• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 368 Views, 2 Comments

Masked Matterhorn Mask Out of Time - Nightmarity19



Twilight decides to mess with time travel and you know what the old saying about curiosity.

  • ...
 2
 368

Chapter 2 A Piece Of Heaven

Early the next morning a hoard of people surrounded an alleyway surveying a potential crime scene, Twilight looked wide eyed at the dismembered head and bloody axe laying aimlessly on the ground as Boston Police officers separated everyone while instructing them to leave this area immediately and let the proper authorities do their job. Once the townspeople left, Spike and Twilight were left behind.

"Ma'am we'll need you to exit now. We need to survey the area for any potential and right now your in our way of that progress" one officer commanded to Twilight to leave.

"Sorry sir but we must investigate also for the same answer to what could've happened" Twilight said in annoyance and stern look on her face.

The officer was taken back by Twilight's sudden outburst but decided to let them see what was found at the current crime scene. Spike examined the bloody axe that when he wiped the handle, revealed fingerprints from someone who had strong hands. Twilight saw an energy trail meaning that the criminal who did this horrible act was still around Boston somewhere.

"Spike I think we got a lead" Twilight said excitedly.

"What is it?" Spike asked.

Twilight pointed to little droplets of sparkling blue energy on the ground glistening in the morning sunlight. Spike blinked a few times before realizing that it could lead them to whoever killed the poor woman. They both followed the trail of sparkling blue until eventually Spike led his friend to a shipyard warehouse where shipbuilders were working on their vessel for water travel and fishing.

"Looks like the trail ends here" Twilight said a little disappointed.

"Maybe one of those guys can tell us if they saw something?" Spike said pointing out the builders.

Twilight nodded, walking up to one shipbuilder who was in his mid 40s maybe, grey thinning hair, mustache, wearing overalls over a dirty white shirt from working all day and shoes.

"Excuse me sir we would like to ask you some questions" Spike said acting professional.

The man looked up at them. "Yes can I help you folks?" he asked.

"Me and my friends here are investigating a murder of a young woman by way of an axe found at the crime scene. We followed a trail sparkling blue energy like substance here in this lovely shipyard. Did you happen to see anyone come here to hide?" Twilight questioned.

"As a matter of fact I did happen to catch a glimpse of the fella before he disappeared again" he recalled.

"Do you know what he/she looked like?" Spike asked next pulling out a sketchbook and pencil ready to draw.

The shipbuilder explained that was about 5 feet tall with black hair with purple highlights in them and dark purple eyes. He went on to say this person wore a tall dark suit with a bow tie. Spike drew all of what he was saying in such detail, it shocked Twilight even more so than usual.

"Okay thank you sir you've been a big help to us. Do you mind if we search the warehouse?" Twilight asked politely.

"Knock yourself out but I doubt you'll find anything that'll help your case" he responded doubtfully.

Spike nodded and followed Twilight inside the warehouse where they saw more sparkling blue energy on plans of a potential ship. People who saw them never paid any mind and just continued with their work while Twilight kept following the energy into another room upstairs and found the bow tie he talked about.

What is this doing here? Twilight wondered.

She picked it up and examined the contents; before noticing a strange white rose attached to it.

Wait I know this from somewhere Twilight had a flashback of her sister in law's wedding when Shining Armor placed a white rose in her hair which was beautiful.

"Hey did you find something?" Spike asked walking over to her.

"Yea I did check this out" Twilight responded showing him the bow tie.

Spike looked at it and saw the same white rose that Twilight saw. "Isn't that the same white rose Shining Armor gave to Cadence when they got married?" he asked.

Twilight shook her head yes quickly.

"So whoever did this left us a clue" Spike said.

With those words in mind, Twilight got up putting the bow tie in her pocket then left the shipyard with Spike following behind her.

Meanwhile, the unknown man looked over at Twilight and Spike with a devious smile on his face. He will soon get her and Spike as well.

Sombra prepared dinner for Celestia who came downstairs after washing up. Twilight came in through the front door without Spike because he went to ask the victim's family members about what she was like and whatnot.

"Oh Miss Sparkle how goes the investigation?" Sombra asked setting the table for dinner.

