• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 315 Views, 6 Comments

The Tale Of Two Friends - The_Unknown_Creators



The story about two friends, Boostrot and Currency Compass. Trying to survive a fate that isn't very kind to them

  • ...
 6
 315

Chapter 6: Heroes And Victims.

As Boost descended downstairs he could see that the battle was already escalating. Currency and Twilight were battling the wolves their hardest, and already many had fallen before them. He started to wonder what he could do to help them. Their skills with magic were undoubtedly strong, but they could not hold the line alone, for their seemed to little end to the oncoming horde A moment of small distraction caused one of the wolves to grab Currency and Twilight's tails and smash them against the wall. They hit with hard impact, and tumbled to the ground.

At seeing this. A strange feeling went through Boost, an intense rage. Seeing his two friends being hurt by those monsters was all that he would stand. The rage made him feel different, and his body began to go through several changes, the same ones as he had when he was still cursed. But he didn't feel any pain, and his eyes remained the same color.

In control of his own body, he got up and tackled the wolves that were about to kill Currency And Twilight. Realizing what happened, the two mares gazed at him in shock.

He said with his normal voice, "Run upstairs! I'll hold them!" He started to engage the other wolves in combat.

"We aren't abandoning you!" yelled Currency back to him. They rejoined him, and together, they managed to push the waves of wolves out of the castle. They ran out afterwards into the outside to assess the attack.

Boost sat on the ground and tried to catch some breath. and looked at his hands that were covered in blood. He said,

"What happened to me?"

Twilight yelled in reply, "We've no time to worry about that! We need to drive back the invasion!"

"Right. But how?"

"I don't know! We need to find the other members of the Mane Six!"

Then he suddenly realizes something. "Blue! I need to go for him!"

"Blue?" Twilight responded with confusion. "Who's that?"

"An old friend of mine, he might be able to drive them back!"

"Please be careful Boost, I don't want to loose another friend," said Currency.

"I will!" He yelled back. And proceeded to head westward to find the others.

Applejack could be seen bucking one werewolf in the skull a distance away, while Pinkie Pie launched a barrage of cake batter at another with a large pink cannon. Boost jumped onto one and proceeded to pull the head off it's body with amazing strength. As the two noticed his rage, and the headless body fell into the ground, the two were temporarily stunned.

Applejack, shocked, said, "What the hey!? Boost!?"

"Who else do you think?" He said. "I still need to get to BlueSpark!"

"I don't know who that is sugarcube!"

Pinkie pie jumped up and exclaimed, "Ooh! i know! He is over there! I saw him near the carousel boutique!"

Boost, initially taken aback by Pinkie's apparent knowledge, replied with gratitude,

"Pinkie pie! You are wonderful! I don't know when you met him but i'll find out later!" He rushed at where he is.

"Did you hear that Applejack!?" He said I'm wonderful!"

"Yup..." Applejack said slightly annoyed.

Leaving the two behind, Boost proceeded to head north to the Caurosel Boutique. He found Bluespark fighting numerous werewolves with his strong magic.

"And i thought with Boost was enough!" he said exhausted. "Where did they come from!?"

Boost started to fight the wolves that surrounded him, causing him to be struck with a blast from a panicked Blue.

"Agh! Its me you idiot!"

"What the..? Boost?"

"Of course its me!"

"Can you explain me what in Celestia is happening here?!"

"Short version. My father returned and he wants to take over Equestria by using an army of werewolves. But now we need to go back with Currency and Twilight!"

"I'll ask why later, lets go!" he shouted back.

They rushed back to Twilight's castle, only to find that the scene had drastically changed.

Currency was standing over Twilight, who had collapsed fallen on the ground, and defended her from the onslaught to her best. They ran to her.

Boost said, "Blue, Take care of her! I'll hold them off!"

Currency yelled, "Be careful! She was bitten!"

Blue started searching for her wound. Until he found it, a bite mark that strangely enough wasn't bleeding.

"Ok, Currency! I need your help healing her! Concentrate your magic and share it with her!"

"Alright!" She replied.

Kneeling down, she began to use magic to heal the wounds, later joined with Blue, while Boost protected them from any oncoming attachers.

In a matter of minutes, she was completely healed. Panting, he said.

"There... That should be it..."

"No... Werewolf bites have more than just physical wounds."

