• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 4,457 Views, 131 Comments

The First Battle of Equestria - Spyderslicer



The question answered, 'why does Celestia hate humans?' one word; invasion.

  • ...
13
 131
 4,457

Chapter 9. Battle for Detrot: day 7 of X

I apologize for the shortness of this chapter my ponies. But my parents were in a motorcycle accident and are currently in ICU down in Ohio. I probably won’t be doing a lot of writing over the next couple of weeks. Before you freak out (none of you know me so you shouldn’t) they are both living and breathing with no brain damage. But when you have work and three siblings to now take care of for at least a week or two... not exactly a lot of time for writing. Hope you enjoy this short chapter, more whenever possible.

It had already been six days, and the sun was rising on the seventh. Battles were even more sporadic, firefights breaking out everywhere and what were at least partially clear lines, were now all but gone. Every building was a warzone; every room was a bunker. Somepony said it was like there was no humans or ponies fighting, only rats. Rats that crawled through whatever they could to survive, because it seemed like traveling openly in the streets was suicide.



“Look we can’t get reinforcements, so we need to make do with every pony we have at our disposal. Look, our Pegasi are keeping us well informed, we need to make sure we are in constant communication,” Blue Blade said to Heavy Shield as they stood over several maps of Detrot.

“Blue Blade, the most recent reports are showing some new weak points in the enemy line,” Heavy Shield said pointing his hoof on the map.

“They pulled out most of their soldiers from these building here and here; they then used them to attack us down the street from them. The attack failed and we still hold the building. I think we should move a few groups of ponies and take the building they are holding. We can use that to strike at further weak points in their line,” Blue Blade said with several motions with his hoof.

“I’ll dispatch some ponies now sir,” one of the ponies said before taking off.

“You hear how it’s all falling apart?” Shield whispered.

“Yes, at this rate we’re goners, but I’ve said it before, we hold this city to the last pony. You as well as I know what is at stake. The princess informed me about new weapons in production and new ones being developed. Every week, day and hour is giving them time to be better prepared,” Blue Blade said grimly.

“I know sir, it feels like we’re fighting a losing battle,” Heavy Shield said sorrowfully.

“Because we are, I’m not going to buck with you. We are taking more losses than we can deal back. It seems like every building we take back, we lose two. And take a look at the map here,” he said pointing his hoof to two locations on the map, “they are obviously planning something here; they are putting a lot of effort along the edges of the city. I think I know what they are doing and we need to put a stop to it.”

“What does it look like sir?”

“Like they are trying to completely surround us,” Blue said flatly.

“Do you have a plan?”

“Hold out as long as possible and take out as many of the demons as we can. I have found a good place; it will be our fallback position when it all falls apart. I’ve had the fountain of Celestia reinforced; it’s surrounded with sandbags and brickwork. If we were at full strength it would be tiny, but I’ve been had a bunch of ponies digging a trench around it. The fountain is now more of a fortress. That and if we keep up our effort we can keep them on their hoofs at least another full week,” Blue Blade said traces of pride evident in his voice.

“Why do you almost happy sir?” Shield asked.

“Look at what we are facing, a force probably a dozen times stronger than ours. And have held on for a week, with a possibility of a second week. This will be one for history books,” Blue Blade said with a devilish grin.

“Yes, now if only we will be around to read them,” Tall Spark muttered from the corner.




Captain 105 was leading a defense with what little remained of his company. His once large group of men reduced once again to a handful. Starting with close to seven-hundred now down to fifty-two. 105 threw a grenade out the window the explosion was followed by the wails of injured xenos.

He motioned to one of men with a plasma gun. He stepped to the window a fired a burst of white hot plasma; courtesy of a dead quarter master. The screaming stopped.

“Captain, incoming vox,” 105’s vox caster said tapping him on the shoulder.

“New objective?” 105 asked wearily.

“Yes sir, we are to consolidate four buildings down and remove a threat to a convoy that needs to move through the streets,” his vox caster said as he closed the link.

