• Published 1st Mar 2017
  • 581 Views, 3 Comments

Therapy With Doodle Noodle - Yosh-E-O



Princess Luna sends Spike and Yosh to seek guidance in understanding their 'feelings' and 'emotions' from one of Canterlot's leading therapists

  • ...
6
 3
 581

Chapter 4 - A Warm Place

Doodle Noodle used her magic to quietly close the door as she lead Yosh inward.

“Is there a fountain in here?” the dragon-duckling asked while breathing in a soothing scent he couldn’t quite identify.

“Yes, sweetie,” answered the mint-green Unicorn. “I have tiny fountains placed all about this room.

TING

Yosh’s ear heard the sound of a soft chime.
“What’s that?” he inquired.

“It’s a triangle I’ve set up so it rings after so much water falls onto a lever,” she replied. “You are indeed perceptive.”

Yosh sighed as he felt Doodle Noodle stop and ask for him to sit himself upon a cushion.

“This is cozy,” cooed Yosh while stifling a yawn. “I could take a nap right now.”

The Unicorn with the sun-striped tail and cartoon-styled brain for a Cutie Mark sat on a cushion across from Yosh.
“So you are relaxed?” she asked.

“Well…,” mumbled the dragon-duckling as he felt another surge of anxiety surge through him. “I wish I could see all the nifty things you have in here.”

“But you did,” cooed Doodle. “There’s nothing in here that your ears didn’t tell you.”

Yosh sighed.
“I’d rather see everything,” he said. “I don’t even know what you look like.”

“That’s easily fixed,” she replied. “I’m a Unicorn mare with a blue, green, and purple streaked mane, mint-green coat, and a picture of an artsy brain on my flank.”

Yosh’s mind started to formulate what Doodle Noodle looked like. In that brief moment he forgot he was blind as the room came to life through his imagination.

“See me now?” she asked with a smile.

“Sort of,” he sighed.

“It’s a start!” she cheered. “I bet you see more than you may think, too.”

“What do you mean?” Yosh asked as he felt himself getting annoyed.

“I’m saying how, even without physical sight, I’m certain you can still see things,” Doodle calmly replied. “You just see them differently than you once did.”

Yosh lowered his head and sighed.

“Your physical eyes still can help you,” continued the therapist. “Allow yourself to think about being in this room while using just your eyes to look around in a clockwise direction.”

The green, dragon-duckling felt more annoyed. However, something in Doodle Noodle’s voice compelled him to do as he was instructed.

“As you move your eyes around,” she said. “Try to keep mindful of how you feel in your chest and stomach. You may just find that looking a certain way helps to make all that stress you may be feeling melt away a bit.”

Yosh was skeptical, but did notice he felt a bit better when his eyes were looking downward.
“Okay,” he said. “Now what?”

“Now,” Doodle said gently. “I want you to breathe slowly in your nose and out your mouth while keeping your eyes looking where you noticed you felt the least amount of stress in your chest and tummy.”

Hearing ‘tummy’ made the dragon-duckling smile from the pure silliness of the word. It also got him to better focus on what Doodle Noodle had instructed him to do.

SHING

Doodle’s horn glowed a shade of purple as she magically put a lavender-colored aura around the dragon-duckling.

“Oh…,” hummed Yosh. “I feel so relaxed.”

“Good,” beamed the therapist while reducing the effect of her spell a bit. “Now, I want you to tell me whatever is on your adorable, little mind.”

Author's Note:

This chapter needed an edit due to my memory not remembering how Doodle Noodle looked. It has been fixed. Thanks for those who helped point it out. :)