"What do you mean?"

"The marks are gone," she explained, "but the curse remains... We will need a special potion to cure her, one that we have not the time to-"

But suddenly, Twilight started struggling on the ground, As a massive amount of pain consumed her.

"Twilight!"

"Step back!"

Currency blasted Twilight, knocking her out.

"Don't worry! She said, a bit shellshocked. We just need to make sure she is restrained."

"Did you just knock out a princess!?" Blue said with more than slight bewilderment.

"I'm sorry," said Currency reluctantly, "but I didn't know what else to do!"

"And we got enough with these ones." Boost said. "Imagine an alicorn werewolf!"

"Good point..." Blue muttered.

"It will only be a matter of time before Gladtrot shows his face... we need to be ready for him!" Said Currency.

"He is probably lurking around somewhere!"

"Let's fight on!" Said Currency, "They can't break us!"

Then Boost shouted, "As long as he is here, he will keep raising more to send against us! We need to find where they are coming from!"

"Agreed!" She said, as she blasted a werewolf with a bolt of lightning.

Then Rainbow Dash flew up from over the buildings, and landed before them.

"Don't you three worry, Ive got this!" she proclaimed proudly.

"Thanks Rainbow Dash!" And where can be he?" Blue asked.

"In the bulk of the forces I guess!" yelled Currency. "He is probably observing the battle from afar!"

"Then lets go!" Boost said, while running and taking down several more wolves. Currency and Blue followed after him, exchanging looks as they ran.

"Charge!" Yelled Currency. They took spirit at this battle cry, and sprinted faster.

Soon enough, they reached town hall, where the enemy seemed to originate from oddly enough.

At the moment they entered, something was out of place. it was empty. Not a single wolf at sight.

"Something is not right..." Blue quoted.

"Not a soul... hm," said Currency. "Should we look elsewhere?"

Boost said. "No... I can feel him..."

"Indeed you little..." A familiar voice said.

Without warning, something knocked out Bluespark. Then, four wolves emerged from hiding and grabbed Boost and Currency, preventing them from moving.

"Congratulations you two. Congratulations... You made it to me without dying first... And i see this little brat found a way of modifying my curse to his benefit... But i guess it wont be enough..."

Gladtrot emerged from a nearby door, frowning at the two with intense hatred.

You will not break the spirit of Equestria..." Said Currency boldly, "And we will never willingly let you destroy our resolve!"

He proceeded to laugh. "You really think this would be at your will? You have already been a thorn in my plans, but it will matter not.
But you helped this little brat to not kill himself first, and you would be such a threat to everything I have sought for! So I think I will reward you... With a quick death." He stepped closer to her, an evil grin creased on his face.

But then boost yelled, "NO!"

He broke free and tackled Gladtrot. Currency, taking notice of this distraction, shook off the wolves restraining her, and began to fight them back.

"Agh. You noisy little f-" He blasted Boost, burning his face and sending him flying to the other side of the room.

"Boost!" Currency screamed in horror.

With one stamp of her hoof, she sent a powerful shockwave about the hall, incapacitating the nearby werewolves.

"Don't you dare touch him..." she said, glaring at Gladtrot.

"I won't hurt him... You will!" He cast a spell on Boost. Making him struggle on the ground.

"No! Stop this!" She fired a powerful blast at Gladtrot, which he blocked easily with a magic shield.

"Do you really think I would fall so easily? You really are more stupid than I first thought."

"I didn't you fool, these eyes have seen much more... than you have..."

She sent a jut of earth up through the ground, grazing Gladtrot's side and hurting him. But in the middle casting the spell, she was tackled by Boost, who was now mind controlled.

"Agh!

He picked her up by the throat, causing Currency to initially choke.

She teleport out of his grip to behind him. She sent another tremor at Boost, knocking him off his feet.

"I don't want to hurt you Boost... Your still in there! You need to fight it!"

Gladtrot laughed once more. "He can't hear you, You stupid mare. He is in suffering now. He will never hear you."

"One he will have to fight himself. But I am not alone. You have much to answer for."

The mane (five) six run up to join Currency, gazing at the scene with contempt.

Rainbow Dash said, "So you're the one behind all this!"

"We've got you covered Currency darling!" Proclaimed Rarity.