“I want fifteen of you to give us cover, the rest of you on me,” 105 said before taking off down the stairs.

Checking outside to see if it was clear, check; with that done he sprinted out the door and into the next building. Half his men sprinted across the street. Looking out the front of building he was in, he could see his men moving across the street. He sent a vox to his men at the rear and ordered them to begin moving.

Everyone was in position, readying his plasma pistol, another weapon ‘acquired’ from the downed quarter master; 105 gave the order. Lasfire from across the street filled the air, followed by the sound of their last heavy stubber. Their other cannon had either been destroyed or they were out of ammunition.

Quickly the equines began firing back. This gave 105 the opportunity he needed. Most of the fire was coming from the upper floors, the first floor only had a couple of windows. His men were lined along the front wall, his men across the street were firing at the upper floors.

Emperor, bestow upon me,
Your righteous fury and Your furious strength,
Let me become the storm that blasts the enemy from your sight.

105 gave a nod to a soldier who tossed in a grenade. There was a cry of surprise followed by the explosion. The soldier who threw the grenade charged in, he was blasted out a split second later; white flames billowed from his torso.

He was screaming before receiving the Emperors mercy. 105 charged in, a horned equine had fired a super-heated flare, similar to what they used for lighting up the night. Its head was down and it was preparing a second one. Saber drawn 105 rushed forward and removed its muzzle with a powerful swing. The warp magic stopped and the beast did its best to scream, all that came was a high pitched whine as blood sprayed from what was left of its muzzle.

Suffer not the xeno to live.

105 thrust his saber in an upwards motion spearing clear through its skull. Its eyes rolled into its head and its legs buckled. 105 used his foot to remove the xeno filth from his saber.

His seventeen remaining men followed him in. A pony running down the stairs was met with a burst from a plasma gun. The white hot plasma hitting its head killing it instantly; its limp body fell down the stairs, the plasma melting its heads contents which now dripped on to the floor.

“For the Emperor 105!” 105 shouted as he charged up the stairs.

A pony trying to block him received an execution styled headshot. The melee was a maelstrom of death and chaos.

A guardsman opened up a door only to get bull rushed from inside. A horned equine used its horn like a lance, stabbing into his chest and carrying him across the hallway and into an open door and slammed him hard into the wall. The kid vomited blood inside his mask. He pulled out a frag grenade, pulled the pin and slammed the grenade into the xenos face. 105 rounded the corner just in time to witness the explosion of red; chunks of xeno and human flesh splattered across the walls of the room.

Two guardsmen were killed by friendly fire. They burst into a room with six equines. They spun around and stood tall to meet the guardsmen. The heavy bolter across the street had a bead on the six xenos, the loss of two guardsmen was deemed acceptable. The heavy bolter opened fire and the room was torn apart. The floor was cover in a pool of blood; amidst the carnage were large chunks of flesh and bone.

105 had to lead the way, the soldier that was killed by the flare had taken his place in the door way. He had to redeem himself in His eyes. Thundering up more stairs weapons in hand, he found himself staring into the eyes of an unarmed xeno, it had a satchel of medical supplies and was in the midst of battlefield surgery. The equine looked at him with terror filled eyes and a pair of forceps floating next to it. A single blast of plasma, blowing a clean hole through its head, the xeno fell lifeless on to its comrade, the forceps falling to the floor. Another shot to the already injured xeno; 105 then took off down the hall. He kicked in a door and found himself staring into six and a half pairs of eyes. Quickly he began firing rapid fire; his weapon stopped firing and began to glow. His eyes bulged and he threw the weapon at a xeno before diving down the hallway. He heard the weapon explode and drawing his backup laspistol he checked back in the room. There was a six foot hole in the floor with half xeno next to it; the plasma had melted the entire right side of its body in an instant. At least two other equines had been completely engulfed and melted do to the plasma, the last four had either been hit by his shots or had plasma splash on them when his weapons cooling system failed.

I apologize for my actions machine spirits.

