• Published 15th Mar 2017
  • 526 Views, 16 Comments

Fluttershy's Unexpected Journey - JesterOfDestiny



A gateway opens inside Fluttershy's house and flings her to a cliched high-fantasy world. She's forced to walk from one side of this strange new world to the other, encountering many challenges, friends and foes along the way.

  • ...
 16
 526

Chapter 13 - Fluttershy and the Pharaoh

The sun has already set, but Fluttershy was still speeding through the air. The excitement wouldn’t let her get tired, she knew she was close and wouldn’t want to waste any more time in this world.

She was speeding below the dark starry skies. The ground got blurred by her speed. The dry grass of the savannah ran under her. The grass slowly disappeared, large orange rocks took up their place. There were small fires on top of the rocks, glowing like stars on the ground. But Fluttershy didn’t want to stop until she reached her destination, wherever it may be.

The sun has risen again. Fluttershy was still flying, although she was getting tired from flying all night long. But her excitement just grew, when she finally reached the seemingly endless desert. The morning sun coloured the sand orange. The cold night’s wind has soon heated up.

Fluttershy couldn’t fly any further. She had a long night and not even her excitement could fight against the wishes of her internal clock. She landed and collapsed into the sand. She huffed for air for at least a minute. But something bright cast its light upon her. She got up and saw a splendorous city, not even that far away. It looked remarkably similar to the ruins in the rainforest. She knew it was the right place and excitement overridden her exhaustion again.

She approached the massive gates of the city, which opened, like they were waiting just for her. She walked the wide street towards the largest building resting inside a large rock, and saw the whole city dazzling in the heat of the sun. It was blinding in its beauty.

She reached the gates of the large palace. It towered above her, shining brightly. Two guards with golden masks were standing in front of the gate. Fluttershy tried getting in, but the guards blocked her path and stood there motionless.

“Excuse me,” she said to the guards, “I know you’re just doing your job and you’re wonderful at it, but I really need to get in, it would be super important.”

The guards were unfazed by the talking horse.

“I’ve heard of great magic in here that could get me home.”

But the guards just wouldn’t let her in. What can you do? They’re just doing their job. But she had to get inside somehow.

But suddenly, the guards moved out of her way. It was almost like someone commanded them, but nobody was around to do so. Fluttershy stepped in through the gate, the guards closed the way in as she entered. She climbed a set of stairs towards a large hall, people with golden masks were standing around like statues. She entered the hall and saw a tall figure sitting on a throne wearing an elaborate golden mask of a spoonbill. They all stood motionless, like statues, but they were clearly living people.

Fluttershy stopped in front of the spoonbill masked ruler and greeted them the only way she knows. With a respectful bow.

“You seek my aid little one?” The ruler said, her voice echoing throughout the halls.

“Yes.” Fluttershy answered. “I’ve been trapped in this world. I’ve heard I can get back home here.”

“You’ve heard correctly.” The ruler said with a booming voice, somehow staying completely motionless. “Our lord Hauti gave the power to us, to help those forsaken by fate.”

“I’d be very grateful!” Fluttershy answered.

“Come little one! You shall meet your saviour!” The ruler said and opened her palm towards one of the doors on the side. The door opened and a bipedal hamster stepped through.

“You called, great pharaoh?” It spoke.

“Yes, my trusted scholar.” The ruler said, still sitting completely still. “Your knowledge is needed by the little one.” She pointed at Fluttershy with an open palm.

“Oh, certainly!” Said the hamster. “Come horsey, I’ll help you with whatever you need.”

Fluttershy approached the hamster. They walked through the door, which closed behind them. The hamster chuckled a bit.

“All those theatrics,” he said, “but you can bet they were glad to finally be allowed to move. I can just hear them taking of their masks going ‘Oh, finally!’ ” He said and chuckled again. “I’m sure they talked me up greatly, though. They always do that. So what do you need my help with?”

“I need to get home, to Equestria.” Fluttershy answered.

“Equestria?” The hamster was surprised. “Never heard of it. Where exactly is it?”

“Well, I don’t know. It’s probably a different world entirely.”

The hamster stopped suddenly. “A different world?” He was baffled “How am I supposed to get you there?”

“Wait, you mean you can’t help?”

“No! I mean yes! I mean, I technically can. It’s just that... the teleporter is still in its experimental phases and its teleportational powers highly restricted!”

“It can still take me back to Equestria, right?”

“Possibly.” The hamster pondered for a moment. “That all depends on when that portal to Equestria has appeared. You see, it can only transport you, wherever the last randomly opened portal has lead.”

Fluttershy paused.

“Meaning,” the hamster continued, “it could possibly take you somewhere completely different, with no way back.”

That was a scary thing to hear for Fluttershy. How is she supposed to trust something that’s completely random? But she was still determined.

“Doesn’t matter, it’s still my only solution. I’m willing to take the risk.”

“Fine, but don’t say I haven’t warned you!” Said the hamster.

They entered a large room, with machines lying around the place and covering the walls. In the middle of the room there was a small platform, surrounded by a cage-like structure.

“Stand inside the circle.” Said the hamster. “This gonna take a while. Also, it’s best if you leave your stuff here, we haven’t tested multi-body teleportation before.”

Fluttershy took off her saddlebags and stood on the platform, while the hamster did something on a panel. The cage structure tightened around Fluttershy and the machine started to make a lot of noise. The hamster tapped on the panel. He mumbled to himself and looked at the ceiling a lot. Then suddenly, everything started to glow. Electricity started flowing through the entire machine and the cage around Fluttershy.

The hamster stood in front of the platform. He held his arms out towards the machine, closed his eyes and started concentrating. Soon his whole body started to shake. Then he opened his eyes and they were glowing brightly. Electricity flown through his body, his hands shot beams of light into the machine, which flown through the entire machine and surrounded Fluttershy. The hamster screamed as the blue light engulfed Fluttershy and with a loud blast, the machine stopped, the beam stopped, the hamster stopped and Fluttershy was no longer on the platform. The cage broke open, a few parts have fell off the machine and the hamster was now staring at the empty platform.

“Oh Hauti’s might, I hope that worked!”