"Ah, I see that this little brat has friends. Too bad for him... more reasons to end him right now."

"You ain't touchin him sugarcube..." Said Applejack, giving a death stare at him.

"Watch me lady."

He stopped mind-controlling him. Then fired a blast so powerful that it severed his left leg. He screamed in agony while he bleed on the floor.

"Boost! No!" Yelled Currency. A look of wild Fury replacing the determined expression on her face, she charged at Gladtrot, her horn lowered in a lance like position.

Shocked, Rarity yelled, "Wait Currency!"

Currency plunged her horn into Gladtrot's side, spurting blood on both of them.

"Agh!!"

He lifted Currency with his magic and smashed her against the wall.

Clutching his side, he then cast a spell that send a magical flare into the air. And in matter of moments, A figure smashed through the roof and landed in between the fighters. A werewolf with a horn and a pair of wings, glaring at them with red eyes. It was Twilight, the curse had taken her completely.

Pinkie pie shouted, "Twilight!?" She then got up close to her face, "Yoo hoo!"

Then Gladtrot screamed. "END THEM!!!" Twilight, obeying, took a swipe at Pinkie Pie who stepped back in time, charged at the group. Currency fired a blast at Twilight, distracting her long enough for the five to tackle her.

Meanwhile Boost is on the ground bleeding to death. Currency crawled over to him. "Boost..."

"Help... me..." He said weakly.

She began to heal him. "I'm sorry buddy.... Where is... Bluespark?" He pointed at him, still unconscious on the ground.

Currency sealed up his wounds despite his leg.

"I was a fool... she muttered solemnly. I can't stand against him alone..."

"Don't worry... It will all be ok..."

"Your poor leg... I'm sorry..."

Then Gladtrot walked to them, and laughed.

"You stupid mare. You seriously thought you could stop me? Look at what is before you. A princess is under my control, This little brat is about to die, And you? You are just here. Being useless as you always were. You dont even deserve to be one of the princesses students. Now i will take everything you love and care right before your eyes, to break you. Starting with him!" Then he lifted Boost by his neck, choking him.

"No!" Desperate, Currency reached up to attempt to absorb Gladtrot's consciousness into her own. only for him to strike her, smashing her horn to bits, and leaving her in the floor.

She fell unconscious.

"No..."

The Mane Five, having neutralized Twilight, gazed over In horror. Looking at Currency's fallen form, Boost felt an amazing rage go through him once again. Seeing that monster of a pony hurting his friend... He wouldn't let him get away with it. He stood up in his remaining leg.

"Huh?"

Gladtrot looked over at him, Just to be hit with tremendous force. Boost grabbed him by the horn and smashed him against the wall, again and again and again, until his horn broke in two.

From the moment that happened, All the wolves invading Ponyville stood still, and started to shake until they dissolved, or rather, dispel into the air, vanished. Twilight shook and shuttered, her wolf form melted, leaving her on the ground.

Gladtrot fell on the floor knocked out. Boost fell exhausted on the ground.

Rainbow Dash ran over and said, "Boost! You did it!"

He changed back to his normal form and said, "Yes... I did it... I finally did it..." He rested his head and closes his eyes.

He took notice of Currency. "Currency..." He crawled over her. "I'm sorry..." He rested his head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry this happened to you..."

She was unconscious, a tear had rolled down her cheek, and a look of hopelessness was on her face. He cried into her.

"I'm sorry this happened to you... He cried on her. Please... Wake up..."

"Oh dear..." Muttered Fluttershy, "Will she be alright?"

Blue started to wake up, "Ow... My head..." Then he took a look at the place. "What happened here?"

Twilight also starts to wake up. "Oh... Currency... What...h..." She spotted Blue examining Boost.

"Is he going to be alright?" She asked with uncertainty, running over to help the group.

"Yes. But the fact is that he is losing a lot of blood", he is weak, said BlueSpark. "He just needs to rest, after we heal him."

Rainbow Dash said, "It looks like we repelled the attack, the remaining werewolves are retreating!"

"Oh boost..your leg!"

"I'm fine... At least i'm alive..." Meanwhile, Fluttershy was tending to Currency

"I think i can fix his leg and Currency's horn... but it will take some time..." Blue said.

"What? But it's impossible to regrow limbs!" Said Twilight.

