• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 1,822 Views, 11 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: Rise of Wolf-Spider - Funnel Web



This is basically a what if Equestria had it's own Spider-Man. If you're a fan of both, then follow Midnight Wolf on this adventure as you head into the like of the Deadly Wolf-Spider. He'll face lots of enemies so be prepared for some excitement.

  • ...
8
 11
 1,822

Chapter 14 Wolf-Spider VS King Sombra

The new suit was great! Wolf-Spider felt like he could do anything as long as he had it on. When Wolf-Spider went back to the tree house, Twilight got a message from Shining Armor and it said to meet him at the Crystal Empire. Midnight and Twilight brought their friends along and went to the train station. Few hours later, they made it. But something was wrong. There was a really bad snow storm. Shining Armor walked in front of the group but his horn had black rocks all over it. Shining Armor explained that an evil known as King Sombra is returning and the crystal heart was missing. King Sombra was once the evil ruler of the Crystal Empire. Everypony in the Empire were slaves. Until Celestia and Luna used the Elements of Harmony to banish him. But now he’s returning and they the crystal heart to bring peace in the Crystal Empire. When Shining Armor explained who was King Sombra, a mysterious voice said “Hmph. Well, he’s no match for us. Isn’t he, Midnight?” in Midnight’s head. Midnight got confused on who said that but just ignored it, it was probably nothing. When they make it to the castle, Midnight spots Cadance but she looks really weak than she was before. It’s like she was dying. Midnight needs to find Sombra or the Crystal Heart. He figured that Twilight and her friends will find the Crystal Heart while go finds King Sombra. But before he left, Shining Armor grabbed Midnight by the shoulder.

“Midnight, are you sure you wanna do this? King Sombra is not your average ordinary bad guy. He is called KING Sombra for a reason” Shining Armor said.

“Yeah, I’m sure. Plus, it’s me. Remember?” Midnight replied, with a little bit of aggression in his voice.

Midnight left the building. Shining Armor felt concerned for Midnight. Midnight doesn’t usually be this...aggressive. Did something upset him? There is something different about Midnight. He just hopes that it’s not bad.

Wolf-Spider swings around the Crystal Empire, searching for King Sombra. He’s usually not this aggressive. The voice in Wolf-Spider’s head says “Pfft. We don’t need them. We can take on King Sombra by ourselves”. When he realized that all of the black spikes kept growing on the castle, he knew where King Sombra is.

“Ok, KING Sombra, it’s time to see what you’re made of” Wolf-Spider said to himself.

Wolf-Spider flew to the top of the castle, ready to fight Sombra. When he reached the top, he saw a bunch of black smoke. The smoke began to forge a face. It was King Sombra! Midnight has prepared himself for this ever since he got here.

“So much….hatred. So much….aggression. I like it!” Sombra said with a sinister smile on his face.

Sombra forged a sword out of dark magic. Wolf-Spider just growls at Sombra. He is prepared to take down Sombra. Twilight runs up to the top to see Wolf-Spider about to fight Sombra. Twilight tries to stop Wolf-Spider but got caught by Sombra’s magic. Wolf-Spider can’t believe it. Sombra is holding Twilight hostage. That ticks Wolf-Spider off.

“You dare try to interfere this fight?! I’m gonna enjoy slaying you” Sombra said to Twilight.

“Her?! You haven’t even got started with me!” Wolf-Spider shouted.

Sombra swings his sword at Wolf-Spider but the stallion simply dodged those attacks. Wolf-Spider uses his webbing to save Twilight and putting her back at the bottom of the castle. Wolf-Spider gets furious.

“Are you insane?! You could have been killed!” Wolf-Spider shouted at Twilight.

“I’ve warned you of what could happen! You have to get that suit off!” Twilight shouted back

“You know what?! I’m not gonna listen to anymore of this! Who’s side are you on, Twilight?! You gave me this suit, and I’m gonna keep it! If you don’t like it then…...leave!”.

Twilight was shocked of what Wolf-Spider said. She started shedding tears. The one pony that she loved is almost gone. She ran away, crying. Wolf-Spider just went back to the top of the castle to face Sombra.

“Who needs friends. I have this new suit” Wolf-Spider said to himself.

When Wolf-Spider made it back to the castle, Sombra looks at him and just laughs. He brings his sword back and starts swinging at Wolf-Spider. When Sombra saw a pillar on top of Wolf-Spider, he sliced it off, landing it on top of Wolf-Spider.

“Don’t….you...get it, Sombra?! I. am. Invincible!” Wolf-Spider shouted, throwing the pillar at Sombra.

Sombra is shocked. He dodged the pillar that Wolf-Spider threw at him and starts fleeing. Wolf-Spider gets more furious and screams “Get back here, Sombra!” and starts chasing after him. When Sombra thought he was safe, he stopped running to take a breather. But what he didn’t know was that Wolf-Spider was standing right behind him. Wolf-Spider tackles Sombra and starts squeezing him.

“What good does your dark magic do for you, now?!” Wolf-Spider said, squeezing Sombra even tighter.

But just when Wolf-Spider was about to squeeze King Sombra to death, he gets interrupted by the buzzing noise going off in his head. He looks behind him and…..Arch-Goblin is coming up fast!

Wolf-Spider uses his webbing to grab Arch-Goblin in the chest and give him a giant falcon punch, knocking him out cold. Wolf-Spider let’s go of King Sombra and walks over to Arch-Goblin, lying on the ground and puts him in a choke-hold.

“You again?! I’m gonna save you for dessert” Wolf-Spider said as he wrapped Arch-Goblin up with his webbing and leaving him outside of the castle.

“And you? You’re the main course!” Wolf-Spider said as turned back around to Sombra.

Wolf-Spider uses his webbing to grab Sombra’s sword, throwing it to a wall, destroying it.
Sombra is shocked, he just destroyed his swords. He starts gritting his teeth and gets really furious.

“You will pay for that with your life, mortal!” Sombra shouted, charging at Wolf-Spider.

But Wolf-Spider simply grabs him by the horn and lifts him over his head and says “The check’s in the mail, baby” in a sinister voice as he starts walking towards the edge of the castle, ready to throw him off.

“What are you doing?! Don’t you know any honor?! You’re supposed to be the hero. You can’t do this!” Sombra screamed in fear.

“Why not? I have the power” Wolf-Spider replied, ready to throw him off the castle.

But something stops Wolf-Spider. He starts having flashbacks of ponies who thought of his suit was changing him. When he finally snapped out of it. He steps back from the edge and starts shaking his head, back and forward.

“What am I doing?! Twilight is right! I have changed! It’s this suit! it’s changing me!” Wolf-Spider said to himself.

All of a sudden, his suit pushes Sombra over the edge on it’s own. Wolf-Spider is shocked, his suit really is taking over. He uses his webbing to grab Sombra before he hit the ground. He now realizes that he has to get that suit off.


To Be Continued......