105 witnessed a few xenos trying to flee out the rear, he let them go. They made it twenty meters down the alley before getting side blinded by lasfire. His fifteen men had cut them off completely from escape.

His assault team had taken all the losses. Out of eighteen men he charged in with his had only five left. These might only be xeno scum, but they still refused to give up even an inch of ground without a fight. 105 slammed a fresh power pack home before holstering his laspistol, luckily his vox caster had survived the fight.

“Sir, command says we are to hold this structure until the convoy arrives. We are then to join them to help them as required,” his vox caster said to 105.

“Ok men, form up,” 105 said through his soldier’s vox beads.

Just another day in the guard.



Celestia had just been informed the diamond dogs were here. It was a trip that should have taken close to a month, probably more. It turns out the diamond dogs had been living in her country for some time. They had only asked for immigration rights so they wouldn’t be kicked out if found, and so they could bring more diamond dogs in. Using her hooves to massage her temples she let out a sigh.

The news from Detrot wasn’t good news. Things were looking bleak, but her subjects refused to give up. She was proud of her ponies, where most would have given up and surrendered they stood to face the danger.

Just like so many battles fought over two centuries previous, she just hoped it wouldn’t end in the same way.



Guardsman 1637-3026-0128-1963 had been moving through the ruins of Detrot for close to a week. His rifles kill count was reaching triple digits. He had been hunted himself for around half of the week. It had started as a dozen. He had shrunk it to three. A couple days later it was down to two, the next day to one. But this last one refused to go down. It was a challenge he would gladly undergo for Him.

Four xenos were walking down the street. They froze and suddenly took off. Taking a deep breath he slowly pulled the trigger. One dropped blood spraying from its neck. He cocked his rifle and fired again; missed. The remaining equines scurried like rats into the alleys.

A xeno weapon opened up and hit around his window.

Time to displace, 1637 thought as he hefted his rifle and left. He took off down the hallway and entered the stair well; he went up two flights of stairs and entered into another hallway. He would go further left. He had his laspistol drawn when he opened the door. Peering inside, it was clear. He holstered his laspistol and moved for the window. Linking down the scope for whatever had fired at him. There was a flash from a window, followed by a flash from a window across the street. Then more small weapons fire hit around his window.

“Feth,” he cursed as he ducked below the window. His position was compromised, 1637 slung his rifle and turned to leave, with a large flash he found himself staring into the eyes of a xeno. He reached for his laspistol only for a burst of warp magic to slam in to his chest and send him flying out the window. He fell fifteen stories and slammed into a cart. Another flash and the same xeno were standing over him. He knew he was dead the second he looked into its eyes. They were the eyes of a killer, they were the eyes of someone who was already dead.

He still tried to reach for his laspistol, but he was losing conciseness due to blood loss, the large chunk of wood that was through his back and out his stomach would be responsible. He found himself staring at his bayonet which was floating in front of his face surrounded by an oddly colored glow. The sharp blade was pressed deeply against his throat and dragged across. He lay there praying to Him as darkness began to envelop his vision, the last thing he heard was-

“That was for Comet, you demon.”

With that 1637 went into the Emperors embrace.



Silver Stone stood above the dead human. He was no longer a rational thinking pony, his mind had finally snapped after losing his last two comrades. He had been tracking the human since the beginning, he found several buildings the human liked to use for his ambushes and he had switched regularly. It was a matter of time before he came back to this one. He unhooked his autogun and rocket project, they fell to ground with a clatter, he then stripped the human’s body of everything of value.

He took the weird looking straps that held its ammunition and slid them over his neck. He slid the short sword into its proper sheath along with the pistol he pried from the human’s hand. Finally he took the rifle that was luckily unbroken even with the long fall. With that he teleported into a building, he would become the bane of these filthy creatures, he would kill whenever possible and spirit himself away.

Hope you all enjoyed it. Have a great day my little ponies. The next chapter will be longer, I promise.

Hunter C. Creed