• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 365 Views, 2 Comments

Masked Matterhorn Mask Out of Time - Nightmarity19



Twilight decides to mess with time travel and you know what the old saying about curiosity.

  • ...
 2
 365

Chapter 1 Messing with Time

Twilight fixed her goggles after what Puppet did to her during their fight. Being a hero of Metropolis was hard work but it did pay off in the end, that being Puppet being placed in a more secure federal prison so that he couldn't escape.

"There we go" Twilight tweaked the last bolt into her now fixed goggles.

Spike came down to see her friend just finish fixing her goggles. "I see you got them working again" he said smiling.

"Yea" Twilight responded putting them on top of her head.

"So I figured out this new function on the jet's thrusts by adding another system on it" Spike said guiding Twilight aboard the jet.

They both spotted a stopwatch like device in between the key hole for the ignition and radar guidance system. It shined in the semi dim light, Twilight examined it and noticed dates and time periods on them. One caught her eye was a little dial beside the numbers or dates; curiosity took over Twilight as she turned it to March 5th, 1770 which was the date of the Boston Massacre around the time of British and American turmoil.

The jet door suddenly began raise then closed, trapping Twilight and Spike inside.

"What did you do?!" Spike asked sternly.

Twilight tried to smile her way out of this but this time her assistant wasn't in any mood to play at their current situation. All of a sudden a portal sucked in the jet into a wormhole that looked like hyperspace. Facts about the Boston Massacre appeared on the screen.

"It says that 5 civilians were killed and 6 others were injured" Spike read.

"I know they were pissed off about Britain doing some dirty deeds but every human being deserves to live" Twilight said sitting beside Spike.

"Apparently they didn't care either way" Spike said looking through the sudden facts that randomly appeared on the screen.

The jet jerked a bit before a bright light blinded them both. The next thing they saw was people standing over them concerned. Twilight woke up first and noticed she was wearing a flower like dress with a pink hat with a purple flower attached to it. Spike on the other hand wore a black jacket with a blouse in it, knee high socks and one belted shoes.

"Wow I look pretty" Twilight said twirling her dress around as the crowd gave them room.

"I must admit this is actually pretty nice" Spike complimented looking at himself.

As the crowd dispersed from them 3 British soldiers began walking towards them, muskets pointed at them. The people that were standing there before Spike and Twilight weren't there anymore because of fear of being shot.

"Whoa hey there easy we're not hurting anymore" Spike said holding is arms up in surrender.

One of the soldiers got closer to him and with no time to think, Spike wrestled the musket away from the soldier then kicked him hard across the face causing him to stumble and fall face first into cold hard concrete as the other 2 were about to shoot, a small rock knocked them out simultaneously.

A young woman with pink hair wearing a white toga style dress sporting a crown and knee high boots approached them.

"Hi there names Celestia nice to meet you" Tia introduced smiling.

Twilight embraced her tightly, almost bursting into tears from this meeting with the one person who taught her everything she knows was now standing in front of her.

"Celestia I thank you for helping us but we're not from here....to be honest we traveled through time by mistake" Spike explained.

Tia began to laugh as if this was the funniest joke she ever heard. "That is the funniest joke I have ever heard. I think you hit your head harder than you originally thought" Celestia said.

Nice going Spike the next thing you'll tell her is that we're superheroes Twilight gave him a dirty look.

"In any case Tia what are you doing here? I figured someone like you would stay inside and avoid any sort of conflict" Twilight asked.

"And miss beating the British back to where they came from? No way" Tia responded.

Spike couldn't argue with that considering he once stood up to King Sombra (with Twilight's help of course) all by himself and was praised as a hero. But seeing Celestia was a complete shock to both Spike and Twilight who held back tears.

"Come on we need to get out of here before more soldiers decided to show up" Tia said running.

Spike and Twilight followed her to a home where she lives. Opening the door, there were wall to wall bookshelves full of books. Twilight felt like she died and went to book heaven as her eyes lit up like a Christmas Tree.

"Look at all those books" Spike said.

Celestia looked back to see Twilight's excited expression and raised an eyebrow. "Is she ok?" she asked confused.

"Yea she's ok, she just have a love for books you get used to it after a while" Spike replied, explaining Twilight's undying love for books.

"Alright then" Celestia said going into another room with Spike while Twilight looked through the books.

This room was a little shorter with a desk, slips of unused paper and a quill sitting in an ink tray. Spike recognized something similar when Fluttershy took him to Monticello, VA to view Thomas Jefferson's house and saw the exact same materials that he saw in that house.

"Who's study is this?" Spike asked.

A tall man sporting a darker shade of black coat with a white blouse, boots, jet black hair, and red eyes walked in. "It is my study" Sombra said.

Spike stared at him wide eyed like he saw a ghost.

"Is something wrong dear boy? You look as if you have some sort of a fever" Sombra asked feeling Spike's forehead.

He swatted Sombra's hand away. "I'm fine" he said sharply.

Twilight came in to see Sombra. "What is he doing here?" she asked almost in shock.

"I'm Celestia's caretaker until her parents return from their journey in Paris to hold a deal there. They should be arriving in Boston soon....I hope" Sombra explained.

He gestured for Celestia to go play while he had a serious talk with Spike and Twilight. All three of them went into the living room to have a small chat.

"I know what your thinking: Why would someone as sinister as me want to take care of Celestia? The only reason why is so I can have people in America to understand that even the worst kind of people can learn to be loving and caring" Sombra said wiping away a tear.

Wow maybe he has changed...at least in this timeline Spike wondered.

"Sombra....we believe that you'll take good care of Celestia" Twilight said placing a single hand on his cheek smiling.

He kisses her hand smiling back at her. "If you both would like to stay there's a guest room upstairs next to the bathroom" Sombra said pointing upstairs.

Twilight nodded and took Spike upstairs to the guest room. It smelled like lilacs, beds were pressed correctly, and everything was organized in their respected cabinets or on the nightstand somewhere.

"Guess we'll be here for a while until we find a way out" Twilight said.

"For now we should get some much needed test" Spike proclaimed.

Taking off their shoes and shirt or dress, Spike and Twilight drifted to sleep.

As soon as nightfall descended upon the people of Boston, a lone woman was walking home in the cool crisp night until she looked behind her thinking that someone was following her when in fact it was only just distant footsteps. She walked a little quicker being careful to not to run away from whatever was following her. Turning around again, an unknown assailant hit the woman with a lamp knocking her out cold before dragging her into the darkness where no one would ever see any trace of her.

The assailant then grabbed an axe and chopped her head off despite her screams for help. He dropped the now bloody axe and walked off before taking away her energy and adding to his own.

He flashed an evil grin before finally leaving.