• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 1,822 Views, 11 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: Rise of Wolf-Spider - Funnel Web



This is basically a what if Equestria had it's own Spider-Man. If you're a fan of both, then follow Midnight Wolf on this adventure as you head into the like of the Deadly Wolf-Spider. He'll face lots of enemies so be prepared for some excitement.

  • ...
8
 11
 1,822

Chapter 9 Blast From The Past

Many weeks have passed since the fall of Nightmare Moon. Midnight brought his torn up costume to Rarity’s so she can fix it. When Midnight returned to the tree house, he saw Twilight working on a chalkboard with a lot of scientific symbols with a lab coat and goggles. Midnight questions what was Twilight doing.

“Um….Twilight? What are you doing?” Midnight questions Twilight.

“It came to my mind lately, Midnight. I remember that you’ve told me that an explosion caused you to have your powers. So I was wondering, can I take a sample of your blood?” Twilight asked, removing her lab goggles.

“You know, I did wonder how did an explosion cause me to have my powers. Sooooooo….yeah, sure. Why not”.

Twilight took the blood sample and examined it in a strange computer. It took a few seconds but when Twilight saw what was the cause, she gasps in shock. She examines the cells to see what makes them tick.

“Oh my Celestia! I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s amazing!” Twilight says in shock.

“What? What is it, Twilight?” Midnight asks Twilight.

“It’s your DNA. Your encounter with the explosion must have altered your DNA. Normal for what I could find, an explosion on how you have explained sounds like a Sonic Rainboom and it can break through solid rock and shake entire mountains. But somehow there was a different effect on you when you got caught in it. So when the sonic rainboom went through you, it must have mutated your body cells and altered your pony DNA and somehow gave you spider DNA. But my only question is why spider DNA?”

“Sooo...do you know what kind of chemicals a sonic rainboom has? Maybe if we find the right chemicals, we can find the source of my powers?”.

“Wow. I’ve…...never even thought about that”.

Just then, Rainbow Dash barges in outta nowhere and crashes. When the dust cleared from the crash, everypony was buried in books. Midnight uses his strength to bring his hoof out of the pile of books and starts swinging around a white flag. Twilight and Rainbow Dash get up from the pile of books. But when Midnight tried to get up, he accidentally grabbed the nearest bookshelf which had a mysterious potion in a bottle. When the potion landed on Midnight’s head, stars started flying around his head while making tweeting noises. But after a few seconds, Midnight disappeared in just a POOF.

“MIDNIGHT! Twilight, what was in that bottle?!” Rainbow Dash asked, with worry in her voice.

“Um…..a teleportation potion mixed with a time potion” Twilight replied, her heart sinking.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash started screaming at the top of their lungs now that Midnight disappeared and they don’t know when or where he is now. Midnight better ended up in a safe place, because he could teleport anywhere by now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Midnight wakes up after that teleportation. When he get’s up from the floor, only to find himself in the Canterlot Castle. It was night time as well. Midnight wondered if that potion led him to the same date but later at night.

“Oh please tell me that I didn’t went back in time. If I did, then this potion better wear off soon” Midnight said, feeling annoyed.

But when things couldn’t get any worse, two guards were coming around the corner. Midnight had to think fast but realized that he can change his skin color. He just has to think sneaky. His skin turns clear, turning him completely invisible. If he was in time or not, he’d rather not take the risk to find out. If he changes anything, who knows what could happen. Midnight tries his best to sneak out of the castle and find a place to hide until the potion wears off. But when he walked past Princess Celestia’s room, he heard somepony…......crying? Yet, curiosity got the better of him, plus he was still invisible so he went and checked it out. When he peeked through the door, he saw Princess Celestia in her bed crying. She looks at the moon, with tears flowing out of her eyes.

“I miss…..I miss you!” Celestia said to the moon, yet with more tears in her eyes.

That’s when it hit Midnight in the head. He’s back when Nightmare Moon was on the moon. Yet, when Midnight saw Celestia acting like this, he gained a flashback. Celestia reminded of Midnight himself when he was a little colt. Midnight saw himself in Celestia. She lost somepony that was her family, same thing happened to Midnight, losing his mother. Midnight feels like he should do something.

“M...maybe this won’t change anything. I mean, it’s only comforting somepony so no harm will be done for the present, right” Midnight whispered to himself.

Midnight really didn’t want something that happened to him happen to anypony else. So…..with him still being invisible, Midnight sneaks in, wall crawls on the ceiling, hanging upside down behind Celestia. Midnight uses his webbing to create a tissue made out of webbing. Celestia looks behind her, Midnight turns his skin normal, making is visible for Celestia to see him, and offers Celestia the tissue.

Celestia starts to forge a smile, taking the tissue and says “(sniff) Thank you”.

Midnight nods his head and seeing his body is starting to fade away. The potion must be wearing off. Well, at least he saved somepony today….well mentally, anyway and Midnight disappears in a blink of an eye. When Midnight gets up, he finally knows that he’s back in the library. Twilight and Rainbow Dash hugged Midnight, knowing that he came back in one peace.

“Wow, did everypony missed me that much?” Midnight said, with a little humor in his voice.

Twilight explained that while Midnight was gone, she tracked down the source of Midnight’s powers. Turns out that Rainbow Dash had performed a sonic rainboom a long time ago when she was a filly. That explained where did that sonic rainboom come from. RD knowing that it was her fault that Midnight got his powers, she walked up to Midnight with tears in her eyes.

“I’ve done a terrible thing to you. I’ve made you lose your normal life. If it wasn’t for me……(sniff sniff) You would be living a normal life right now! I’m so...so...sorry. It’s all my fault” Rainbow Dash said, crying a few tears in the process.

Midnight now realizes that it was because of Rainbow Dash that he got his powers. Even though she was right, Midnight didn’t care. He walks over to Rainbow Dash and comforts her, shedding a few tears as well. Midnight knew that just blaming her would be the wrong thing to do and he knew better. Plus she didn’t knew.

“I've done terrible things, too. What happened a long time ago was not your fault. You didn’t know what could have happened. You’re my friend, RD, and nothing will change that. I’m not mad at you. We make mistakes in our lives. But I do know this. When you join the Wonderbolts, you’re going to be the best out of all of them...…...I forgive you” Midnight said to RD, shedding a few tears and forging a smile.

Twilight was starting to shed a few happy tears as she watched the one pony she fell in love with had given comfort to another pony. This shows how much of a heart Midnight has inside him. So…..Twilight joins in the group hug. Midnight has managed to comfort royalty and his friend in one day. This just proves that Midnight truly has the magic of friendship inside him.



To Be Continued.....