowardly to..."

"SILENCE! I wish... But sadly now i'm miles away. But don't worry. Ill be there soon enough to present myself..." He started laughing. "Now this little brat is completely useless to me." The corruption in the room started fading. "Your doom will come soon enough, and you will know your place. See you soon, Twilight Sparkle and Currency Compass. See you soon..."

Then they abruptly woke up, both gasping as they did. It caused Boost to wake up too. He jumped out and shouted.

"What happened!?"

"Boost! Are you alright!?" Currency rushed over to him quickly.

"I feel... different... like... lighter... I am free?"

"Wait, what?" Said Twilight in confusion.

"No, I don't think so," said Currency, "He was there... In you..."

"Who?" He tilted his head.

"Your father..."

The shock invaded him. "My- My- My father!? No. No...no. It can't be. He left me in the desert to die!"

"He was controlling you from afar," replied Twilight, "It seems that he has no more need to use you though..."

"He has a plan... He wants to raise an army of werewolves to decimate Equestria." said Currency solemnly.

"No, No... I can't see him again! I won't see him again!!! I DON'T WANT TO!!!" He yelled.

"Boost! Please! He is gone... for now..."

"I don't want to see him again!" He said with tears in his face "He did so much to me... I don't want that to happen again..."

"Neither do we boost," said Currency. "You'r burden may have been lifted, but you'll need to face him again if you are to prevail against him."

"Currency is right Boost", Said Twilight, "We will need to do this together to triumph over him."

But just before they could get him to see reason, he exclaimed. "I said i don't want to see him!!!" He proceeds to hide under the bed.

"Boost, running from him will only make him stronger!" Said currency "We will help you, but you'll have to be the one! Don't you want to be rid of him?"

"You don't understand!!! He is powerful! If he could tame me, He could tame anyone! Anything!!! We are doomed!!! And now he has an army of them!!! EQUESTRIA IS DOOMED!!! WE WILL DIE HERE!!!" His voice rang through the library, and shook the walls slightly.

Twilight, shaking her head, said sadly, "Boost, you were just one victim, a colt who had no chance of resisting him. But this is different, you have all of us. to help you. He is no match against a group of true friends!"

"How can a bunch of ponies defeat an entire army of the beast i was!?"

"Not if your like this", Said Currency, perhaps a bit too harshly. "If you have no hope, than neither have we!"

He just proceeded to cry uncontrollably, perhaps those weren't the best words for the occasion.

Twilight whispered, "He just needs time, he can't think clearly..." They walked to Boost and sat by him, watching him break down crying.

Several minutes later, he had finally stopped crying, and just laid huddled under the bed.

All that time, Currency has her hoof on his shoulder, with a sad look on her face.

"All the horrible things he did to me..." he murmured miserably, "It haunts me in every dream i have... If we fail... All those things will be back again...forever" He said.

"Yes, which makes it all the more important for you to help Equestria stop him, once and for all." Twilight said.

"Its just that... I'm scared of seeing him again..."

"Boost, do you want to know something?" She replied.

He looked at her.

"Of all the things I've done," Twilight continued, "I was scared too of what might happen. For my friends, for my family, for Equestria... You can't let it get to you, or it will defeat you.

"If we are able to get to him. What i can do... I'm just a regular colt now..."

Currency urged, "Boost, you are the only one that knows what he is capable of, and possibly of his weaknesses. Don't you realize? Every tyrant and villain in the world is always a victim of his own foolishness! The pony that he is afraid of who will defeat him will always arise from those he torments! Think about it..."

"Maybe... Or maybe i could-"

But suddenly, something had broke down the main door of the castle.

"What was that!?" shouted currency.

"Oh god.. OH GOD THEY ARE HERE!!!" He hid behind Twilight. "I'm not ready for this!"

"How did they come so quickly..." She muttered.

"I told you he was powerful!!! Now its just a matter of time before they find us!"

"There's no time! We need to hurry!" Twilight rushed downstairs, to defend her castle.

"Oh god, What i'm going to do!? I can't fight! They will capture us all!"

"Not if I can help it!" Currency ran down to join the battle.

He just stood there. Being consumed by his own thoughts. It would only be a matter of time before they find him. But then he thought of Currency, and his newfound friends and allies, would he really let them die in trying to stop his father? "No..." Boost said to himself. He wasn't going to let them die, he refused to accept it. No longer would he let someone control his own life. He would fight. He reunited all his will and determination, and went downstairs. Into the din of battle...