• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 1,815 Views, 11 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: Rise of Wolf-Spider - Funnel Web



This is basically a what if Equestria had it's own Spider-Man. If you're a fan of both, then follow Midnight Wolf on this adventure as you head into the like of the Deadly Wolf-Spider. He'll face lots of enemies so be prepared for some excitement.

  • ...
8
 11
 1,815

Chapter 11 At The Gala

Tonight was the big night. It was Midnight’s first date with his marefriend, Twilight Sparkle. Thanks to Rarity and her guidance, he is more than ready for his date. He had hair gel, cologne, flowers, and best of all, a really nice suit. Though just in case something really bad happens at the Gala, Midnight hid his costume under the suit he’s wearing right now. Midnight and the mane six make it to Canterlot, ready to celebrate the Grand Galloping Gala. Midnight just hopes that nothing will ruin this night. When they made it to the Gala, Everypony went their separate ways. Rarity left to find her “true love”, AJ left to go set up her apple store, RD left to go find the Wonderbolts, Pinkie Pie went to the ballroom, and Fluttershy left to go to the animal garden. Twilight stayed with Midnight. This night can’t be ruined, not as long as Twilight is with Midnight. But when they make it to the dancing room, things are about to go downhill. The ponies were pretty rude, acting like that they are superior than normal ponies. Midnight gets annoyed.

“Ugh, RUUUUUUUDE!” Midnight said in his head.

“You okay, Midnight? You don’t look too good” Twilight asked.

“Nono, it’s fine. I just wasn’t expecting THIS. I can’t say that I like it. But it doesn’t matter, as long as I’m with you”.

“Aaw, Midnight. Stop. You’re embarrassing me”.

Twilight blushes. So far, so good. Their date is going pretty well, besides everypony else being rude and arrogant. Twilight starts to lean closer to Midnight, ready to kiss him. Midnight leaned in closer, but was interrupted by the buzzing noise in his head.

“What is it, Midnight?” Twilight asks, feeling confused.

Midnight looks around and when he looks down, he sees a random zap apple in front of their hoofs. Midnight got confused of why was there a zap apple here.
It was not that kind of season yet. Twilight was confused as well. She leaned in and tried to grab the zap apple. Midnight’s buzzing noise goes off like crazy and realizes that the zap apple is making beeping noises. Midnight tackles Twilight away from the zap apple. The zap apple was beeping super fast that it exploded. The explosion tore Midnight’s nice suit a little bit.

“Oh come on! This suit was a rental!” Midnight complained.

Everypony was wondering where did that explosive zap apple came from. Everypony started to hear….some kind of sinister laugh. Nopony in the room was laughing. Midnight’s buzzing noise was really going off like crazy. Midnight hears a sinister voice and turns around to see…..a pony?! The pony looked like a colt, his wings looked mechanical, had a bag of explosive zap apples, evil red eyes, razor sharp teeth, and was purple. But there were a few parts of him that were green such as his ears, neck, and back hoofs. The mysterious pony just laughs.

“Good news everypony. Equestria’s gone PURPLE! Say hello to the new big pony of crime: The Arch-Goblin! HAHAHAHAHAHA!”

t he just laughs and says “(tick tick tick) You shouldn’t be up this late at night, you could get bags under your eyes” as he threw a zap apple filled with sleeping gas. The guards and Celestia Everypony starts screaming in fear while Arch Goblins flies over to the stage and grabs the microphone.

“Oh don’t be afraid, everypony. I’m not here to hurt you, well...not yet anyway. But I’m terribly sorry but I’m afraid that your co-ruler Luna can’t come to the Gala tonight. She’s a bit….TIED UP! MmmmHmhmhmhehehehahahaha! You’ve gotta love the classics. But all I want from all of you is your undying loyalty to me...or the dying kind. The Arch-Goblin is nothing if not flexible”.

Arch-Goblin gets interrupted by a voice that said “You know, for being a crazy lunatic, you surely laugh too much” before getting a hoof to the face, sending him flying across the room. It was Wolf-Spider!

“As these ponies savior, I would like you to leave, and that is an order” Wolf-Spider said.

“Oh, but the Arch-Goblin does not take orders from bugs. The Arch-Goblin swats them into oblivion!”.

“Bugs?! Now that’s just insulting! Spiders are not bugs! They are arachnids! There’s a huge difference!”.

But then, Arch-Goblin was about to say something but got interrupted by a random voice that said “He might be offended by that, but I’m not” before Arch-Goblin gets a hoof to the face. It was Rainbow Dash!

“RD! What are you doing?! You need to get outta here! You’re gonna get hurt!” Wolf-Spider shouted.

“HA! And let you have all of the fun? Not a chance” RD replied.

Arch-Goblin gets up from that kick and just laughs. Arch-Goblin points under both Wolf-Spider and RD’s feet to see a zap apple, ready to explode. Both of them jumped out of the way. Arch-Goblin gets his mechanical wings working again and starts flying away, laughing. Wolf-Spider told RD to stay and make sure that everypony is okay while goes after Arch-Goblin. RD nodded and Wolf-Spider went after Arch-Goblin. Arch-Goblin finds Wolf-Spider catching up to him.

“Ah, so you’re a chaser, aren’t you? Well, try to keep up with a bulls-eye on your back!” Arch-Goblin said, laughing and throwing more zap apples at Wolf-Spider.

Wolf-Spider dodged as many zap apples as he can, he took a few explosives but that didn’t stop him. Wolf-Spider got closer and closer, until he caught Arch-Goblin, webbing him up on a building, about to leave him for the guards. But Arch-Goblin just laughs.

“Now what’s so funny?” Wolf-Spider asked, feeling annoyed by that laugh.

“Just the special fire and brimstone zap apple I left behind as a present for our Princess Celestia. Any minute now, the ruler of Equestria will paint the town with rainbows! ….Well, the ballroom anyway” Arch-Goblin replied and started laughing again.

Wolf-Spider was shocked of what Arch-Goblin just said. He needs to hurry. Wolf-Spider leaves but when he turned around, Arch-Goblin was gone. He got confused. Where did he go? But Wolf-Spider doesn’t have time for that. He needs to head back to the gala and stop the zap apple from exploding. When Wolf-Spider made it back to the gala, he spotted the zap apple, grabbed it and left. He kept on searching for the nearest place to throw it without anypony getting caught in the explosion. Seeing no ocean, he had an idea. He flew high up in the air and once he was high enough, he threw the zap really high up in the air, almost reaching outer space. Wolf-Spider flew away as the zap exploded, but he wasn’t far enough. He could have died if didn’t fly away from the zap apple at all. The explosion damaged his costume, and knocking him unconscious. With him knocked out, he can’t save himself from falling. Just when he was about to meet his demise, something caught him. It was some kind of blue magic. It was Princess Luna!

She managed to escape Arch-Goblin’s trap just in time to save Wolf-Spider. Luna brought Wolf-Spider back to the gala, his costume completely ripped to shreds, revealing most of his face.

“Guards! Get the medics down here!” Luna ordered the guards.

The medics came in and took Wolf-Spider to the hospital, but...it was over. His mask was completely destroyed. Everypony now knows who Wolf-Spider is. Wolf-Spider is not gonna like it when he wakes up.

To Be Continued......