"We did find a lead but all we could find was a bow tie and sparkling blue energy" Twilight explained, showing him what she and Spike found.

Sombra examined them closely. "Hmm I know where this bow tie came from. A few minutes from here is a tie shop owned by Talia Blaze and her father Harry" Sombra said.

"That's wonderful Sombra! Wait, how do you know where it is?" Twilight asked getting suspicious of Sombra's whereabouts.

"We pass by their shop every once in a while just to see some of the things they have" Celestia chimed in, sitting at the dinner table.

Sombra went back into the kitchen to finish preparing Tia food before putting it on a plate then handed her some basic utensils.

"Thank you Sombra" Celestia said beginning to take part in eating her food.

He smiled.

Spike returned back from talking to the victim's family, from the looks of things he was about to expel some of his findings so he sat next to Tia who greeted him with a wave. Twilight took a seat across from Spike but was across from Tia on the right side.

"So what did you find out?" Twilight asked.

"The victim's name is Roxanne Evans who is survived by her brother Matt Evans who told me she always wanted to have fun and look positive on life. The last thing she told her was 'I'll be home after my best friend's party' but as we saw she never came home" Spike explained.

Celestia made a sad concerned face while halfway finishing her dinner.

"Tia don't worry, me and Spike are trained in combat. We will never let harm come your way" Twilight said reassuringly.

Sombra flashed a smile and stroked Celestia's hair before placing a gentle kiss on top of her forehead. The little girl who will soon to be leader of the Power Heroes smiled and hugged her caretaker tightly.

Aww they look so cute Twilight thought smile while blushing.

And when things couldn't get worse they did in the way of an angry mob with pitchforks and torches standing outside shouting. Spike looked out to see that and noticed something was wrong with their eyes like someone is controlling them.

"What's going on?" Sombra asked.

"We need to leave right now" Spike commanded.

As if out of nowhere a pitchfork rammed into the door leaving holes big enough to open it from the other side but Spike kicked the arm out. Sombra put Tia on his back and ran out with Twilight and Spike but as soon as they came outside 10 British soldiers surrounded them all. Celestia hid behind Sombra shaking violently as the soldiers aimed their muskets at them.

Sombra's eyes turned purple with a black and green slit iris that caused a slow down of time giving Sombra the advantage to take out the soldiers quickly. He restarted normal time as all soldiers who were ready to kill them were now flat on their backs dazed and confused.

"Whoa what was that?" Twilight asked looking at the knocked British soldiers.

"Sombra can slow down time and it's awesome to watch" Celestia answered peaking out from behind his leg.

"Yes it's a curse that was placed upon me as a child. I use it form meaningful purposes but sometimes it can be disastrous, either way it can be both helpful and hurtful depending on how you see it" Sombra explained, reverting his eyes back to normal.

A man wearing a suit with a bow tie and a black top hat watched from behind a hose, the 4 people swearing to find him for what he did to that poor woman. But Celestia caught his eye and smirked.

"Well well that Tia girl will be a fine addition to my endless count of victims and no one will be able to stop me" he said straightening his top hat before slipping back into the darkness.

"Sombra I want you to stay with Celestia while Spike and I check out this bow tie situation" Twilight said.

Sombra nodded, walking Tia back home but went through the back way to avoid the mob.

Twilight walked with Spike into the bow tie shop where they were greeted by Harry the store manager who was dusting off some bow ties on display when he happened to spot the two people who just walked in to ask some questions.

"Oh hello folks what can I help you with" Harry said smiling.

"We were wondering if you had any idea who owned this bow tie?" Twilight said, showing Harry the bow tie with the white rose on it.

Harry examined it closely expressing in a thinking facial expression before walking over to his desk to see better. After a few minutes Harry finally came to a solution.

"This bow tie did belong to one of our regulars named Allen Von Archer the local puppeteer. You should go to one of his shows down on the harbor, they are a hoot" Harry explained.

"Allen Von Archer huh? Well thank you Harry for your help" Twilight said grateful to finally have a straight answer.

"Glad to be of service to you" Harry said waving goodbye as they left.

A scream could be heard back at the house. Twilight looked at Spike before they raced back home to see Sombra out cold and Celestia gone.

Oh no Twilight thought staring wide eyed.