• Published 15th Mar 2017
  • 526 Views, 16 Comments

Fluttershy's Unexpected Journey - JesterOfDestiny



A gateway opens inside Fluttershy's house and flings her to a cliched high-fantasy world. She's forced to walk from one side of this strange new world to the other, encountering many challenges, friends and foes along the way.

  • ...
 16
 526

Prologue

Author's Note:

This is something I wrote up for fun. The first long-winded story I've ever written, so excuse the occasional compositional hiccups. Hope you have as much fun reading as I had writing.

It started as a day like any other. The sun was shining brightly, the birds were chirping and Fluttershy was humming along with them, holding a basket with her mouth, as she filled their feeders. For a moment she stopped to appreciate their display. It was a nice peaceful day, just the way Fluttershy likes it. It was a day of relaxation, between many. Nothing exciting has happened for a while now. Just the way Fluttershy likes it.

Of course, I wouldn’t be writing this, if that was the case. Fluttershy has just finished refilling the bird feeders, when she heard a noise coming from inside her cottage. Her peaceful song has stopped. After taking a confused look at her home, she went in to check what it was. But there was nothing there, when she entered. Everything seemed completely normal.

Fluttershy walked in normally, ready to forget she heard anything. She put down her empty basket and even resumed her song. Then the noise happened again and a bright blue light emanated from under the rug. She stopped to observe this noisy light, as it disappeared as suddenly as it appeared. Fluttershy lifted the rug, but there was nothing there. She patted the floor with her hoof, then stepped on it and stood right where the rug used to be, but noticed nothing out of the ordinary. She started wondering whether she should worry or not.

But of course, the light appeared again. Fluttershy took a few steps back to get out of its way. The light got so bright, she had to cover her eyes with her hoof. It just got way too overwhelming to be looked straight into. Then the light stopped again and Fluttershy could finally open her eyes. Much to her surprise, the bit of the floor the rug used to cover was no longer there. In fact, the entire cottage was gone. She found herself in the middle of a large, empty grassland, with not a soul around.

She looked around erratically, trying to make sense of the situation. Trying to figure out what happened and where she was. Well, she couldn’t figure out either and she just stood there in the middle of nowhere. And as she stared into the distance with confusion, a shadow loomed over her. She turned around and the only thing she had the time to see is an enormous club, heading right for her head.