• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 1,821 Views, 11 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: Rise of Wolf-Spider - Funnel Web



This is basically a what if Equestria had it's own Spider-Man. If you're a fan of both, then follow Midnight Wolf on this adventure as you head into the like of the Deadly Wolf-Spider. He'll face lots of enemies so be prepared for some excitement.

  • ...
8
 11
 1,821

Chapter 1 Origins Part I.

‘Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Ponies,' the one school where you just can’t help but feel like you’re at home. That is, unless you’re a rookie, like a shy pegasus named Midnight Wolf. He had just arrived at the school and it was his first day.

“I-I don’t know about this, Mom. What if I don't make it through the first year?” Midnight said, panic evident in his voice.

“Don’t worry, Midnight. You’ll do great. I promise” Flora Wolf replied, patting Midnight on the back. “If anything goes wrong, Princess Celestia will be there. Now go along now, Midnight. Love you”.

Midnight smiled up at his mother, “love you too, Mom.”

Midnight started running towards the front door, but as he passed through the door, he tripped and fell flat on his face. He knew instantly that this first day of school was not going to end well as he got up from the ground and started walking away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he made it to recess, he was just sitting alone in the shade, and he didn’t socialize with anypony. He also had trouble flying, as he never learned how to prior to that day. Even though he didn't have many friends, he did have a companion, who equated to a voice in his head. Just like an imaginary friend.

“You hear about the new pony that got transferred from Cloudsdale?” A unicorn said, sass prevalent in her voice. “I’ve heard he just arrived today.”

“Yeah. I heard he hardly had any friends,” another unicorn said. “I even heard that he can’t fly.”

“HA, what a loser.”

When Midnight heard those voices, it pushed him over the edge. His fur turned hot red, conveying the anger that raged inside of him. Desperate to prove them wrong, Midnight climbed to the roof of the school and got ready to jump. Everypony at the school went outside, watching Midnight from above. Even Celestia herself even showed up.

“MIDNIGHT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON’T DO IT!” Celestia yelled, her voice laced with worry.

Midnight jumped and started flapping his wings. During the time, a spider jumped on his leg secretly and held on for dear life. He was sweating all over but managed to get fairly high up. Showing himself behind the sun, he finally proved to everypony that he COULD fly.

However, as he struggled to retain his altitude, there was an explosion that resounded through the air. When everypony looked behind Midnight, they found a massive ring of rainbow light passing the sky. The blast was coming right for Midnight, but he was so focused on staying aloft that he didn't see the ring headed for him. Everypony tried to tell him to turn around but that didn’t help at all.

“MIDNIGHT, WATCH OUT” Celestia screamed.

Her voice managed to reach him and he turned around to look, but was too late. He was quickly caught up in the blast. He started falling to the ground, the shockwave leaving him unconscious. Celestia tried to save him but was too late. He literally crashed into the ground. When the dust cleared up, everypony watched in awe as Midnight simply got back up. The impact had apparently woken him up immediately.

“Woah… What happened?” Midnight asked, feeling a little woozy.

“Are you okay?” Celestia asked Midnight, searching over him for injury.

She was scared but Midnight simply shrugged it off, saying he was going home. He didn’t feel well, like he was going to be sick. He began walking away, not saying a word. As he walked, his fur turned a deep shade of blue. He thought that was a complete waste of his own time and just made a fool out of himself in front of the whole school. But the real question on everypony's mind was how did he survive that blast from the sonic rainboom?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Midnight got home, he felt woozier then ever. Flora was just cleaning the house, as usual.

“Hi sweetie, how was school?” She asked when she noticed him walk in.

“I’m not feeling well, Mom. I’m gonna go to sleep” Midnight replied

“You sure? You haven’t even eaten dinner yet”.

“Uhh...I’m just a little woozy. Everything’s fine”.

Midnight headed to his room, closing the door gently. Flora questioned on what was wrong with his son, Midnight, but shrugged it off and figured it was just exhaustion due to the first day of school.

When Midnight got to his room and simply passed out. At this point, he was in deep sleep mode. In his dream, Midnight was somewhere in Equestria when he heard something. Midnight turned around and found a pony that rainbow colors all over it. When it looked at Midnight, it gave him that glare with its red eyes. It was clearly getting ready to attack him. Midnight started running. And after a short while, he hid behind a corner, thinking that he’d lost the pony. When it was gone, Midnight looked and decided to catch his breath. But he felt it breathing behind him; he turned around slowly. The last thing he saw was the creature lunging at him.

His alarm went off, bringing him into a whole new day. Midnight screamed at the top of his lungs when it went off. But Midnight took in the sights around him and relaxed.

“Whew, what a nightmare” Midnight said, sweat all over his body.
When Midnight got up, he looked at the mirror to see that he had completely changed. His arms and legs had more muscle, and he felt great.

“Midnight, are you alright?” Flora said, knocking on Midnight’s door.

“Yeah, Mom. I’m... I’m great” Midnight replied, with a little surprise in his voice.

“Well, hurry up. You’re gonna be late for school”.

“Right. Okay, Mom”.

Midnight was so surprised on how his body had changed; he wasn't sure how to feel about it. He wondered if he went to the gym in his sleep last night. When he tried to comb his hair, the comb instantly broke, like it was thin paper, though this great feeling he was having overpowered the confusion that should have been there. When he got to the living room, even his mother even surprised with her son's new look.

“Huh? I thought you were sick, Midnight” Flora said, confusion in her voice.

“I got better. Bye Mom, love you” Midnight said, leaving without another word to go to school.



To Be Continued......