"Nothing is impossible Twilight. That's why i said it will take some time. I need to investigate."

Twilight and Boost exchange looks.

He sighed. "Just give me a week and ill see what i can do."

"And what about him?" Asked Fluttershy, pointing at Gladtrot.

Awake now, Gladtrot got up, and limped towards the group. "You little pigs, I'll... never... give up! You disgusting beings..."

Turning immediately, the mane six stared at him, seemingly taller than he was.

"Come on!! End me!! I dare you!!"

"No..." Said Twilight, "It would be a fate too kind for you."

"You'll never get rid of me... I am Gladtrot!!! The new god of this world!!!"

Currency, as if in a trance, got up from Applejack's arms (who was shocked at this development), and walked towards Gladtrot, her eyes glowing a strange green color.

"The more you take... The less you have.... Death is too good for you Gladtrot... and you shall be marked..." She stepped closer to him.

She looked in his eyes, with a piercing gaze that made Gladtrot falter slightly.

"Feckless scoundrel, fool I name thee... grief shall be the get of thy greed... Come never here again, accursed wretch, until mercy once again comes upon thee..." She lifted up her hoof, and extended it towards Gladtrot.

"I'll come back. One day... he said, slightly unnerved. And i'll make you wish you'd never met him... AND EVERYONE WILL KNOW MY NAME!!!"

"Come never here again, lesser than the shadows... Thy doom shall await thee for all eternity, until thy wounds be mended... not until thy bonds of love be renewed shall thou know the peace sought after! She placed her hoof on his forehead.

"Begone!"

And with a powerful blast, she teleported him to an unknown destination. Currency collapsed and fell into unconsciousness once again.

"Currency!" Boost yelled. He ran as fast ashe could to her and knelt down to feel her forehead. She remained incapable of reaction. Whatever she did, was not of her own intention.

"That... Was so cool!" Said Pinkie Pie suddenly. "Yet kind of creepy... BUT COOL!"

"And i thought I've seen everything." Blue said.

Twilight looked at him in an annoyed sort of way, then said to Boost,

"I have no clue what just happened, but we need to get you two to a hospital."

"Agreed." Said Blue. And at that, Pinkie and Rainbow Dash supported boost on their shoulders, Applejack carried Currency, and left for the hospital.

When they arrived, the place was bustling with the injured and the caretakers. The group just barely were able to get in, and managed to get a room in which Boost and Currency were put in separate beds, while the Mane Six attended to other patients wherever they were needed most.

"Finally its over..." Boost muttered. "I can have a normal life now..." He let out a sigh of relief and closed his eyes on the pillow.

In a few minutes, Twilight came back and said,

"According to the doctor, there were no deaths... Thank Celestia... and those that were cursed today reverted back to normal."

"I still wonder what happened to me back there, muttered Boost in a confused sort of way. Why did I turn into a wolf in the castle, but kept my will?"

"I don't know", said Twilight unsurely as well. "When a pony is under pressure, it's amazing what he or she can do at trying times."

"But it hadn't anything to do with the pressure he had." BlueSpark came into the room.

"No pressure? Are you sure?"

"Absolutely." Blue replied. He then said to Boost, "Look, We all know that the curse you had it was just a prototype. And sometimes, something that isn't finished comes with some errors. And that's what you have, It appears what happened to you is just an side effect of the curse."

Twilight, considering this, wondered, "Hm... And as for Currency's dilemma, I have no notion of explanation either, but I wonder if it had to do with her horn being cut off..."

"That goes beyond my comprehension," said Blue.

"Well", said Twilight, "I need to check on the others, take care you two, and get a good rest! With a nervous smile, she waved back at the two, and departed the room.

"So... Blue, That means i can turn into a wolf when i want?" asked Boost.

"Well... Technically yeah. I don't know how, but you'll find out!"

"That's so AWESOME!!! Its like... Having a super power! Can you imagine?"

"Yeah... I can only imagine... Well, I am needed elsewhere i think. Get well Boost, i'll see you in the morning!

"Thanks buddy!" They hoof bumped, and Blue left the room.

Boost and Currency were now alone in the room, the setting sun had rolled behind the hill, and nighttime had come. Currency was still unconscious, except for a small amount of breathing.

He sighed. "I hope you wake up soon Currency..." He closed his eyes, and in a minute, fell asleep.